SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz made just 4 of 33 shot attempts in the second half, yet remarkably stayed in the game until the end.
- It feels as though four made field goals in a half might be close to an NBA record. It is the fewest field goals ever allowed by the Miami Heat in a half. The NBA record for fewest field goals in a game is 18.
- Honestly, I have no idea why we are having such a hard time scoring. Is it bad shooting, lack of spacing or is it building on itself? The spacing is not good. There’s not another team playing two bigs with similar skill sets like Favors and Gobert, so spacing is hard to come by. On the other hand, we don’t have great shooters so at some point it is just an inability to hit shots.
- Quin Snyder tried some interesting things tonight when he used Derrick Favors more in the pick and roll early in the game to get Favors some mid-roll action. If Favors is spacing to the outside and the other team isn’t honoring it, Rudy Gobert is going to have a tough time getting the roll to the rim.
- The Jazz were breaking the paint and moving the ball early and the game had a pace to it. As the night went on, that disappeared. The Jazz want to get into the paint early in a possession and then work off that advantage but they don’t have enough players who are capable of doing that.
- The Jazz wanted Ricky Rubio to keep his dribble alive with the Nash dribble along the baseline to create opportunities around the rim. It had a flash of possibility but it also led to some turnovers.
- Ricky Rubio has to be better. He was 0 for 5 with five turnovers. He is 9 of his last 40 and one of his last nine from 3. More than the shooting issues, I am stunned at how sloppy he has been with the basketball. It felt as though his five turnovers tonight were avoidable without being conservative.
- Rudy Gobert took a hit to the side of his knee and looked really bad, but somehow he was able to come back in the game and play the final portion.
- The Jazz were great defensively. To have this type of offensive futility and stay in a game is hard to fathom. They were up three when Gobert blocked a Whiteside shot but with :04 on the shot clock, Waiters came off a pick and hit a tough corner 3 to tie the game. The Heat then proceed to go on a 10-0 run to blow the game open in the final moments.
- Rodney Hood shot eight free throws tonight. He has taken 18 in two games and he is now 32 of 33 from the line this season.
- Unfortunately, Rodney missed 11 straight shots to end the night.
- Joe Ingles had a nice well rounded box score again with 4 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals.
- The Jazz forced 21 turnovers.
- Alec Burks had his best game of the year with 22 minutes and 4 of 8 shooting. He continued his awesome 3-point shooting this season hitting 2 of 2 and had 12 points.
- Donovan Mitchell hit the first two shots of the night and then went 3 for his next 12.
- The Jazz had no offensive rebounds in the first half and four for the entire game. With the decrease in offensive rebounding around the league, I believe the offensive rebound has added value then it has had in the past and it may be the answer for the Jazz to be a viable offensive team. The Jazz came into the game 23rd in the league in offensive rebounding. It may need to be a focus so the Jazz can get some put backs and pound people inside.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around
The Jazz headed back east to wrap up the first half of the schedule. Here is a recap of the first stop in Miami as they took on the Heat for the second time in as many weeks.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is
David Locke talks with Jazz Head Coach, Quin Snyder, about how teams prepare this season with the unique schedule and when you have a player as dominant as Rudy Gobert.
POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat
The Utah Jazz fell on the first of a 4 game road trip as Jimmy Butler had a 32 point night for the Miami Heat. David Locke hosts POSTCAST with his breakdown of the game and then your comments and thoughts
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz v. the best and Jazz place in NBA history so far plus buyout market questions February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story February 25, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team