SUMMARY: The Jazz dismantled an inferior opponent on their way to their 20th win in 22 games. Jazz win 116-88 over Phoenix.
• The story of the night was the return of Dante Exum. Dante check in with 1:00 left in the 1st quarter and played about 5 minutes of each half before getting an extra 4 minutes of garbage time. Quin Snyder said before the game that he wanted Dante to compete. I think Quin Snyder will be pleased. Dante attacked the basket on drives and in the open court. He played with the pace the Jazz had hoped he would bring at the start of the season. He got on top of the rim numerous times. He took one outside shot and it missed. Everything else was at the rim. He missed some shots at the rim I would expect he will make when the game slows down. He took a huge fall when he drove to the basket but got called for an offensive foul.
• Joe Ingles continues his league best three point shooting going 4 for 9 and he is now 2 away from the Jazz all time record for a single season.
• Rudy Gobert has had 20-10 in 4 of the last 5 games and finished tonight with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He made a shot tonight that brought Ron Boone out of his chair as he said it reminded him of a Wilt Chamberlin big dipper shot.
• Ricky Rubio filled the box score again with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists, equaling his season high.
• The Jazz trailed after 1 23-20 and then outscored the Suns 36-20 in the 2nd quarter and cruised to the win as they were never contested.
• Donovan Mitchell had a big 4th quarter and finished with 23 including maybe his best drive of the season when he went up with his right hand switched to his left and wrapped it around the defender for a bucket.
• Jazz defense was dominant again. The defensive rating tonight was an 85. The Jazz have held 5 of their last 6 opponents under 90. This is absurd.
• Another solid night from Jae Crowder who is really helping this team
• Solid night. Nothing spectacular other than a bit of excess pushing and shoving from Jared Dudley and Marquesse Chriss. Quin Snyder was livid after the game about the amount of time Ricky has gotten knocked down this year. Marquesse Chriss was seriously out of line and needs to get control of his anger problem if he is going to have a career in the NBA.
Good script vs. bad script, where did offense go in Los Angeles and two contrasting plays
The Utah Jazz had the perfect script in Denver. The Jazz were rested the Nuggets were on a back to back. The Jazz had had 3 practice days and were coming off a 4 game losing streak whereas the Nuggets had won the last one out by 37 and were feeling good. Then the Jazz went to Los Angeles and the Lakers had lost 3 in a row, had had two spirited film sessions and practices and the Jazz were on a back to back coming off a big win. The good script and the bad script and the games followed suit. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube There is more to it than that and Locke digs in, but in a league were the margin from the really good to the good to the not as good is really thin these things matter.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz lose a close one to the Lakers
The Utah Jazz staggered the Lakers after a 12-2 run, gaining a 10 point lead but the Lakers still managed to win. Relive the game through the radio highlights voiced by Tyler Fountain.
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz offense stumbles in loss to Los Angeles Lakers
The Utah Jazz offense has been the best in the NBA, but tonight in LA they offense came up flat and the Jazz lost to the Los Angeles Lakers.
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Utah Jazz game.
- Good script vs. bad script, where did offense go in Los Angeles and two contrasting plays January 18, 2022
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz lose a close one to the Lakers January 18, 2022
- POSTCAST – Utah Jazz offense stumbles in loss to Los Angeles Lakers January 18, 2022
- POSTCAST – Rudy Gobert returns and the Utah Jazz roll plus a preview of Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers January 16, 2022
- Jazz Game Rewind – Utah Jazz Halt Four Game Losing Streak January 16, 2022
Utah Jazz5 days ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz show an array of skills, Bojan Bogdanovic spreads his wings and who is Danuel House
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic v. Rudy Gobert, The NBA Aging Process and Covid Strikes
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Utah Jazz fall in Detroit – how, why and what