Position: Small Forward
College: Overseas on Club KK Cedevita
Standing Reach: 8’9”
Max Vertical: 31.5”
European League Statistics with Cedevita (2017/2018)
2-PT FG%: 60.3%
3-PT FG%: 31.3%
Comparisons: Rodney Hood, Bigger Jordan Crawford
3 Things to Know
- Nice set of both driving and shooting skills
- Good ball handler who uses change of pace very well
- Can he break Euroball habitats that won’t fly in the NBA?
- Shown good range and the ability to shoot from anywhere with a quick release.
- Has the ability to create off the dribble with a nice floater when finishing.
- A good triple threat out of the pick and roll with the ability to shoot, drive, or pass.
- Excellent ball handler who uses changes speeds very well.
- Will need to bulk up in order to guard stronger NBA wings.
- Only averaged 3.5 RPG last season, and will need to work on crashing the glass.
- Played a lot of isolation ball in Europe. Can he adjust his mindset to a new role in the NBA?
- Needs to slow down and think through decisions. Very reckless at times.
Dzanan Musa might be the second best European basketball player in this year’s draft class behind Luka Doncic. Musa, a 19-year-old 6’9” 195 lb small forward out of Bosnia, played his 2017-18 season for a club team in the Croatian League called KK Cedevita. There he averaged 12.4 PPG, 3.5 RPG, and shot 31.3% from 3. Musa is a very talented offensive player who’s shown off good range and the ability to knock down shots from anywhere on the court. He also has the ability to drive into the paint, especially out of a pick and roll, and finish with either hand around the rim or show. He’s also demonstrated nice touch on a floater when attacking the basket. His impressive ball handling skills helped him create space for his shot off the dribble as he’s shown a great understanding of mixing speeds to keep his defender on their toes. While he’s shown nice offensive potential, his defense could stand to use some work. Guarding on the ball, he’ll need to add to his 195 lb frame if he wants to compete with some of the bigger and stronger NBA wings, and he’ll need to work on his lateral quickness as he has a hard time switching and staying with quicker guards. Off the ball, he’ll need to improve his focus and engagement as he’s shown times where he gets lost on help-side defense. In the rebounding aspect of his game, he only generated 3.5 RPG in 71 games played so he’ll need to work on his rebounding skills and crashing the defensive and offensive glass. Finally, going from Europe to the NBA is never an easy transition as many people struggle or can’t do it at all thanks to different styles and methodologies. In Musa’s case, he played in a lot of isolation situations, which will not be the case in the NBA as he won’t be the primary option on whatever team chooses him. He also had quite a bit of freedom on club KK Cedevita and made a lot of careless playmaking decisions in his passing and shooting. One aspect of playing in Europe that will help him is the fact that he played a total of 71 games last season, an advantage over a college player who only played around 30-35 games in a season. Overall, Musa has shown a good offensive toolset at the young age of 19, but he’ll need to improve his defense and get adjusted to a different role and playing style in the NBA. Look for Musa to be selected anywhere from the late first round to the early second round.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ripple effect of Durant injury, Game 5 thoughts and 6 players for the Utah Jazz in the draft
The NBA will be changed for at least a decade based on what happened last night in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. David Locke, takes a look the impact of the Kevin Durant injury and how it will ripple across the NBA landscape and change the way things are done. In addition, Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, looks at the incredible Game 5, Kawhi’s stretch and where the series stands.
Then Locke looks at 6 players that will be in the Jazz range and how they may or may not fit into what the Jazz are doing. Plus, Locke shares 4 trades he is working on in the mock draft
LOCKED ON JAZZ – If no Ricky Rubio then what? If Donovan Mitchell then what? Draftee breakdowns on Admiral Schofield and Keldon Johnson
What happens if the Jazz move past Ricky Rubio what are the other options at point guard? If the Jazz go to Donovan Mitchell at point guard is there a certain style the Jazz need to play or lineups that have worked or not worked over the past season? David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, takes a look at all those numbers and find some interesting things about what works with Donovan Mitchell and the value of Ricky Rubio.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ricky Rubio’s comments, another Point Guard option, Warriors win, Draft Expectations
The Golden State Warriors reminded everyone what a champion really consists of. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at the Warriors win. Then Locke delves into the RIcky Rubio comments and explains how Goran Dragic has a decision to make that impacts a lot of aspect of the free agency market. Plus, what is realistic to expect from a the Jazz first round draft pick.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Locke wraps with Thurl Bailey and kicks it off with Tony Jones December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Clarkson and O’Neale on Quin, togetherness and accountability. Thurl Bailey on Favors and Conley December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Bojan on Rehab, Rudy on improvement, Craig Bolerjack and Thurl Bailey stop by December 2, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Lindsey and Zanik on Favors, Azubuike, roster building, continuity, health and performance team December 1, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?