SUMMARY: Jazz blow out another inferior opponent with a 21 point win that was never that close
- The Eastern Conference is truly awful
- The last two nights the Jazz deserve credit for being locked in and playing the game the correct way. When you play teams as bad as Washington and New York are defensively you can get caught up with how easy it is to get a shot and not play the game the right way. Instead, the Jazz have been making the extra pass, working shots from good to great and been dominating offensively. For most of the night the Jazz were averaging 1.5 to 1.7 pts when they cross half court.
- The Jazz shot selection has been through the roof. Tonight they took 41% of their shots at the rim and 44% of their shots as three point shots. When you are getting no resistance this reveals your philosophy and what you believe in as a team and a system. The Jazz were getting whatever look they wanted and the want rim, corner 3 and above the break 3. That is what they got.
- Ricky Rubio is struggling with some of his shots so instead he is attacking and going to the line. Ricky is an 85% free throw shooter. His efficiency is dictated not by making shots but if he goes to the line. His usage is low so when he goes to the line it is a really big deal for his efficiency. Tonight he took 10 free throws and he took 8 v. Washington.
- Donovan Mitchell is suddenly so efficient. Makes you wonder what he would be like if he got to play in the Eastern Conference every night. He shoots 4% better from the field and 3% better from 3 in the Eastern Conference.
- The last of the 3rd team all-nba guard is going to be Bradley Beal or Kemba Walker, likely Bradley Beal. I am having a hard time why he should be getting it over Donovan. He is more efficienct but Washington’s offense is not better than Utah’s and the Wizards are 11 games below .500 compared to the Jazz who are 13 games above .500 Makes me pause at least to consider that maybe Donovan in his 2nd year is deserving of all NBA 3rd That is an incredible thought even if you don’t believe he deserves it.
- The narrative to start the year was Donovan was in a sophomore slump and that he had slipped. He wasn’t great but as the process has played out and the season has gone on he has been amazing. He is so much better than he was a year ago right now. Since Jan 1st he is averaging 28 pts, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. He is shooting 44% and 39% from three while taking 6.5 free throws. He is shooting the three really well right now. He was shooting 43% on above the break threes over the last 12 games coming into the game.
- Good day in the standings with Houston, San Antonio and Oklahoma City all losing. The key is catching OKC because the Jazz likely have the tiebreaker with the Portland Trailblazers if needed.
- Off to Atlanta
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions
The Utah Jazz all-stars were picked last by LeBron James and Kevin Durant. Was this conscience by the two stars? Was this telling Utah to stay in their hierarchy of the NBA? Was this just fun? It all feels like another slight to the Utah Jazz in a remarkable season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the options and interacts with a live audience
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions March 5, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.