SUMMARY: On an emotional day the Jazz control the 2nd half to dominate the Hawks on their way to their 30th win of the season
- This was quite a day with the Rudy Gobert all-star snub and then the emotional shoot around press event. It took the Jazz a while to get rolling but when they did it was a dominating 2nd half that lead to the win.
- The Hawks play a unique game. They have good offensive players. They play fast. They catch you by surprise a bit and if they are making shots they can get you. They came in having won 10 of their last 20 with wins over the Clippers, 76ers and the Thunder.
- The Jazz adjusted in the 2nd half to who the Hawks are and how they play and outscored the Hawks 70-50.
- A lot of it was the Jazz started making shots. The Jazz were just 6 of 23 in the first half from three but finished the game 6 of 12 in the 2nd The Jazz took a remarkable amount of corner 3s. 18 tonight. 18 corner threes in this game is one of the highest outputs of any team all season.
- The Jazz held the Hawks to just 29% of their shots at the rim and that was a large increase from what it was earlier in the game.
- Joe Ingles started fast with 10 first quarter points and finished the night with 19 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Plus a very sore hip. He has put together numerous solid games in a row for the Jazz.
- Rudy Gobert got in foul trouble in the first quarter and had a non-descript first half. After the break he was terrific. Matching a season high with 25 points and also grabbing 13 rebounds. His efficiency was amazing. Gobert took 7 shots and made all 7 on his way to the 25 points.
- The Hawks are a fun young team. Trae Young looks like a really nice NBA player. He knows how to play with his size. He is really strong and he gets passes to tough places and his shooting is going to improve. His floater is nice weapon if he shoots it as well as he has all year
- Kevin Huerter is another really nice player. Wow can he shoot it. He is somewhere between Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver. He is not quite the defensive player that Thompson is, but he is much younger.
- John Collins puts up great numbers and is a super rim finisher. Amazingly good at the rim plus he hits on 38 percent of his three point shots. I wonder how he is going to be defensively in the long run and how his dribble game.
- The Jazz did what they should against a young team. They played the game and when they realized it was going to take a bit more focus to beat them they did exactly that. It was not a game that too a lot of juice out of the Jazz. It is why playing the lesser teams is really important and the Jazz have only lost one game against those teams it was in Mexico City.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022