SUMMARY: A mentally and physically exhausted Jazz team muster what was needed to beat the Dallas Mavericks 125-109
• The Jazz were coming off one of the most emotionally draining and physically exhausting performances of the year losing in 2OT less than 24 hours earlier in Oklahoma City.
• If you are going to win a game when you are empty there is a script that has to be followed and the Jazz followed it perfectly.
• First they started strong and took a 31-25 lead in the first quarter.
• They played from ahead. The Mavericks had a two point lead briefly mid way the 1st quarter but other than the Jazz held a more than two possession lead for almost the entire game
• They tried to win it offensively and when that didn’t work and they only had a 2 point lead at the half they came out put down the screws defensively. They Mavericks went 0 for 10 to open the third quarter and the Jazz took control.
• They didn’t make mistakes. The Jazz had just 7 turnovers tonight and didn’t give the Mavericks any easy baskets.
• They took advantage of the Mavericks weaknesses. The mavericks are last in the league since the trades at denying the three and the Jazz took advantage by taking 38 threes and making 14.
• Early in the game the Jazz couldn’t find the jumper so they attacked the rim and got most of their early points in the lane.
• Donovan Mitchell lead the way in the energy department. That is exactly what he needed to do as the youngest player on the floor. He had 25 points on an efficient 8 of 14 shooting.
• Jae Crowder had 22 points and was vital tonight. He hit the big shots when they were needed and kept the Mavericks at bay numerous times
• Joe Ingles had the 4th quarter daggers and delivered 13 4th quarter points, finishing with 18 points and 6 assists.
• Ricky Rubio had a nice bounceback game. Expecting Rubio to match up against Westbrook, Lillard, Curry, Harden type players is a false promise and unfair expectation. What might be more important is that he dominates against the players like Jalen Brunson, Elie Okobo, Bryn Forbes and the such as he has recently. Tonight he had 25 points, went to the line 10 times and was really strong not committing a turnover the entire night.
• Solid win. Jazz are going to favored almost every night the rest of the way and the will be the story of the season how they do when they are expected to win.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades