SUMMARY: Jazz buck the Spurs off their rodeo road trip with a blowout 129-109 win
- This was a really strong performance from the Jazz. They executed at a very high level on both ends of the floor.
- Defensively the Jazz wanted to make sure they didn’t get into rotations from the actions of LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan. The Spurs are the #1 three point shooting team in the NBA and though they don’t shoot a lot of them they make them and that is what makes their offense successful. The jazz gave the Spurs very few open look threes in this game. The Spurs hit just 7 of 22 from three and took just 22 of their 89 shots from three.
- At halftime the Jazz had allowed the Spurs to take just 5 shots at the rim. Instead they had taken 24 mid range shots and 12 threes. That is a really hard way to live. As good as many believe Aldridge and DeRozan to be they both only shoot 41% on mid range shots so if you keep them off the line they are very inefficient players.
- Aldridge finished the game with just 4 free throw attempts and when he takes less than 8 free throws they are 19-22. Aldridge tonight was 5 of 16 shooting and had just 15 points.
- If you were wondering Rudy Gobert gad 21 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 block shots and his team was +15 when he was on the floor.
- The Spurs rodeo road trip has become a disaster they are 0-4 and have allowed 125 points or more in every game.
- The Spurs started the night in a gimmick defense, playing a triangle and two face guarding both Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles. The Jazz subbed in Jae Crowder and Kyle Korver and the Spurs tried to stay in but it finally failed. The Jazz were getting wide open looks but weren’t able to convert for a bit and then it came together.
- Quin and the staff did some interesting things. They got the ball to Rudy in the middle of the triangle and let him make plays. They started playing pick and roll with Ricky Rubio in the middle of the floor creating a 3 on 3 and they began to score at will.
- The Spurs really dropped off Jae Crowder and Ricky Rubio tonight and as the game developed both of them took advantage.
- Royce O’Neale was vital off the bench. He played some more at the 4 tonight as he did v. the Suns. He went 4 for 4 from three and finished with 17 points.
- Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert both had double doubles.
- The Jazz win the season series from the Spurs and are in 6th in the West.
- The Spurs have the worst road record of the good team in the West and are now just 1.5 games ahead of the Kings for a playoff spot.
- Jazz have won 14 of 19.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022