SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz come from 15 down at the half to beat the Brooklyn Nets in the final moments
- This a win that a really good team wins. On the back end of a back to back against a team that got blasted the last time out. The Jazz fell behind by 15 after playing a poor first half. The Jazz offense was disjointed to the point of only 6 first half assists. The defense was not getting back in transition well enough to have an impact. However, when the 2nd half came the Jazz battled back the way an NBA often plays out. Then with the game in the balance all of their excellence showed.
- The Jazz defense forced the Nets into misses on 9 of their final 10 shots with the only make being a tip in from DeAndre Jordan. Kyrie Irving missed his final 8 shots of the night as Rudy Gobert prowled the middle and denied the leagues most prolific one on one player the ability to get to the rim.
- The final possessions by the Jazz showed all the skills this team possesses. Donovan hit a runner in the paint to tie the game at 112. Mike Conley bulleted an amazing pass to Rudy Gobert high above a crowded paint and Rudy made an amazing catch and finish at the rim to give the Jazz a 114-112 lead. Then Donovan missed a 5 footer and it was Rudy Gobert with an offensive rebound and put back that regained the lead at 116-114.
- Brooklyn shot 9 of 26 in the 4th Whereas the Jazz went 13 of 24 from the field, hit on 3 of 7 from three and 6 of 7 from the line.
- The Jazz bench had a tough first half going 1 for 10 from the field but they carried the day in the 2nd Emmanuel Mudiay went 4 for 4 in the 4th quarter with 2 assists and 10 points. Jeff Green hit three three pointers in the 4th quarter and brought the Jazz back into the game.
- Jeff Green is a streak shooter and when it is on it is awesome
- Joe Ingles shot has gone wayward and he was 0 for the night but he had the assignment on Kyrie Irving defensively on the final possesions and did an amazing job with his length to bother Kyrie and make him uncomfortable
- In the first half the Jazz were mid range dependent but they were playing with their eyes glued to the rim not with their eyes out. In the third and fourth quarter they were driving to the same spots and then making passes to the open man and getting better looks. The take what the defense gives you is not the right approach. You need to be able to force your will on the defense
- Donovan had 30 points without making a three point shot
- Rudy Gobert had 18 points and 15 rebounds
- Mike Conley playng on a back to back didn’t quite have his legs and had 18 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists while making a ton of plays late in the game
- Royce O’Neale defense on Kyrie Irving all night tired him out so he wasn’t as effective late.
- This is an impressive win. This team has won 4 straight and 8 of 11 and are showing signs of who we hoped they would be and the offense still isn’t right.
Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show
If you missed tonight action, I’ll get you caught up in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz struggled in the 1st half, but found their groove in the 2nd, as Donovan Mitchell dropped 25 second half points to lead Utah to a 124-109 victory
POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic
David Locke hosts POSTCAST after each Jazz game tonight the Jazz beat the Magic with thrid quarter surge and Donovan Mitchell commanding 2nd half play.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic
Time now for the Quin Snyder Coaches Show! Prior to tip-off, tune-in as Locke sits down with Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder to discuss slow first quarter starts vs dominant third quarter adjustments, and the matchup between Gobert and Vucevic.
- Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show February 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic February 27, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic February 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Utah Jazz are amazing, Hot Topic Debates MVP and Title Contender