SUMMARY: The Jazz rolled to a 23 point lead and look for a comfortable win but looks were deceiving and the Wolves rallied back before the Jazz held on for their 8th win in 9 games
- The Jazz won their 8th in 9 games and most of the night will be remember for the tight finish and blowing the 23 point lead they had in the 3rd
- At the same time the Jazz made a tremendous amount of big plays even in the midst of the Minnesota run that allowed them to win the game. The biggest was the final defensive stop when Rudy Gobert went out to the three point line to alter the shot of Anthony Toliver after the Minnesota play broke down.
- Minnesota had four chances to tie or take the lead at the end and were never able to convert
- Some of the other big plays by the Jazz included a Rudy Gobert follow dunk after Donovan Mitchell made an amazing play to grab an offensive rebound. Gobert had a great defensive stop late in the game when Andrew Wiggins tried to go 1 on 1 off the pick and roll.
- Andrew Wiggins finished 8 of 25 and 7 of 22 from the 2 point range
- Donovan Mitchell had his first ever double double with 23 points, a career high 11 assists and 6 rebounds. Donovan shot didn’t fall in the 2nd half as he was just 2 for 14 from the field. In the third quarter run he made two amazing passes on a fastball from the right high quadrant to the left corner for a three for Georges Niang and then another amazing pass to Kyle Korver for a big three that was another of those big plays that kept the game in the win colulm.
- Rudy Gobert in 36 minutes tonight was +15. He had 18 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 4 blocks. His impact is amazing
- Karl Anthony Towns committed two really obvious fouls in the opening moments of the game and almost immediately got his 3rd when he returned on a really heady play from Ricky Rubio who on a loose ball immediately attacked on off balance Towns to draw his 3rd
- Town ignited in the 2nd half and scored 29 points to bring the Wolves back from 23 points down to tie the game.
- Kyle Korver with 4 threes in a games when Korver has 3 three pointers the Jazz have not lost.
- The third quarter by the Jazz 38 to 24 was the really game changer. The end will be most remembered but the game was over in the third when the Jazz got up by 23 and it meant that the Wolves ran out of gas in the end.
- Jazz shot distribution was a vital part of the win. 40 threes and 28 shots at the rim. 68 of 94 shots 72% which is a bit low. The Wolves however were 26 threes and 28 shots at the rim 54 of 90 shots only 60%. This matters in a close game. Part of the Jazz defensive brilliance is forcing the correct shots.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups