SUMMARY: Another loss at home and another blow out to Indiana Pacers as the Jazz fall 117-89
- The hope coming in was the Jazz could build off last night’s play in Sacramento and get some momentum before heading to the East Coast for games 10,11 and 12 of this swing. Instead, the Jazz dropped their 6th home game and got blown out by the Pacers for the 2nd time this season.
- Obviously, it is fair to say this is a bad match-up for the Jazz. Jazz lost to the Pacers by 27 in Indiana. This is a bad matchup.
- The Jazz fell behind early in the game. Then whenever it felt the Jazz were making inroads the Pacers would make plays on the offensive end and when you looked at the scoreboard the lead was the same as it was at the beginning of the stretch.
- Then the Jazz cracked. That is what has happened in a few of these games. They battle, they fight and then at some point It is too much too overcome and it runs away from them.
- Defensively, the Jazz have not been able to stop the Pacers at all over two games. The Pacers are really good. They are likely a top 3 or 4 team in the Eastern Conference. Yet, offensively they are far better against the Jazz then they have been against most of the league. Almost all of their sets come back to a high pick and roll and the Jazz had a hard time with it, particuallarly when they are making the long 2 point shot.
- The Pacers hit 20 of 40 long 2s tonight. That is a really high rate
- The Jazz finished 13 of 51 outside the rim tonight. They struggled on both 2s outside the rim (5/20) and threes (8/31)
- It is really amazing the Jazz are able to get 40% of their shots at the rim despite teams packing it in as much as the Pacers did tonight.
- Over the last 10 games the Pacers are #1 in the NBA in forcing turnovers and defensive rebounding. They have incredibly active hands and get into you defensively from the start of the game. In both match-ups this seemed to undo the Jazz a bit early in the game. Tonight the Jazz turned the ball over on 5 of their first 11 possessions. In both match-ups on the first play of the game they knocked the Jazz off what they wanted to do and it was as though they gained momenteum immediately.
- From a big picture standpoint, it feels strange that the Jazz are losing by such a large margin this often. It seems strange that so many players are having shooting woes. When all of them are experiencing the same thing I look to see if there is some common thread. The two things that come to mind are that they know each other are struggling so each of them is pressing to get out of the slump. The other would be the schedule. This was not a home game. This was another road game in an absurd stretch of 12 games, where the Jazz play in 11 cities in 4 time zones and begin and end in the Eastern time zone. This is taking a tool.
- The Jazz were without Donovan Mitchell tonight.
- Long way to go. Obviously, 6 home losses and some big losses don’t feel good (go back and look at last year they existed as well)
- The Locker-room tonight sounded frustrated but connected. That is probably the most important. Stay the course. Things are being done correctly. Tighten the screws and see if the group can find a collective rhythm.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022