EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Follow the script perfectly the Jazz beat the Mavericks
SUMMARY: A mentally and physically exhausted Jazz team muster what was needed to beat the Dallas Mavericks 125-109
• The Jazz were coming off one of the most emotionally draining and physically exhausting performances of the year losing in 2OT less than 24 hours earlier in Oklahoma City.
• If you are going to win a game when you are empty there is a script that has to be followed and the Jazz followed it perfectly.
• First they started strong and took a 31-25 lead in the first quarter.
• They played from ahead. The Mavericks had a two point lead briefly mid way the 1st quarter but other than the Jazz held a more than two possession lead for almost the entire game
• They tried to win it offensively and when that didn’t work and they only had a 2 point lead at the half they came out put down the screws defensively. They Mavericks went 0 for 10 to open the third quarter and the Jazz took control.
• They didn’t make mistakes. The Jazz had just 7 turnovers tonight and didn’t give the Mavericks any easy baskets.
• They took advantage of the Mavericks weaknesses. The mavericks are last in the league since the trades at denying the three and the Jazz took advantage by taking 38 threes and making 14.
• Early in the game the Jazz couldn’t find the jumper so they attacked the rim and got most of their early points in the lane.
• Donovan Mitchell lead the way in the energy department. That is exactly what he needed to do as the youngest player on the floor. He had 25 points on an efficient 8 of 14 shooting.
• Jae Crowder had 22 points and was vital tonight. He hit the big shots when they were needed and kept the Mavericks at bay numerous times
• Joe Ingles had the 4th quarter daggers and delivered 13 4th quarter points, finishing with 18 points and 6 assists.
• Ricky Rubio had a nice bounceback game. Expecting Rubio to match up against Westbrook, Lillard, Curry, Harden type players is a false promise and unfair expectation. What might be more important is that he dominates against the players like Jalen Brunson, Elie Okobo, Bryn Forbes and the such as he has recently. Tonight he had 25 points, went to the line 10 times and was really strong not committing a turnover the entire night.
• Solid win. Jazz are going to favored almost every night the rest of the way and the will be the story of the season how they do when they are expected to win.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022