SUMMARY: The Atlanta Hawks end the Jazz 5 game win streak with a three point barrage
- The Hawks closed the game on a 18 to 6 run to comeback and beat the Jazz. The final stretch for the Jazz they couldn’t get the stops they needed or were they able to swing the momentum of the game
- The Jazz trailed by 1 after 1 and then trailed by 11 at the half but were brilliant in the 3rd quarter and swung the game to a 5 points 91-86 lead heading to the 4th However, the Hawks re-gained control of the game in the 4th quarter and the Jazz fell.
- Donovan Mitchell who was brilliant in the third quarter with 12 points was just 3 for 11 in the 4th quarter without a free throw attempt. Jae Crowder had two great looks in the clutch from three but wasn’t able to make either of them and is now 2 for 13 in the clutch from three. The Jazz came in the 3rd best offense in the clutch but it is largely based on getting to the line and they weren’t able to get those free throw attempts.
- The big story of the night is the Hawks 40 three point attempts. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at denying the three point shot but not against the Hawks. In the first match up the Hawks took 48 three point attempts and tonight they had 40. They got hot and hit 19 of them. Kent Bazemore who had hit on 22% the last 5 games was 4 for 6
- How did the Hawks get the threes. 8 of them were assisted by Trae Young. Young gets into the paint because the Jazz are trailing him off the pick and forcing him off the three point line. The defender is now playing him from the trail position and he is going at Gobert and Rudy is occupied. With Dewayne Dedmon and Alex Len and John Collins the Hawks have bigs that will shoot the three. Dedmon had three of those assists for three and Collins had another.
- Then the Hawks were very willing to pull for three in transition in early offense. Kevin Huerter is a tremendous young player and Kent Bazemore got hot.
- The Hawks beat the Jazz at the things the Jazz are good at. The Jazz are the #1 team in the NBA at not allowing you into transition and the Hawks had a high transition rate and the Jazz are the #1 team at denying the three and the Hawks had 40 attempts.
- The Jazz got in transition offensively and had success.
- Jae Crowder and Kyle Korver who have been vital for the Jazz off the bench combined to go 1 for 10 from three.
- Dropping big teams have been hard for the Jazz to attack and particularly Donovan. The Jazz are much improved this year at that attack.
JAZZ GAME REWIND – the Jazz get back on track behind Gobert’s double-double
The Jazz, without the services of Donovan Mitchell, put a stop to their skid by topping the Detroit Pistons 111-101 led by Rudy Gobert’s 24 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 blocks.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
New #1 Points Gained player, Perpelexed about the Jazz and about last year
How should we feel about the Utah Jazz? Is perplexed the right way to say it. A look at the items that are concerning and then why it might not be as concerning plus how a unique year last year may have tilted the perception
Trade rumors of the NBA abound everywhere and the latest for the Utah Jazz involve Marcus Smart. We dig into who is Marcus Smart.
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube
There is a new player on top of the Points Gained rankings. It is a bit of a surprise and we will try to make sense of it
Utah Jazz keep losing leads and what were they trying to do defensively
The Utah Jazz lost to one the NBA’s worst teams the Houston Rockets last night. THis is the 7th bad loss of the season for the Utah Jazz. What has happened to this group and how concerned should we be? The Utah Jazz have blown 7 double digit leads in the 2nd half this season. It the most of any team in the NBA and it is the same amount the blew over the last two season when they were 80-7 in games when they had a double digit lead. This year they are 26-7 and have blown the most 2nd half double digit leads of any team in the NBA. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus a bunch of other topics on why Eric Paschall didn’t play and why the Rockets were a bad matchup and how the Jazz just don’t have answers right now on the defensive end
- JAZZ GAME REWIND – the Jazz get back on track behind Gobert’s double-double January 22, 2022
- POSTCAST – Utah Jazz bench drives the Jazz to the win over the Detroit Pistons January 22, 2022
- New #1 Points Gained player, Perpelexed about the Jazz and about last year January 21, 2022
- Utah Jazz keep losing leads and what were they trying to do defensively January 20, 2022
- Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz Can’t Pull Ahead Without Mitchell January 20, 2022
Utah Jazz1 week ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz fall in Detroit – how, why and what
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Utah Jazz are getting better from this stretch and how the offense has had to change
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz have bad loss in Indiana and a fun game in Toronto. Who are Danuel House Jr. and Denzel Valentine?