SUMMARY: A logicless win for the Utah Jazz who — without Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors — beat the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Celtics.
• This was an incredible win in the most unaccepted manner. The Jazz entered the night on a four-game losing streak with no confidence and were losing their identity. Then, 1:50 into the game Rudy Gobert went down with a knee injury and then Derrick Favors took an elbow to the head and was done for the night.
• The Jazz were up by 7 points at the half and it seemed improbable that without Gobert and Favors, the Jazz could withstand 24 more minutes. Instead, they stretched the lead to 10 and then took it to as much as 17. The Celtics had won 7 of the 11 times this year when trailed by 12 but tonight they never got it inside 7.
• Donovan Mitchell was having a bad shooting night and then hit two mammoth 3s in the 4th quarter to hold off the Celtics’ surge. The Celtics cut the game to 7 and Alec Burks made a driving layup then withit a 9-point game and 6:01 left Mitchell pull for an off the bounce 3 in the face of the defender with 5:31 and on the next possession, he did the same and put the Jazz up by 15 and the night.
• Ricky Rubio was terrific. He was active defensively and was aggressive going to the basket offensively. In the Chicago the coaching staff was upset with Rubio for not taking a layup when it was available and tonight he took three layups and made a ton of plays.vHe hit on 10 of first 11 shots.
• His first shot of the night he bypassed a top of the circle 3, which he has been missing. Instead, he stepped into a 16-footer which he makes a good rate and he made it. Rubio is such a confidence player that making the first shot is vital to his game.
• Epke Udoh was terrific defensively. He covers a lot of ground. He is long defensively. He impacted shots at the rim and he cuts off drives and slides into passing lanes. After not playing for an extended period of time, he played an incredible 28 minutes. When he said he is one of the best defensive players in the world, he wasn’t kidding.
• Joe Ingles played 37 minutes. He is now averaging over 30 minutes a night.
• Donovan Mitchell had a career high 9 assists. Joe Ingles had 8 rebounds.
• First Jazz win in Boston since they beat the 2008 World Championship team.
• Gordon Hayward has still never won a game in Boston that the Jazz were involved in.
•The Jazz hit on 13 of their 25 3-point attempts.
• The Jazz trapped Kyrie at times and it got the ball out of his hands and the Celtics were unable to make the shots to take advantage of the rotations.
• The Celtics defense has not been good recently and the Jazz were able to score in the second half of this game at a very high rate.
• The Jazz held the Celtics to 4 of 21 shooting in the second quarter.
• Jonas Jerebko played a strong game in his return to Boston. He had to play some minutes at the center tonight with the Jazz.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Donovan Mitchell has signed his rookie extension with the Utah Jazz and is in the fold for the next 5 years. Derrick Favors returns to fix the problems of last year and Jordan Clarkson leads the bench unit again. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, takes a look at where this puts the Jazz today and why getting Favors signed and Clarkson to return was so vital to the Jazz
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz5 days ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz6 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Trade season has started why it will be hard for Jazz to make deals, Desmond Bane has a comp it is a former Utah Jazz player