SUMMARY: A logicless win for the Utah Jazz who — without Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors — beat the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Celtics.
• This was an incredible win in the most unaccepted manner. The Jazz entered the night on a four-game losing streak with no confidence and were losing their identity. Then, 1:50 into the game Rudy Gobert went down with a knee injury and then Derrick Favors took an elbow to the head and was done for the night.
• The Jazz were up by 7 points at the half and it seemed improbable that without Gobert and Favors, the Jazz could withstand 24 more minutes. Instead, they stretched the lead to 10 and then took it to as much as 17. The Celtics had won 7 of the 11 times this year when trailed by 12 but tonight they never got it inside 7.
• Donovan Mitchell was having a bad shooting night and then hit two mammoth 3s in the 4th quarter to hold off the Celtics’ surge. The Celtics cut the game to 7 and Alec Burks made a driving layup then withit a 9-point game and 6:01 left Mitchell pull for an off the bounce 3 in the face of the defender with 5:31 and on the next possession, he did the same and put the Jazz up by 15 and the night.
• Ricky Rubio was terrific. He was active defensively and was aggressive going to the basket offensively. In the Chicago the coaching staff was upset with Rubio for not taking a layup when it was available and tonight he took three layups and made a ton of plays.vHe hit on 10 of first 11 shots.
• His first shot of the night he bypassed a top of the circle 3, which he has been missing. Instead, he stepped into a 16-footer which he makes a good rate and he made it. Rubio is such a confidence player that making the first shot is vital to his game.
• Epke Udoh was terrific defensively. He covers a lot of ground. He is long defensively. He impacted shots at the rim and he cuts off drives and slides into passing lanes. After not playing for an extended period of time, he played an incredible 28 minutes. When he said he is one of the best defensive players in the world, he wasn’t kidding.
• Joe Ingles played 37 minutes. He is now averaging over 30 minutes a night.
• Donovan Mitchell had a career high 9 assists. Joe Ingles had 8 rebounds.
• First Jazz win in Boston since they beat the 2008 World Championship team.
• Gordon Hayward has still never won a game in Boston that the Jazz were involved in.
•The Jazz hit on 13 of their 25 3-point attempts.
• The Jazz trapped Kyrie at times and it got the ball out of his hands and the Celtics were unable to make the shots to take advantage of the rotations.
• The Celtics defense has not been good recently and the Jazz were able to score in the second half of this game at a very high rate.
• The Jazz held the Celtics to 4 of 21 shooting in the second quarter.
• Jonas Jerebko played a strong game in his return to Boston. He had to play some minutes at the center tonight with the Jazz.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022