SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz got out played by the Memphis Grizzlies and lose in Memphis 114-104
• The Jazz lead in this game 9-8 and that was it. Memphis controlled the whole game on both ends of the floor and the Jazz never threatened to take over the game. The Jazz had the game down to 4 at one point late in the 3rd but Memphis went on a run to make it a double digit game early in the 4th.
• Memphis played with a ton of energy and commitment to what they were doing. Defensively, they were locked in on the Jazz ball handlers and ride them in a manner where the Jazz ball handlers couldn’t get the defender into the screen by Gobert or Favors and so no pick and roll action would work
• The Jazz took their first 11 shots from three. In this span the Jazz may have only had the ball in the paint on one occasion.
• The Jazz only took 8 shots at the rim in the first half of the game.
• The Grizzlies were blowing up the picks and then not allowing the roll man to get to the basket freely so as the game went on the Jazz were able to kick out to open three point shooters. In addition, the Jazz changed how they were playing offensively because of their inability to get in a pick and roll game and went with more off ball screens to create the advantage.
• The Memphis defense wasn’t a big surprise they are the #2 defensive since the trade deadline
• The surprise was the Jazz inability to stop Memphis. Memphis is 30th in the league offensively and 29th in the league offensively since the trade deadline. They finished the night with an offensive rating near 120. This is one of the worst defensive performances the Jazz have had. Jonas Valenciunas dominated inside with his post game. Mike Conley and Ivan Rabb had a pick and roll game that riddled the Jazz and in the 4th quarter Mike Conley calmed everything down and took over.
• Mike Conley had 28 points and 11 assists. Jonas had 27 points and 7 rebounds.
• The Jazz Wasatch front that has been so dominant got outdone tonight by Jonas, Joaquim Noah and Ivan Rabb.
• Donovan finished with 38 points. 19 of the 38 were in the 4th quarter
• Kyle Korver played 30 minutes again. It is a bit unnerving that this team needs a 37 year old Kyle Korver for 30 plus minutes a night.
• Jazz were 1 of 10 on mid range shots and 16 of 24 at the rim.
• Memphis has won 3 of 4 with wins over Portland and Utah.
• For the first time in a while it might be worth a peak over our shoulder as Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs aren’t far behind. Not great from a standings point of view to lose the season series to Memphis.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around
The Jazz headed back east to wrap up the first half of the schedule. Here is a recap of the first stop in Miami as they took on the Heat for the second time in as many weeks.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is
David Locke talks with Jazz Head Coach, Quin Snyder, about how teams prepare this season with the unique schedule and when you have a player as dominant as Rudy Gobert.
POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat
The Utah Jazz fell on the first of a 4 game road trip as Jimmy Butler had a 32 point night for the Miami Heat. David Locke hosts POSTCAST with his breakdown of the game and then your comments and thoughts
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz v. the best and Jazz place in NBA history so far plus buyout market questions February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story February 25, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team