SUMMARY: Jamal Crawford’s 17 4th quarter points carried the Minnesota Wolves to a win in a close game win over the Utah Jazz.
- The most important information after the game is that the Rodney Hood has a calf strain and it will be re-evaluated tomorrow. According to the Tribune, the Achilles has been ruled out as a possibility.
- The Jazz held a 1-point lead and a good chance to win the game when Rudy Gobert had a defensive rebound with :32 seconds left in the game. Gobert seemed to frantically pass the ball toward Joe Ingles, but instead, the ball went out of bounds and the Wolves got another shot. On the inbound pass, Jamal Crawford hit a catch-and-shoot corner-3 over the outstretched arms of Thabo Sefolosha.
- The Jazz had five 4th quarter turnovers, which were crucial in the loss.
- Minnesota went on a 12-0 run at the end of the 3rd quarter that put them in control of the game.
- The Jazz were really impressive defensively. Minnesota — who is loaded with talent — was forced into tough look after tough look. The Jazz defense was long, getting deflections and altering the Wolves’ shots. At the same time, it was an effort for the Jazz to score. This felt like a good example of what the season will be like.
- When Minnesota got rolling, it was hard for the Jazz to come back. It is really hard to stifle a team for 48 minutes.
- The Jazz have played two bad defensive teams according to last year’s numbers and had a tough time scoring. The burden on the defense is significant.
- The Jazz showed nice fight. They trailed 90-80 with 5:33 left and were able to get back in the game and eventually took the lead.
- Derrick Favors scored eight straight points in the 4th quarter and did it with a nice combination of hitting jump shots and getting to the rim.
- All five Jazz starters scored in double figures.
- The Jazz shot the ball well; Their EFG% was well above average for most of the night. They didn’t get to the free throw line much in the first three quarters and had just six free throws in that time. That is a going to make it tough to have good offensive night.
- Joe Ingles hit 4-5 from 3.
- Rodney Hood had a sequence of three straight 3-pointers. They were all set up by great floor work from Ricky Rubio. One was a set play where it was clear Rubio knew he was going to Hood the whole time. The others were great vision and perfect passing.
- Nineteen turnovers is too many.
- Rudy Gobert had 10 points in the first half and then was scoreless in the second half. It will be interesting to see if the Wolves did anything in particular to take Gobert out of the game. Favors starting getting looks in the second half.
- Ekpe Udoh had an amazing stretch of basketball, blocking three shots in one stint. In 15 minutes, he was + 12 again. He was + 23 on the first night.
- I don’t know how long Rodney will be out and have no idea how the Jazz will replace him and Dante at the same time.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups