SUMMARY: Jazz put out a 48 minute defensive effort completely shut down the Nets and get star performances from Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell
• The Jazz defense shuts down the Nets in the 4th quarter holding them to an incredible 2 of 17 shooting. The Jazz defensive effort was consistent for most of the 48 minutes
• Spencer Dinwiddlie got going at the end of the 3rd quarter scoring 14 straight Nets points but Royce O’Neale was assigned to Dinwiddie in the 4th quarter and completely shut him down.
• The game was super ugly to start. Bad turnovers, bad shots, a general comedy of errors. The Jazz got 4 dunks from Rudy Gobert in the opening moments and other than that were 0 for 9 with 5 turnovers.
• The night started strangely as Dennis Lindsey called Alec Burks into the coaches office to inform him that he had been traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Kyle Korver. Burks then went into the locker-room to say goodbye to his teammates. Most of the players in the locker-room have never played without Alec. This group respects him immensely for all he has battled through and preserved through to get back to the player he is today. This was quite a surprise for the locker-room and added a strange element to the game.
• The sloppiness held on for a lot of the game. The Jazz had 20 turnovers. I can’t explain how poor the play of this game was in the first half. Shots were missing and weren’t close. Passes were missing and weren’t close. Seemingly, every possession had some sort of a mishap. The score at the half was 43-42.
• Rudy Gobert’s first half was terrific and kept the Jazz in the game. He finished the night with 23 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists plus 4 blocked shots. D’Angelo Russell will be seeing Rudy all night in his sleep. Brooklyn finished 11 of 26 at the rim. One of the leagues worst at the rim shooting nights by any team all season
• Ricky Rubio and the Jazz had a plan on D’Angelo Russell they forced him to his off hand, his right and he was trying all night to force his way back to his right hand but Gobert patrolled the paint and it lead to a brutal shooting night of 6 of 25 and 2 of 11 in the 2nd half.
• Donovan Mitchell got it rolling in the 4th quarter on his way to 14 points. He was 6 of 11 for 14 points in the 4th quarter. Donovan has really been struggling with the short floater game and he knocked those in tonight
• Ricky Rubio became the 11th Utah Jazz player to not have a field goal in at least 9 attempts.
• Jazz played some of the night with Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles playing the 3 or 4. Jae Crowder played just 22 minutes.
• Raul Neto was the one point guard tonight who was able to turn the corner when the Nets were going under every pick and roll and get into the paint to get the blender going and tax the defense of the Nets.
• Royce O’Neale hit 3 of 3 from three tonight.
• Jazz defense rating was an 89 tonight. The offense had another game under 100. The offense is still lacking any shooting. Thus, the Korver addition.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades