EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: Utah Jazz get back on winning track against young and inferior Sacramento Kings
- Donovan Mitchell wowed another crowd tonight. In the first half, he had 11 points some of which made the crowd go ohhh then the third quarter came and he completely took over the game. He added another 11 in the third quarter and then 12 in the 4th quarter for a 34 point outburst.
- He did it without the three point shot. Mitchell hit just one three all night, a banker. He scored only 7 of his 34 points outside of the paint.
- This was Mitchell’s 5th 30 point game of the season. In the last 30 years, the only players who have 5 30 point games in their teams first 44 games during their rookie season were David Robinson, Shaq O’Neal, Blake Griffin, LeBron James and Allen Iverson. All of these guys were #1 picks. All of them are going to the Hall of Fame. This is incredible company.
- Donovan continues to improve in areas where he has struggled. He struggled early in the season finishing at the rim. Since then he has mastered that to a rate of 66% around the rim. Now he has added a paint non restricted area shot as teams have cut him off from the rim. These are tough looks, the lowest percentage in the NBA. However after shooting poorly on those he has now added a floater and is scoring at a high rate on those shots.
- Donovan shot 13 of 15 on 2 point shots
- Sacramento is not a good team and Garrett Temple didn’t play who is their best on-ball defender so Donovan was feasting on a rather porous defense.
- The Jazz hit the three point shot again tonight. Prior to tonight over the last 13 games, the Jazz were hitting just 30% of their three point shots, last in the NBA. Tonight the Jazz were 12 of 29 from three for 41%.
- Rodney Hood had a nice offensive night with 25 points on 9 of 16 shooting and hit on 4 of 9 from three. Rodney also had 8 rebounds.
- Joe Ingles found his stroke going 4 of 7 from three after struggling to start the night.
- The Jazz three point defense continues to struggle as the Kings hit on 13 of 21 from three and Bogdan Bogdanovic was the main culprit going 6 for 6 from three. Bogdanovic had 25 while Willie Cauley Stein had 26.
- Royce O’Neale was +13 for another great +/- night
- Jazz took a 23-21 lead at the end of the 1st quarter when Rodney Hood hit a buzzer beater. Then they stretched the lead with 29-21 second quarter and eventually got the lead to 20 points in the third quarter before cruising to the win.
- Jazz were the superior team tonight and took care of a win they had to get against a Kings team that will make a strong push for worst record in the NBA.
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5
Despite the Clippers losing Kawhi for the series, the Jazz cant keep up their hot start and lose game 5 to go down in the series 2-3.
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
- POSTCAST – Kawhi-less Los Angeles Clippers still have the answers and beat the Utah Jazz to take 3 to 2 lead in series June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups