SUMMARY: On an emotional day the Jazz control the 2nd half to dominate the Hawks on their way to their 30th win of the season
- This was quite a day with the Rudy Gobert all-star snub and then the emotional shoot around press event. It took the Jazz a while to get rolling but when they did it was a dominating 2nd half that lead to the win.
- The Hawks play a unique game. They have good offensive players. They play fast. They catch you by surprise a bit and if they are making shots they can get you. They came in having won 10 of their last 20 with wins over the Clippers, 76ers and the Thunder.
- The Jazz adjusted in the 2nd half to who the Hawks are and how they play and outscored the Hawks 70-50.
- A lot of it was the Jazz started making shots. The Jazz were just 6 of 23 in the first half from three but finished the game 6 of 12 in the 2nd The Jazz took a remarkable amount of corner 3s. 18 tonight. 18 corner threes in this game is one of the highest outputs of any team all season.
- The Jazz held the Hawks to just 29% of their shots at the rim and that was a large increase from what it was earlier in the game.
- Joe Ingles started fast with 10 first quarter points and finished the night with 19 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Plus a very sore hip. He has put together numerous solid games in a row for the Jazz.
- Rudy Gobert got in foul trouble in the first quarter and had a non-descript first half. After the break he was terrific. Matching a season high with 25 points and also grabbing 13 rebounds. His efficiency was amazing. Gobert took 7 shots and made all 7 on his way to the 25 points.
- The Hawks are a fun young team. Trae Young looks like a really nice NBA player. He knows how to play with his size. He is really strong and he gets passes to tough places and his shooting is going to improve. His floater is nice weapon if he shoots it as well as he has all year
- Kevin Huerter is another really nice player. Wow can he shoot it. He is somewhere between Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver. He is not quite the defensive player that Thompson is, but he is much younger.
- John Collins puts up great numbers and is a super rim finisher. Amazingly good at the rim plus he hits on 38 percent of his three point shots. I wonder how he is going to be defensively in the long run and how his dribble game.
- The Jazz did what they should against a young team. They played the game and when they realized it was going to take a bit more focus to beat them they did exactly that. It was not a game that too a lot of juice out of the Jazz. It is why playing the lesser teams is really important and the Jazz have only lost one game against those teams it was in Mexico City.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition