EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: A 10-1 rally to close the 4th quarter forces overtime and the Utah Jazz get the shots to fall in OT on way to a 98-95
• Lots of big plays down the stretch to walk thru tonight to tell the story of the Jazz win.
• The biggest was an incredible in-bound play down 2 with 8 seconds left. The Jazz in bounding from the right side of the basket were able to get a pass in to Joe Ingles under the rim and he laid it up and in. Stunning play.
• Now with the game tied the Pistons ran a play to get Luke Kennard a three. Was this Stan Van Gundy hoping to get one up on Donovan Mitchell, no but from Pistons stand point a Luke Kennard game winner would have been pretty sweet. It was a great play and Andre Drummond set a mammoth pick hip checking Ricky Rubio into another zip code to free Kennard. Rudy Gobert reads it perfectly and makes a great effort to impact the shot of Kennard and forces a miss.
• Gobert does this again on the final play of the game. With the Jazz up 3 in overtime. The Pistons ran a great play. They sent Kennard around Andre Drummond to set a pick on Tobias Harris. The impact is that Donovan Mitchell who is guarding Kennard is now picked by Drummond as he tries to switch onto Harris and Harris is running free to the corner to tie the game. Gobert is playing center field and reads that Drummond has picked off Mitchell and makes an incredible effort jumping off one leg to alter the shot and force a game tying miss.
• These are big time efforts. These are what has to happen to win.
• The Jazz went on a 10-1 run to close the 4th quarter to force overtime. Jazz trailed 88-79 with 3:17 left when Tobias Harris hit a three. Gobert hit a shot and then Avery Bradley missed a three that probably would have ended the game. If you go down 10 with 2:41 left the math is wrong. The Pistons offense became awful. Ish Smith and Stanley Johnson missed on the next three attempts and the Jazz had a chance to get back in the game and did on the Joe Ingles layup to force overtime.
• Jazz held the Pistons to 34% shooting and 3 of 15 from three in the 2nd half. The Pistons are the 3rd best three point shooting team in the NBA.
• Joe Johnson was +11 in the 2nd half and 4 of 5 from the field.
• Donovan Mitchell had a really tough 2nd half with a 1 for 9 with 3 turnovers, including a big turnover in the 4th quarter where Andre Drummond stripped him and took in the length of the floor for a dunk.
• In Overtime the Jazz made shots. Joe Ingles hit two threes to open the overtime and Mitchell hit a catch and shoot three to put the Jazz up 7 with 3:03 left. However, it still took the great play by Rudy to seal the game.
• Donovan is shooting 27% on off the bounce threes since Jan 1st. For the season, he is catch and shoot 41% from three.
• Ricky Rubio had his fourth double double of the season and three are points and rebounds. His passion was terrific. He plays hard every night and he plays with great intentions. He got blasted by Anthony Tolliver (unintentionally) and got a significant cut over the eye. He got it glued and returned for the key moments of the game. Not sure the Jazz win without him tonight.
• Jazz played their 12th game without Rodney Hood, they are 7-5. This was the first below .500 team of the 7 wins.
• Solid win. Lots of things went wrong. Andre Drummond was incredible. He was great. Totally dominate in this game in every aspect. His line of 30 points, 24 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 6 blocks has never been done before. He played with an incredible effort all night and may have proved his point about being an all-star snub.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around
The Jazz headed back east to wrap up the first half of the schedule. Here is a recap of the first stop in Miami as they took on the Heat for the second time in as many weeks.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is
David Locke talks with Jazz Head Coach, Quin Snyder, about how teams prepare this season with the unique schedule and when you have a player as dominant as Rudy Gobert.
POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat
The Utah Jazz fell on the first of a 4 game road trip as Jimmy Butler had a 32 point night for the Miami Heat. David Locke hosts POSTCAST with his breakdown of the game and then your comments and thoughts
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz v. the best and Jazz place in NBA history so far plus buyout market questions February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story February 25, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team