SUMMARY: A shorthanded Utah Jazz team gets on the wrong side of Brooklyn Net’s first quarter run and never recovers, losing 118-107.
- The Brooklyn Nets went on a 14-0 run late in the first quarter to take a double-digit lead. Other than a single possession to open the fourth quarter, the Jazz never got the game inside of 10 points.
- Utah entered the game last in the league in defending the 3-point line and the issue continued tonight. The Nets hit 17 3-point shots on 37 attempts. In the past, the Jazz have also been one of the best in the league at denying the 3-point shot.
- Playing with half of the regular rotation on the shelf with injuries, the Jazz seemed to lack their usual defensive communication. The breakdowns were strange considering the elite level defensive play we have seen from this team for the last few years. Players sagged in on opposite side drives where they would have no impact on the play only to lead to a wide open 3-pointer. They had plays where one player was switching and the other wasn’t, leaving players wide open.
- Coach Igor said at the half: “We didn’t make them feel us.”
- With Ricky Rubio and Thabo Sefolosha added to the injury list — which already included Dante Exum, Joe Johnson and Rudy Gobert — the Jazz played combinations that had not played together before this season.
- The Jazz started the second half with Donovan Mitchell, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Joe Ingles and Derrick Favors.
- Joe Ingles went 5 for 5 from 3 tonight for 15 points.
- Donovan Mitchell started at point guard. This changes his game from free flowing into a complex, decision making game. Over the long run, it is probably good for him to experience this and learn how to play the point guard. He will likely play with the ball in his hands for much of his career.
- Raul Neto had a career high 22 points tonight on 9 of 14 shooting.
- The Jazz had some really ill-timed turnovers while they were making runs at the Nets. On one occasion, Utah had a chance to cut it to 11 on a fast break and turned it over and the Nets hit a 3 on the other side to make it a 16-point game.
- Congrats to Nate Wolters for getting back on an NBA floor for the first time in two years and to Tony Bradley for his first career NBA points.
- This was the most winnable game on this road trip. The course of this season may be considering how brutal the December schedule is going to be for the Jazz.
- It is 12:10 pm, we are yet to take off, we have a 2:45 minute flight to Orlando and a 30-minute drive from the airport to the hotel. At best, we will walk in the hotel in Orlando at 3:30 am. Tomorrow or tonight could be tough.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades