SUMMARY: After one of the worst stretches of the season the Utah Jazz put together a dominating 2nd half to pull off a remarkable comeback over the Orlando Magic
• It was the ultimate Charles Dickens game
• The Jazz could not have been worse to start the game. Offensively they were having no impact. They were falling into every Orlando trap. They didn’t take a 3 point shot until the 3:54 mark of the first quarter. They trailed 28-7 to start the game. It was awful. Every 50-50 ball went to the Magic and the Jazz couldn’t make a shot
• Then the Jazz got it back to 12 and before you knew it the Magic had taken it back to 21 and a 42-21 lead. The Jazz trailed by 17 at the half.
• Before tonight 234 teams held a 20 point lead at some point in a game. Only 9 of them had lost.
• The second half the Jazz came out with aggression, they started to impact the game and they started to make plays. It happened fast. The run started at the 8:27 mark in the 3rd quarter. The Jazz allowed only one field goal over the final 8:27 it was a prayer banking three as the shot clock expired by DJ Augustin. The Jazz got out and running and finally were able to create offense off the defense. The Jazz have really struggled off opponents misses this season and tonight were able to get it rolling.
• By the time the 3rd quarter was over the run was 25-3 and the Jazz had the lead going into the 4th quarter
• At this point Orlando’s lack of depth started to kick in and a long and winding road trip of 6 games and 3 games in 4 nights showed its effect on the Magic.
• Donovan Mitchell changed the game in the 3rd quarter and by the time Quin took him out he was exhausted. He had left everything on the floor.
• After Donovan checked out in the 3rd and got the ball rolling Raul Neto, who struggled in the first half, was very aggressive and impacted the game. Rudy Gobert’s defense started to have its impact and Kyle Korver hit a huge three.
• Jae Crowder provided the energy to fuel the comeback
• The 4th quarter was Donovan’s. He had 16 points and 2 assists in the 4th quarter. For the 5th time this year Donovan went over 30. Interesting that he only did it 7 times all of last year.
• The line on the game was Jazz by 9.5 I am guessing some people thought they were in pretty good shape.
• Jazz have 3 come from behind wins in the last 4 games. This team likes to win and that is very important
• The Magic offensive rating in the first half was 130 and finished at 97 so the 2nd half had to be a bit under 70. The Jazz defense allowed less than .7 pts per possession in the 2nd half.
• The Magic only took 15 shots at the rim all night making just 6. That is how a game swings when all your shots are low percentage shots.
• The story of the night is the Jazz transition offense off Magic misses. This part of their offense has been 29th in the NBA this year. If they can fix that in the 2nd half of the season all other issues will go away as well.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022