SUMMARY: A solid win for the Utah Jazz holding off a hot shooting third quarter to put on their own display of shooting in the 4th.
• This a win that a good team gets. Minnesota is short handed, missing three point guards. You have to be good enough to take advantage of that weakness. It is hard to beat a team twice in 48 and because they know where you are coming from and how you are attacking from them. However, Minnesota had a weakness significant enough that the Jazz were able to continue to exploit them.
• The Jazz are 9-7 on the road against Western Conference team. Only the Warriors are better at 9-6 and they are the only other team over .500.
• The key stretch of the night was in the 3rd quarter when the Timberwolves went nuts from three. The Wolves hit their final 2 threes of the 2nd quarter and then proceeded to hit 7 of 8 to start the third quarter. That the Jazz were able to stay in the game in this stretch was the key to the night.
• It was largely Donovan answering their threes with twos to keep the game close. Ricky Rubio made a bunch of plays in the third quarter as well.
• Minnesota lead 2 to 1 and didn’t lead again until 79 to 78 with 3:10 left in the 3rd quarter. The Jazz re-gained the lead after each of the three time Minnesota lead until they broke away at 86-83 and never trailed again.
• The Jazz went shooting nuts in the 4th quarter themselves. It was 90-85 to start the quarter. The Jazz opened 3 of 4 from three to start the quarter and it was 99-90 with 9:00 left in the 4th and the game was virtually over.
• Jazz had great balance tonight. 7 players were in double figures. The ball moved really well. Donovan knew where to get his shots in the 2nd half and when to attack and when to take the mid range shots.
• For all the talk of rim and threes and no mid range. That is not really fair. It is the correct mid range shots. The Jazz shot an amazing 85% of their shots at the rim or as a three. More importantly of the 14 mid range shots 10 of them were taken by Donovan. Donovan can use the mid-range to open up driving lanes for himself and for threes for his teammates. The mid range shots that have no chance to develop any other offense are to be avoided. In addition, Donovan is the only player shooting above 40% on long twos on the roster. Donovan taking mid range is not a bad shot since it opens other things. Moreover, it is really not a bad shot if he takes 10 free throws like he did tonight.
• Jazz have a nice rotation going to that starts with the starting line-up then runs with Donovan and Rudy before turning into Favors and Ingles. The Jazz are playing Rudy and Donovan 30 minutes together a night and it is wildly successful.
• Jazz offense won this game. Great ball movement. Super shot selection. 16 corner 3s. Consistent effort on the road. Solid win tonight that a good team wins.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022