Height w/ Shoes: 6’5.5”
Height w/o Shoes: 6’4.5”
Standing Reach: 8’3.5”
Max Vertical: 33.0”
College Statistics (2017/2018)
2-PT FG%: 46.2%
3-PT FG%: 43.4%
Comparisons: George Hill, Caris LeVert, Delon Wright
3 Things to Know
- Very versatile player
- Smooth on offense with good range
- Will need to improve defensive toughness and awareness
- Good range in spot-up situations
- Physique and measurements allow him to play multiple positions (1,2, or 3)
- An excellent threat out of the pick and roll. His effective floater allows him to be a threat from a distance as well as at the rim
- Long arms and wingspan give him great defensive potential in:
- The ability to guard multiple positions
- Disruptive in off the ball and help situations
- Lacks a second gear or the quickness to create separation with the ball
- Needs to improve his offensive game with the ball. He’s a much better threat off the ball in spot-ups as opposed to off the dribble
- Needs to improve his defensive awareness in help situations off the ball
- Improving his physicality on the defense
Shake Milton is an interesting guard prospect from Owasso, Oklahoma. A 4 star recruit and ranked 79th in the country on ESPN’s top 100 high school prospects, Shake chose to play his college ball at Southern Methodist University over the past 3 seasons. Milton has seen dramatic improvement during his time at SMU raising his PPG from 10.5 his freshman year to 18.0 his junior year, and a 12% rise in his free throw percentage moving from 72% to 84% his junior year. Shake turned into SMU’s primary scoring option last year where he flashed good range, which allowed him to be a huge weapon out of pick and roll situations. His range allowed him to be a pop threat from a distance while he also showcased a good floater and the ability to attack the rim out of the pick and roll. His physical gifts and measurements give him a lot of offensive versatility as he has the potential to play either the 1, 2, or 3. However, while Shake proved a lot on the offensive end this year, he still has some question marks around his ability to create with the ball. He lacks the quickness to create separation and space with the ball and has proved that he’s much better in spot-up situations than creating off the dribble. On the defensive end, Shake has great defensive potential thanks to his tools and measurements that allow him to guard multiple positions and be disruptive in help situations thanks to his wingspan. Yet there are times when he gets caught ball watching and will need to improve his focus and awareness in help situations. He’ll also benefit from adding some weight in order to help him stand his ground and improve his physicality on defense in order to hold his ground against some of the stronger and more aggressive guards and wings.
Look for Milton to be selected anywhere from the late first round to the middle of the second round.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ripple effect of Durant injury, Game 5 thoughts and 6 players for the Utah Jazz in the draft
The NBA will be changed for at least a decade based on what happened last night in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. David Locke, takes a look the impact of the Kevin Durant injury and how it will ripple across the NBA landscape and change the way things are done. In addition, Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, looks at the incredible Game 5, Kawhi’s stretch and where the series stands.
Then Locke looks at 6 players that will be in the Jazz range and how they may or may not fit into what the Jazz are doing. Plus, Locke shares 4 trades he is working on in the mock draft
LOCKED ON JAZZ – If no Ricky Rubio then what? If Donovan Mitchell then what? Draftee breakdowns on Admiral Schofield and Keldon Johnson
What happens if the Jazz move past Ricky Rubio what are the other options at point guard? If the Jazz go to Donovan Mitchell at point guard is there a certain style the Jazz need to play or lineups that have worked or not worked over the past season? David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, takes a look at all those numbers and find some interesting things about what works with Donovan Mitchell and the value of Ricky Rubio.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ricky Rubio’s comments, another Point Guard option, Warriors win, Draft Expectations
The Golden State Warriors reminded everyone what a champion really consists of. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at the Warriors win. Then Locke delves into the RIcky Rubio comments and explains how Goran Dragic has a decision to make that impacts a lot of aspect of the free agency market. Plus, what is realistic to expect from a the Jazz first round draft pick.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades November 20, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes? November 19, 2020
Utah Jazz4 days ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz6 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Trade season has started why it will be hard for Jazz to make deals, Desmond Bane has a comp it is a former Utah Jazz player