SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz come from 15 down at the half to beat the Brooklyn Nets in the final moments
- This a win that a really good team wins. On the back end of a back to back against a team that got blasted the last time out. The Jazz fell behind by 15 after playing a poor first half. The Jazz offense was disjointed to the point of only 6 first half assists. The defense was not getting back in transition well enough to have an impact. However, when the 2nd half came the Jazz battled back the way an NBA often plays out. Then with the game in the balance all of their excellence showed.
- The Jazz defense forced the Nets into misses on 9 of their final 10 shots with the only make being a tip in from DeAndre Jordan. Kyrie Irving missed his final 8 shots of the night as Rudy Gobert prowled the middle and denied the leagues most prolific one on one player the ability to get to the rim.
- The final possessions by the Jazz showed all the skills this team possesses. Donovan hit a runner in the paint to tie the game at 112. Mike Conley bulleted an amazing pass to Rudy Gobert high above a crowded paint and Rudy made an amazing catch and finish at the rim to give the Jazz a 114-112 lead. Then Donovan missed a 5 footer and it was Rudy Gobert with an offensive rebound and put back that regained the lead at 116-114.
- Brooklyn shot 9 of 26 in the 4th Whereas the Jazz went 13 of 24 from the field, hit on 3 of 7 from three and 6 of 7 from the line.
- The Jazz bench had a tough first half going 1 for 10 from the field but they carried the day in the 2nd Emmanuel Mudiay went 4 for 4 in the 4th quarter with 2 assists and 10 points. Jeff Green hit three three pointers in the 4th quarter and brought the Jazz back into the game.
- Jeff Green is a streak shooter and when it is on it is awesome
- Joe Ingles shot has gone wayward and he was 0 for the night but he had the assignment on Kyrie Irving defensively on the final possesions and did an amazing job with his length to bother Kyrie and make him uncomfortable
- In the first half the Jazz were mid range dependent but they were playing with their eyes glued to the rim not with their eyes out. In the third and fourth quarter they were driving to the same spots and then making passes to the open man and getting better looks. The take what the defense gives you is not the right approach. You need to be able to force your will on the defense
- Donovan had 30 points without making a three point shot
- Rudy Gobert had 18 points and 15 rebounds
- Mike Conley playng on a back to back didn’t quite have his legs and had 18 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists while making a ton of plays late in the game
- Royce O’Neale defense on Kyrie Irving all night tired him out so he wasn’t as effective late.
- This is an impressive win. This team has won 4 straight and 8 of 11 and are showing signs of who we hoped they would be and the offense still isn’t right.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC
David Locke chats with Jazz head coach Quin Snyder prior to tip against OKC.
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC May 14, 2021
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition