EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Energized Memphis outplays Utah Jazz
SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz got out played by the Memphis Grizzlies and lose in Memphis 114-104
• The Jazz lead in this game 9-8 and that was it. Memphis controlled the whole game on both ends of the floor and the Jazz never threatened to take over the game. The Jazz had the game down to 4 at one point late in the 3rd but Memphis went on a run to make it a double digit game early in the 4th.
• Memphis played with a ton of energy and commitment to what they were doing. Defensively, they were locked in on the Jazz ball handlers and ride them in a manner where the Jazz ball handlers couldn’t get the defender into the screen by Gobert or Favors and so no pick and roll action would work
• The Jazz took their first 11 shots from three. In this span the Jazz may have only had the ball in the paint on one occasion.
• The Jazz only took 8 shots at the rim in the first half of the game.
• The Grizzlies were blowing up the picks and then not allowing the roll man to get to the basket freely so as the game went on the Jazz were able to kick out to open three point shooters. In addition, the Jazz changed how they were playing offensively because of their inability to get in a pick and roll game and went with more off ball screens to create the advantage.
• The Memphis defense wasn’t a big surprise they are the #2 defensive since the trade deadline
• The surprise was the Jazz inability to stop Memphis. Memphis is 30th in the league offensively and 29th in the league offensively since the trade deadline. They finished the night with an offensive rating near 120. This is one of the worst defensive performances the Jazz have had. Jonas Valenciunas dominated inside with his post game. Mike Conley and Ivan Rabb had a pick and roll game that riddled the Jazz and in the 4th quarter Mike Conley calmed everything down and took over.
• Mike Conley had 28 points and 11 assists. Jonas had 27 points and 7 rebounds.
• The Jazz Wasatch front that has been so dominant got outdone tonight by Jonas, Joaquim Noah and Ivan Rabb.
• Donovan finished with 38 points. 19 of the 38 were in the 4th quarter
• Kyle Korver played 30 minutes again. It is a bit unnerving that this team needs a 37 year old Kyle Korver for 30 plus minutes a night.
• Jazz were 1 of 10 on mid range shots and 16 of 24 at the rim.
• Memphis has won 3 of 4 with wins over Portland and Utah.
• For the first time in a while it might be worth a peak over our shoulder as Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs aren’t far behind. Not great from a standings point of view to lose the season series to Memphis.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022