EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Dante’s return highlights another defensive blowout
SUMMARY: The Jazz dismantled an inferior opponent on their way to their 20th win in 22 games. Jazz win 116-88 over Phoenix.
• The story of the night was the return of Dante Exum. Dante check in with 1:00 left in the 1st quarter and played about 5 minutes of each half before getting an extra 4 minutes of garbage time. Quin Snyder said before the game that he wanted Dante to compete. I think Quin Snyder will be pleased. Dante attacked the basket on drives and in the open court. He played with the pace the Jazz had hoped he would bring at the start of the season. He got on top of the rim numerous times. He took one outside shot and it missed. Everything else was at the rim. He missed some shots at the rim I would expect he will make when the game slows down. He took a huge fall when he drove to the basket but got called for an offensive foul.
• Joe Ingles continues his league best three point shooting going 4 for 9 and he is now 2 away from the Jazz all time record for a single season.
• Rudy Gobert has had 20-10 in 4 of the last 5 games and finished tonight with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He made a shot tonight that brought Ron Boone out of his chair as he said it reminded him of a Wilt Chamberlin big dipper shot.
• Ricky Rubio filled the box score again with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists, equaling his season high.
• The Jazz trailed after 1 23-20 and then outscored the Suns 36-20 in the 2nd quarter and cruised to the win as they were never contested.
• Donovan Mitchell had a big 4th quarter and finished with 23 including maybe his best drive of the season when he went up with his right hand switched to his left and wrapped it around the defender for a bucket.
• Jazz defense was dominant again. The defensive rating tonight was an 85. The Jazz have held 5 of their last 6 opponents under 90. This is absurd.
• Another solid night from Jae Crowder who is really helping this team
• Solid night. Nothing spectacular other than a bit of excess pushing and shoving from Jared Dudley and Marquesse Chriss. Quin Snyder was livid after the game about the amount of time Ricky has gotten knocked down this year. Marquesse Chriss was seriously out of line and needs to get control of his anger problem if he is going to have a career in the NBA.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022