Summary: Utah Jazz seriously outman Maccabi Haifa and roll to a blow out win 117-78
- On night one I felt the Sydney Kings gave the Jazz enough of a battle to be able to let the Jazz see things and execute their systems. I am not sure the same can be said tonight. This was really one-sided.
- Jazz moved the ball and shot it very well. The Jazz hit on 14 of 28 from three. The Jazz got 3 threes from Alec Burks and Royce O’Neale.
- The Jazz played without Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson due to rest and Donovan Mitchell and Raul Neto due to soreness. The Jazz started Ricky Rubio, Thabo Sefolosha, Joe Ingles, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert.
- To start the game the crew had a hard time scoring and getting the offense rolling. Finally, they broke through midway through the 1st quarter and it was smooth sailing from there.
- Alec Burks continued his very strong pre-season. He hit some threes early and then drove to the rim with more control than he had in the past. He has always been a great rebounding guard and he had 8 tonight to go with his 16 points. Both of those lead the team. I am not sure where Alec Burks gets minutes with Dante Exum and Donovan Mitchell both in the guard rotation, but he is making a strong claim for playing time. More importantly, he looks healthy and is playing under control with a nice level of maturity.
- The Jazz seem to have 16 guys battling for 15 roster spots. Royce O’Neale and Joel Bolomboy are two of those battling for roster spots and both had terrific games tonight. It is really cool when you see guys playing for their career and they both play as well as O’Neale and Bolomboy did tonight. O’Neale is a really solid player who does a lot of things really well. He is a good defender, solid passer, nice rebounder and was a stat stuffer in Europe. Tonight he showed a jump shot hitting 3 of 3 from three. I have had scouts tell me if he hits his threes he will be a rotation player in the NBA. Bolomboy has really changed his game from his Weber State days. He showed a handle, he hit on 2 of 3 point attempts and he still has ridiculous hops.
- Dante Exum burst was dominant for a period of the third quarter. He was blowing by guys with regularity. I am excited to see Dante against NBA talent and excited to see him as the NBA season goes on. It will also be interesting to watch him as teams get tired while his speed never sleeps.
- Ricky Rubio had 6 turnovers. However, he is really committed to pushing the pace and getting this team to understand if they run he will find them.
- Every Jazz player who played scored.
- Phoenix on Friday hopefully the Utah Jazz will learn more.
Don’t miss an episode of Locked on Jazz! Subscribe on iTunes