SUMMARY: Jazz dominate undermanned Warriors team while fans worry about 49ers.
- The Jazz have a stretch of games where they can discover and offensive rhythm and tonight they took advantage. The Jazz got the offense going in numerous manners.
- The Jazz found the three point shot tonight. They took 35 of 81 shots as three point shots (43% of their shots) The Jazz have not been able to get the three point looks they were getting a year ago and tonight with a defense that showed very little resistance they were able to get those shots.
- Donovan seemed to change some of things he was doing. He back up the pick and roll a bit so that he could step into an off the dribble three rather than taking a mid range shot each time. When he drove it also gave him a downhill start to the rim. Will be interesting to watch this moving forward. Will Donovan be able to bring other defenses out higher on the floor so he has room for the off the bounce three. Donovan hit on 7 of 17 and 5 of 9 from three and scored 23 points. That is a wonderful night. It is really amazing how much he is improving from year 2
- The Warriors defense didn’t put up a lot of resistance other than hard fouls to the basket. They didn’t stop passes or jump passing lanes. This allowed the ball to pop around the outside of the paint. The Jazz had 30 assists.
- The pick and roll game with Rudy Gobert was really good tonight. Mike Conley, Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles all had success on the pick and roll game with Gobert tonight. Rudy had 25 points on 11 of 12 shooting.
- D’Angelo Russell was on fire early in the game scoring 16 straight points and the Jazz put Royce O’Neale on him and it slowed him down considerably. Russell still had 33 but he was quiet compared to the role he was on in the first quarter when he finished with 18
- Mike Conley and Rudy Gobert had their best game together.
- The Warriors came into the game with the 29th ranked defense and tonight didn’t help them
- Donovan Mitchell was 5 of 9 from three and Mike Conley was 5 of 8.
- The Warriors aren’t good
- Jazz were never in jeopardy of losing this game. The lead by as mnay as 20 and it stayed around 11 to 15 most of the night
- Emmanuel Mudiay returned tonight and had 11 points in 15 minutes
- Jazz only played a nine man rotation
- Joe Ingles still hasn’t found his three point stroke as he went 1 for 5.
- Overall it was a strange night. There was no vibe in the building. It was as though the fans didn’t know who the players were and who to root for. Whenever Draymond did something they got excited but for the rest of the players they were silent., At one point the big screen was doing a let’s go warriors and the crowd was silent. Moreover, each seat has access to some sort of club. This meant they they had access to the 49ers v. Seahawks NFL game and as somewhere after the first quarter fans started leaving to go watch football and never came back. Then when the football was over thousands of fans came back into he bowl and into the arena. The players I talked to said they noticed.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition