Summary: The Boston Celtics close on a 9-0 run as the Jazz go scoreless for the final 2:25 and lose for just the 2nd time this year at home when leading going to the 4th quarter.
• Jaylen Brown hit a three with .3 seconds left to give the Celtics the win. Shane Larkin drove right into the paint and Joe Ingles and Rudy Gobert stepped over to help Ricky Rubio. Larkin threw the pass back to Semi Ojeleye who was originally guarded by Gobert and as the pass went back to Ojeleye Brown re-spaced to above the three point line and Ingles and Rubio had collided at this point and there was no one close. He nailed the shot. The Celtics win
• The Celtics did a lot of interesting things defensively late in the game. I will need to re-watch but I believe they went to a zone for one possession. Donovan Mitchell was coming off the pick and roll and getting Greg Monroe involved and scoring on him so the Celtics moved Shane Larkin off Ricky Rubio and placed him on the left side of the screen so that Mitchell would drive right into Larkin.
• The first possession they did this Mitchell hit Ricky Rubio for a wide open 16 footer and he short armed it. Rubio finished the night 4 of 14. I believe he missed 6 of his last 7. The next possession Donovan tried to go away from Larkin to the short side of the floor and Brown came off the corner to knock his dribble away and forced a turnover. On the next possession I believe they may have gone to a zone and Donovan missed a 12 foot floater which is a tough shot.
• When the game was tied with :45 left the Jazz had a possession and Mitchell moved the ball to Crowder and Ingles and neither could get free and it forced Crowder into a contested three.
• The Jazz allowed 30 4th quarter points
• When the Jazz play Crowder and Ingles with Gobert they really need to get some rebounding. With 1:36 left Tatum missed a three where Gobert was the man who closed and without Gobert in the paint Larkin and Monroe both got offensive rebounds. With 4:35 left they got another 2nd chance that lead to another two points
• Terry Rozier hit three straight threes in the 4th quarter that turned the game from a Jazz control to a possessions by possession game down the stretch.
• Boston points down the stretch came as follows A Rozier layup 9 seconds after a Donovan layup going right back up the floor, a Greg Monroe hook shot, two free throws off an offensive rebound, a fast break off a Mitchell turnover for a Tatum dunk and then the final game winner.
• The Jazz missed their first 12 above the break 3s tonight and didn’t make one in the first half. They finished the night 3 of 21 on above the break three point shots.
• The Jazz kept running a great play that freed Joe Ingles for three off a Rudy Gobert pass and Ingles would catch and shoot off the pick on a nice skip pass. Joe just didn’t hit the shots tonight.
• The Celtics left Ricky Rubio a lot of room to shoot and he finished 4 of 14.
• The Celtics physical defense early in the game dislodged the Jazz from their regular offensive rhythm. Then the Celtics went to a zone for a while and the Jazz went 1 for 7 in the third quarter against the zone and the one was a early offense
• Dante Exum’s first stint was a tough one so Quin played him with Rubio in the 2nd stint and was terrific, cutting without the ball and forcing the action at the rim. He let Rozier get free for one or two of this threes that swung the game back to a possession by possession game.
• Donovan Mitchell was 1 of 6 in the mid range tonight
• This is a tough loss. Celtics still have loads of talent with Rozier, Tatum and Brown but the Jazz need wins to get into the playoffs and this is one they needed to get.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades