SUMMARY: Jazz put out a 48 minute defensive effort completely shut down the Nets and get star performances from Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell
• The Jazz defense shuts down the Nets in the 4th quarter holding them to an incredible 2 of 17 shooting. The Jazz defensive effort was consistent for most of the 48 minutes
• Spencer Dinwiddlie got going at the end of the 3rd quarter scoring 14 straight Nets points but Royce O’Neale was assigned to Dinwiddie in the 4th quarter and completely shut him down.
• The game was super ugly to start. Bad turnovers, bad shots, a general comedy of errors. The Jazz got 4 dunks from Rudy Gobert in the opening moments and other than that were 0 for 9 with 5 turnovers.
• The night started strangely as Dennis Lindsey called Alec Burks into the coaches office to inform him that he had been traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Kyle Korver. Burks then went into the locker-room to say goodbye to his teammates. Most of the players in the locker-room have never played without Alec. This group respects him immensely for all he has battled through and preserved through to get back to the player he is today. This was quite a surprise for the locker-room and added a strange element to the game.
• The sloppiness held on for a lot of the game. The Jazz had 20 turnovers. I can’t explain how poor the play of this game was in the first half. Shots were missing and weren’t close. Passes were missing and weren’t close. Seemingly, every possession had some sort of a mishap. The score at the half was 43-42.
• Rudy Gobert’s first half was terrific and kept the Jazz in the game. He finished the night with 23 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists plus 4 blocked shots. D’Angelo Russell will be seeing Rudy all night in his sleep. Brooklyn finished 11 of 26 at the rim. One of the leagues worst at the rim shooting nights by any team all season
• Ricky Rubio and the Jazz had a plan on D’Angelo Russell they forced him to his off hand, his right and he was trying all night to force his way back to his right hand but Gobert patrolled the paint and it lead to a brutal shooting night of 6 of 25 and 2 of 11 in the 2nd half.
• Donovan Mitchell got it rolling in the 4th quarter on his way to 14 points. He was 6 of 11 for 14 points in the 4th quarter. Donovan has really been struggling with the short floater game and he knocked those in tonight
• Ricky Rubio became the 11th Utah Jazz player to not have a field goal in at least 9 attempts.
• Jazz played some of the night with Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles playing the 3 or 4. Jae Crowder played just 22 minutes.
• Raul Neto was the one point guard tonight who was able to turn the corner when the Nets were going under every pick and roll and get into the paint to get the blender going and tax the defense of the Nets.
• Royce O’Neale hit 3 of 3 from three tonight.
• Jazz defense rating was an 89 tonight. The offense had another game under 100. The offense is still lacking any shooting. Thus, the Korver addition.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022