SUMMARY: The Jazz rolled to a 23 point lead and look for a comfortable win but looks were deceiving and the Wolves rallied back before the Jazz held on for their 8th win in 9 games
- The Jazz won their 8th in 9 games and most of the night will be remember for the tight finish and blowing the 23 point lead they had in the 3rd
- At the same time the Jazz made a tremendous amount of big plays even in the midst of the Minnesota run that allowed them to win the game. The biggest was the final defensive stop when Rudy Gobert went out to the three point line to alter the shot of Anthony Toliver after the Minnesota play broke down.
- Minnesota had four chances to tie or take the lead at the end and were never able to convert
- Some of the other big plays by the Jazz included a Rudy Gobert follow dunk after Donovan Mitchell made an amazing play to grab an offensive rebound. Gobert had a great defensive stop late in the game when Andrew Wiggins tried to go 1 on 1 off the pick and roll.
- Andrew Wiggins finished 8 of 25 and 7 of 22 from the 2 point range
- Donovan Mitchell had his first ever double double with 23 points, a career high 11 assists and 6 rebounds. Donovan shot didn’t fall in the 2nd half as he was just 2 for 14 from the field. In the third quarter run he made two amazing passes on a fastball from the right high quadrant to the left corner for a three for Georges Niang and then another amazing pass to Kyle Korver for a big three that was another of those big plays that kept the game in the win colulm.
- Rudy Gobert in 36 minutes tonight was +15. He had 18 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 4 blocks. His impact is amazing
- Karl Anthony Towns committed two really obvious fouls in the opening moments of the game and almost immediately got his 3rd when he returned on a really heady play from Ricky Rubio who on a loose ball immediately attacked on off balance Towns to draw his 3rd
- Town ignited in the 2nd half and scored 29 points to bring the Wolves back from 23 points down to tie the game.
- Kyle Korver with 4 threes in a games when Korver has 3 three pointers the Jazz have not lost.
- The third quarter by the Jazz 38 to 24 was the really game changer. The end will be most remembered but the game was over in the third when the Jazz got up by 23 and it meant that the Wolves ran out of gas in the end.
- Jazz shot distribution was a vital part of the win. 40 threes and 28 shots at the rim. 68 of 94 shots 72% which is a bit low. The Wolves however were 26 threes and 28 shots at the rim 54 of 90 shots only 60%. This matters in a close game. Part of the Jazz defensive brilliance is forcing the correct shots.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades