SUMMARY: The Jazz dismantled an inferior opponent on their way to their 20th win in 22 games. Jazz win 116-88 over Phoenix.
• The story of the night was the return of Dante Exum. Dante check in with 1:00 left in the 1st quarter and played about 5 minutes of each half before getting an extra 4 minutes of garbage time. Quin Snyder said before the game that he wanted Dante to compete. I think Quin Snyder will be pleased. Dante attacked the basket on drives and in the open court. He played with the pace the Jazz had hoped he would bring at the start of the season. He got on top of the rim numerous times. He took one outside shot and it missed. Everything else was at the rim. He missed some shots at the rim I would expect he will make when the game slows down. He took a huge fall when he drove to the basket but got called for an offensive foul.
• Joe Ingles continues his league best three point shooting going 4 for 9 and he is now 2 away from the Jazz all time record for a single season.
• Rudy Gobert has had 20-10 in 4 of the last 5 games and finished tonight with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He made a shot tonight that brought Ron Boone out of his chair as he said it reminded him of a Wilt Chamberlin big dipper shot.
• Ricky Rubio filled the box score again with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists, equaling his season high.
• The Jazz trailed after 1 23-20 and then outscored the Suns 36-20 in the 2nd quarter and cruised to the win as they were never contested.
• Donovan Mitchell had a big 4th quarter and finished with 23 including maybe his best drive of the season when he went up with his right hand switched to his left and wrapped it around the defender for a bucket.
• Jazz defense was dominant again. The defensive rating tonight was an 85. The Jazz have held 5 of their last 6 opponents under 90. This is absurd.
• Another solid night from Jae Crowder who is really helping this team
• Solid night. Nothing spectacular other than a bit of excess pushing and shoving from Jared Dudley and Marquesse Chriss. Quin Snyder was livid after the game about the amount of time Ricky has gotten knocked down this year. Marquesse Chriss was seriously out of line and needs to get control of his anger problem if he is going to have a career in the NBA.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades