SUMMARY: The Atlanta Hawks end the Jazz 5 game win streak with a three point barrage
- The Hawks closed the game on a 18 to 6 run to comeback and beat the Jazz. The final stretch for the Jazz they couldn’t get the stops they needed or were they able to swing the momentum of the game
- The Jazz trailed by 1 after 1 and then trailed by 11 at the half but were brilliant in the 3rd quarter and swung the game to a 5 points 91-86 lead heading to the 4th However, the Hawks re-gained control of the game in the 4th quarter and the Jazz fell.
- Donovan Mitchell who was brilliant in the third quarter with 12 points was just 3 for 11 in the 4th quarter without a free throw attempt. Jae Crowder had two great looks in the clutch from three but wasn’t able to make either of them and is now 2 for 13 in the clutch from three. The Jazz came in the 3rd best offense in the clutch but it is largely based on getting to the line and they weren’t able to get those free throw attempts.
- The big story of the night is the Hawks 40 three point attempts. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at denying the three point shot but not against the Hawks. In the first match up the Hawks took 48 three point attempts and tonight they had 40. They got hot and hit 19 of them. Kent Bazemore who had hit on 22% the last 5 games was 4 for 6
- How did the Hawks get the threes. 8 of them were assisted by Trae Young. Young gets into the paint because the Jazz are trailing him off the pick and forcing him off the three point line. The defender is now playing him from the trail position and he is going at Gobert and Rudy is occupied. With Dewayne Dedmon and Alex Len and John Collins the Hawks have bigs that will shoot the three. Dedmon had three of those assists for three and Collins had another.
- Then the Hawks were very willing to pull for three in transition in early offense. Kevin Huerter is a tremendous young player and Kent Bazemore got hot.
- The Hawks beat the Jazz at the things the Jazz are good at. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at not allowing you into transition and the Hawks had a high transition rate and the Jazz are the #1 team at denying the three and the Hawks had 40 attempts.
- The Jazz got in transition offensively and had success.
- Jae Crowder and Kyle Korver who have been vital for the Jazz off the bench combined to go 1 for 10 from three.
- Dropping big teams have been hard for the Jazz to attack and particularly Donovan. The Jazz are much improved this year at that attack.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition