SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz are in the playoffs !!
- This season is remarkable. From the loss against Miami when it felt like the Jazz would never score to the loss in Atlanta that was the nadir of the season to all the moments in between when it felt as though the road back to the playoffs was going to arduous and long this is stunning.
- The Jazz played a Lakers team tonight without Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram and did exactly what they should have done. They jumped to a 19-4 lead and while the Lakers cut the deficit the Jazz never trailed in the game and eventually lead by 20 en route to a blow out win over the Lakers.
- Joe Ingles had his first 20-10 game of his career. He torched the Lakers early in the game taking advantage of Alex Caruso’s inability to defend.
- My favorite play of the night was Ingles had Thomas Bryant guarding him on the perimeter and could have easily taken him one on one but instead he drove on an angle to his left toward Royce O’Neale who started moving toward Ingles took the pitch on a tight curl and knowing that the Lakers would switch meant that the lumbering Bryant would have to change directions and then contain O’Neale. He had no chance and O’Neale got the layup.
- That play is what this team is about. First, it is smart. O’Neale had a head of steam and by making Bryant change directions it was a much harder play to defend. More importantly, it was selfless and teamwork. The premise of this team is built on sharing the ball, moving the defense and making them react. Ingles could have gone one on one and probably would have been fine. That is not the personality Quin Snyder has built in this team. From day one Quin Snyder preached obvious unselfishness. This play was obvious unselfishness. This play fosters togetherness. This play nurtures the possession when the ball will move again and the next one after that and so forth. A principle of Quin Snyder’s philosophy is that when everyone is involved offensively then everyone stays engaged defensively. This play is the 2017-28 Utah Jazz in its simplest form.
- Moreover, that play puts both Joe Ingles and Royce O’Neale who are undrafted players, that started their careers in Europe after being unable to get training camp invites in the NBA in positions to be successful. Joe is a strong ball handler, who understand angles, system and how to put his teammates in positions to succeed. Going 1 on 1 on a mismatch is not his strength. O’Neale is a powerful driver, but he isn’t tricky with the dribble, he is not an off the bounce threat to pull up for three. On the move he is strong for his position, he is quick enough to turn the corner and he plays with a force that gets him to the rim. All the reasons these guys didn’t get drafted are still there but in this system they aren’t asked to play in that manner. Instead, they are asked to play smart and together. That is why they are successful.
- Derrick Favors was +30. His 13 rebounds were a season high
- Jae Crowder was vital tonight with 18 points and his 2nd quarter kept the Jazz in control of the game.
- Donovan had a robust line with 28 points, 9 rebounds (all defensive) and 8 assists.
- The Jazz have won 28 of 33 and 15 of their last 16 on the road.
- PLAYOFFS!!!! If Jazz win out they are the 3rd seed
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why the 9th win might have been the most impressive and what Quin told team after the last loss
The Utah Jazz have won 9 straight and the win over the Knicks might have been the most impressive. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider breaks down how this win was harder than many before and re-occurring theme in the wins. Plus, on the best of Quin he talks about what he told the team after their last loss and what makes Rudy so tremendous
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Utah continues hot streak with 9th straight win
Recap Utah’s win over the New York Knicks with Amanda Smith.
POSTCAST – Jazz win 9th straight in impressive fight v. Knicks
Utah Jazz win their 9th straight in an impressive fight against the New York Knicks
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why the 9th win might have been the most impressive and what Quin told team after the last loss January 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Utah continues hot streak with 9th straight win January 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz win 9th straight in impressive fight v. Knicks January 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Utah looks for redemption vs New York January 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dominating quarters by the Utah Jazz, Where the Utah Jazz sit in power rankings and Kobe Bryant Tribute January 26, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – What the James Harden trade means for Utah Jazz and NBA. Derrick Favors massive impact on the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell should be cherished. Jazz impressive in 7th straight win and show growth
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Trae Young and Hawks feel like bad medicine for the Jazz and Points Gained debuts for 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jazz were brilliant v. NOP. Quin on transition. Jazz historic three point shooting