SUMMARY: Jazz put out a 48 minute defensive effort completely shut down the Nets and get star performances from Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell
• The Jazz defense shuts down the Nets in the 4th quarter holding them to an incredible 2 of 17 shooting. The Jazz defensive effort was consistent for most of the 48 minutes
• Spencer Dinwiddlie got going at the end of the 3rd quarter scoring 14 straight Nets points but Royce O’Neale was assigned to Dinwiddie in the 4th quarter and completely shut him down.
• The game was super ugly to start. Bad turnovers, bad shots, a general comedy of errors. The Jazz got 4 dunks from Rudy Gobert in the opening moments and other than that were 0 for 9 with 5 turnovers.
• The night started strangely as Dennis Lindsey called Alec Burks into the coaches office to inform him that he had been traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Kyle Korver. Burks then went into the locker-room to say goodbye to his teammates. Most of the players in the locker-room have never played without Alec. This group respects him immensely for all he has battled through and preserved through to get back to the player he is today. This was quite a surprise for the locker-room and added a strange element to the game.
• The sloppiness held on for a lot of the game. The Jazz had 20 turnovers. I can’t explain how poor the play of this game was in the first half. Shots were missing and weren’t close. Passes were missing and weren’t close. Seemingly, every possession had some sort of a mishap. The score at the half was 43-42.
• Rudy Gobert’s first half was terrific and kept the Jazz in the game. He finished the night with 23 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists plus 4 blocked shots. D’Angelo Russell will be seeing Rudy all night in his sleep. Brooklyn finished 11 of 26 at the rim. One of the leagues worst at the rim shooting nights by any team all season
• Ricky Rubio and the Jazz had a plan on D’Angelo Russell they forced him to his off hand, his right and he was trying all night to force his way back to his right hand but Gobert patrolled the paint and it lead to a brutal shooting night of 6 of 25 and 2 of 11 in the 2nd half.
• Donovan Mitchell got it rolling in the 4th quarter on his way to 14 points. He was 6 of 11 for 14 points in the 4th quarter. Donovan has really been struggling with the short floater game and he knocked those in tonight
• Ricky Rubio became the 11th Utah Jazz player to not have a field goal in at least 9 attempts.
• Jazz played some of the night with Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles playing the 3 or 4. Jae Crowder played just 22 minutes.
• Raul Neto was the one point guard tonight who was able to turn the corner when the Nets were going under every pick and roll and get into the paint to get the blender going and tax the defense of the Nets.
• Royce O’Neale hit 3 of 3 from three tonight.
• Jazz defense rating was an 89 tonight. The offense had another game under 100. The offense is still lacking any shooting. Thus, the Korver addition.
LOCKED ON JAZZ -Facebook Live – Gobert at super max, what does he need to improve and your questions
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider, David Locke, does a live Facebook show with a lot of questions about Rudy Gobert and the super max as well as free agent options. How does the Mike Conley trade happen?
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jae Crowder deep dive and David James joins for more Utah Jazz off-season
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke takes a look at Jae Crowder and his season with the Jazz. Then David James, of 1280 the zone and 97.5 FM joins the show to talk more about the off season and where the Jazz are headed
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Is it Jae Crowder or a stretch 4? David James joins Locke to talk Utah Jazz off-season
The Utah Jazz numbers with Jae Crowder on the floor are awesome. Jae Crowder has the vigor, heart and gumption to lead the Jazz. Is he the reason for those positive numbers or is it simply the Jazz playing a stretch 4? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the stretch 4 combinations the Jazz have used over the last three years.
Then Locke is joined by morning show host of the Utah Jazz flagship station, 97.5 FM, David James to talk about the Utah Jazz off-season.
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Lindsey/Zanik Promotions, Does CJ mean Kemba would work with Donovan and does Harris stay for that role
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Lottery impact on Mike Conley and Jrue Holliday, the Point Guard Shuffle and Derrick Favors contract details
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Tony Jones joins on Kemba or Tobias plus Kyle Korver season in review
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Live show with questions on free agency, trades and the draft