SUMMARY: The Atlanta Hawks end the Jazz 5 game win streak with a three point barrage
- The Hawks closed the game on a 18 to 6 run to comeback and beat the Jazz. The final stretch for the Jazz they couldn’t get the stops they needed or were they able to swing the momentum of the game
- The Jazz trailed by 1 after 1 and then trailed by 11 at the half but were brilliant in the 3rd quarter and swung the game to a 5 points 91-86 lead heading to the 4th However, the Hawks re-gained control of the game in the 4th quarter and the Jazz fell.
- Donovan Mitchell who was brilliant in the third quarter with 12 points was just 3 for 11 in the 4th quarter without a free throw attempt. Jae Crowder had two great looks in the clutch from three but wasn’t able to make either of them and is now 2 for 13 in the clutch from three. The Jazz came in the 3rd best offense in the clutch but it is largely based on getting to the line and they weren’t able to get those free throw attempts.
- The big story of the night is the Hawks 40 three point attempts. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at denying the three point shot but not against the Hawks. In the first match up the Hawks took 48 three point attempts and tonight they had 40. They got hot and hit 19 of them. Kent Bazemore who had hit on 22% the last 5 games was 4 for 6
- How did the Hawks get the threes. 8 of them were assisted by Trae Young. Young gets into the paint because the Jazz are trailing him off the pick and forcing him off the three point line. The defender is now playing him from the trail position and he is going at Gobert and Rudy is occupied. With Dewayne Dedmon and Alex Len and John Collins the Hawks have bigs that will shoot the three. Dedmon had three of those assists for three and Collins had another.
- Then the Hawks were very willing to pull for three in transition in early offense. Kevin Huerter is a tremendous young player and Kent Bazemore got hot.
- The Hawks beat the Jazz at the things the Jazz are good at. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at not allowing you into transition and the Hawks had a high transition rate and the Jazz are the #1 team at denying the three and the Hawks had 40 attempts.
- The Jazz got in transition offensively and had success.
- Jae Crowder and Kyle Korver who have been vital for the Jazz off the bench combined to go 1 for 10 from three.
- Dropping big teams have been hard for the Jazz to attack and particularly Donovan. The Jazz are much improved this year at that attack.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022