SUMMARY: The Jazz dismantled an inferior opponent on their way to their 20th win in 22 games. Jazz win 116-88 over Phoenix.
• The story of the night was the return of Dante Exum. Dante check in with 1:00 left in the 1st quarter and played about 5 minutes of each half before getting an extra 4 minutes of garbage time. Quin Snyder said before the game that he wanted Dante to compete. I think Quin Snyder will be pleased. Dante attacked the basket on drives and in the open court. He played with the pace the Jazz had hoped he would bring at the start of the season. He got on top of the rim numerous times. He took one outside shot and it missed. Everything else was at the rim. He missed some shots at the rim I would expect he will make when the game slows down. He took a huge fall when he drove to the basket but got called for an offensive foul.
• Joe Ingles continues his league best three point shooting going 4 for 9 and he is now 2 away from the Jazz all time record for a single season.
• Rudy Gobert has had 20-10 in 4 of the last 5 games and finished tonight with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He made a shot tonight that brought Ron Boone out of his chair as he said it reminded him of a Wilt Chamberlin big dipper shot.
• Ricky Rubio filled the box score again with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists, equaling his season high.
• The Jazz trailed after 1 23-20 and then outscored the Suns 36-20 in the 2nd quarter and cruised to the win as they were never contested.
• Donovan Mitchell had a big 4th quarter and finished with 23 including maybe his best drive of the season when he went up with his right hand switched to his left and wrapped it around the defender for a bucket.
• Jazz defense was dominant again. The defensive rating tonight was an 85. The Jazz have held 5 of their last 6 opponents under 90. This is absurd.
• Another solid night from Jae Crowder who is really helping this team
• Solid night. Nothing spectacular other than a bit of excess pushing and shoving from Jared Dudley and Marquesse Chriss. Quin Snyder was livid after the game about the amount of time Ricky has gotten knocked down this year. Marquesse Chriss was seriously out of line and needs to get control of his anger problem if he is going to have a career in the NBA.
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5
Despite the Clippers losing Kawhi for the series, the Jazz cant keep up their hot start and lose game 5 to go down in the series 2-3.
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
- POSTCAST – Kawhi-less Los Angeles Clippers still have the answers and beat the Utah Jazz to take 3 to 2 lead in series June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups