SUMMARY: On an emotional day the Jazz control the 2nd half to dominate the Hawks on their way to their 30th win of the season
- This was quite a day with the Rudy Gobert all-star snub and then the emotional shoot around press event. It took the Jazz a while to get rolling but when they did it was a dominating 2nd half that lead to the win.
- The Hawks play a unique game. They have good offensive players. They play fast. They catch you by surprise a bit and if they are making shots they can get you. They came in having won 10 of their last 20 with wins over the Clippers, 76ers and the Thunder.
- The Jazz adjusted in the 2nd half to who the Hawks are and how they play and outscored the Hawks 70-50.
- A lot of it was the Jazz started making shots. The Jazz were just 6 of 23 in the first half from three but finished the game 6 of 12 in the 2nd The Jazz took a remarkable amount of corner 3s. 18 tonight. 18 corner threes in this game is one of the highest outputs of any team all season.
- The Jazz held the Hawks to just 29% of their shots at the rim and that was a large increase from what it was earlier in the game.
- Joe Ingles started fast with 10 first quarter points and finished the night with 19 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Plus a very sore hip. He has put together numerous solid games in a row for the Jazz.
- Rudy Gobert got in foul trouble in the first quarter and had a non-descript first half. After the break he was terrific. Matching a season high with 25 points and also grabbing 13 rebounds. His efficiency was amazing. Gobert took 7 shots and made all 7 on his way to the 25 points.
- The Hawks are a fun young team. Trae Young looks like a really nice NBA player. He knows how to play with his size. He is really strong and he gets passes to tough places and his shooting is going to improve. His floater is nice weapon if he shoots it as well as he has all year
- Kevin Huerter is another really nice player. Wow can he shoot it. He is somewhere between Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver. He is not quite the defensive player that Thompson is, but he is much younger.
- John Collins puts up great numbers and is a super rim finisher. Amazingly good at the rim plus he hits on 38 percent of his three point shots. I wonder how he is going to be defensively in the long run and how his dribble game.
- The Jazz did what they should against a young team. They played the game and when they realized it was going to take a bit more focus to beat them they did exactly that. It was not a game that too a lot of juice out of the Jazz. It is why playing the lesser teams is really important and the Jazz have only lost one game against those teams it was in Mexico City.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Value of Offensive Rebounding, Conley and Favors on playing in Utah, Trend Monday
The Utah Jazz used offensive rebounding to beat the Orlando Magic. The increase in offensive rebounding is a league wide trend due to analytics. Mike Conley and Derrick Favors had interesting comments about playing in Utah in the Athletic article. It is a trend Monday as well.
Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show
If you missed tonight action, I’ll get you caught up in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz struggled in the 1st half, but found their groove in the 2nd, as Donovan Mitchell dropped 25 second half points to lead Utah to a 124-109 victory
POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic
David Locke hosts POSTCAST after each Jazz game tonight the Jazz beat the Magic with thrid quarter surge and Donovan Mitchell commanding 2nd half play.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Value of Offensive Rebounding, Conley and Favors on playing in Utah, Trend Monday March 1, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show February 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic February 27, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic February 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team
Utah Jazz4 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story