SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz come from 15 down at the half to beat the Brooklyn Nets in the final moments
- This a win that a really good team wins. On the back end of a back to back against a team that got blasted the last time out. The Jazz fell behind by 15 after playing a poor first half. The Jazz offense was disjointed to the point of only 6 first half assists. The defense was not getting back in transition well enough to have an impact. However, when the 2nd half came the Jazz battled back the way an NBA often plays out. Then with the game in the balance all of their excellence showed.
- The Jazz defense forced the Nets into misses on 9 of their final 10 shots with the only make being a tip in from DeAndre Jordan. Kyrie Irving missed his final 8 shots of the night as Rudy Gobert prowled the middle and denied the leagues most prolific one on one player the ability to get to the rim.
- The final possessions by the Jazz showed all the skills this team possesses. Donovan hit a runner in the paint to tie the game at 112. Mike Conley bulleted an amazing pass to Rudy Gobert high above a crowded paint and Rudy made an amazing catch and finish at the rim to give the Jazz a 114-112 lead. Then Donovan missed a 5 footer and it was Rudy Gobert with an offensive rebound and put back that regained the lead at 116-114.
- Brooklyn shot 9 of 26 in the 4th Whereas the Jazz went 13 of 24 from the field, hit on 3 of 7 from three and 6 of 7 from the line.
- The Jazz bench had a tough first half going 1 for 10 from the field but they carried the day in the 2nd Emmanuel Mudiay went 4 for 4 in the 4th quarter with 2 assists and 10 points. Jeff Green hit three three pointers in the 4th quarter and brought the Jazz back into the game.
- Jeff Green is a streak shooter and when it is on it is awesome
- Joe Ingles shot has gone wayward and he was 0 for the night but he had the assignment on Kyrie Irving defensively on the final possesions and did an amazing job with his length to bother Kyrie and make him uncomfortable
- In the first half the Jazz were mid range dependent but they were playing with their eyes glued to the rim not with their eyes out. In the third and fourth quarter they were driving to the same spots and then making passes to the open man and getting better looks. The take what the defense gives you is not the right approach. You need to be able to force your will on the defense
- Donovan had 30 points without making a three point shot
- Rudy Gobert had 18 points and 15 rebounds
- Mike Conley playng on a back to back didn’t quite have his legs and had 18 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists while making a ton of plays late in the game
- Royce O’Neale defense on Kyrie Irving all night tired him out so he wasn’t as effective late.
- This is an impressive win. This team has won 4 straight and 8 of 11 and are showing signs of who we hoped they would be and the offense still isn’t right.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022