SUMMARY: Jazz dominate undermanned Warriors team while fans worry about 49ers.
- The Jazz have a stretch of games where they can discover and offensive rhythm and tonight they took advantage. The Jazz got the offense going in numerous manners.
- The Jazz found the three point shot tonight. They took 35 of 81 shots as three point shots (43% of their shots) The Jazz have not been able to get the three point looks they were getting a year ago and tonight with a defense that showed very little resistance they were able to get those shots.
- Donovan seemed to change some of things he was doing. He back up the pick and roll a bit so that he could step into an off the dribble three rather than taking a mid range shot each time. When he drove it also gave him a downhill start to the rim. Will be interesting to watch this moving forward. Will Donovan be able to bring other defenses out higher on the floor so he has room for the off the bounce three. Donovan hit on 7 of 17 and 5 of 9 from three and scored 23 points. That is a wonderful night. It is really amazing how much he is improving from year 2
- The Warriors defense didn’t put up a lot of resistance other than hard fouls to the basket. They didn’t stop passes or jump passing lanes. This allowed the ball to pop around the outside of the paint. The Jazz had 30 assists.
- The pick and roll game with Rudy Gobert was really good tonight. Mike Conley, Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles all had success on the pick and roll game with Gobert tonight. Rudy had 25 points on 11 of 12 shooting.
- D’Angelo Russell was on fire early in the game scoring 16 straight points and the Jazz put Royce O’Neale on him and it slowed him down considerably. Russell still had 33 but he was quiet compared to the role he was on in the first quarter when he finished with 18
- Mike Conley and Rudy Gobert had their best game together.
- The Warriors came into the game with the 29th ranked defense and tonight didn’t help them
- Donovan Mitchell was 5 of 9 from three and Mike Conley was 5 of 8.
- The Warriors aren’t good
- Jazz were never in jeopardy of losing this game. The lead by as mnay as 20 and it stayed around 11 to 15 most of the night
- Emmanuel Mudiay returned tonight and had 11 points in 15 minutes
- Jazz only played a nine man rotation
- Joe Ingles still hasn’t found his three point stroke as he went 1 for 5.
- Overall it was a strange night. There was no vibe in the building. It was as though the fans didn’t know who the players were and who to root for. Whenever Draymond did something they got excited but for the rest of the players they were silent., At one point the big screen was doing a let’s go warriors and the crowd was silent. Moreover, each seat has access to some sort of club. This meant they they had access to the 49ers v. Seahawks NFL game and as somewhere after the first quarter fans started leaving to go watch football and never came back. Then when the football was over thousands of fans came back into he bowl and into the arena. The players I talked to said they noticed.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Quin on Utah Jazz fans, Defense v. Pacers, Offense Sustainabilty and Time Machine Tuesday
The Utah Jazz continue to roll. In what was thought to be a test the Utah Jazz blew out a tired Indiana Pacers team. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, breaks down the Jazz defensive performance and the unrelenting offense the Jazz are putting out on a night in and night out basis. Then it is time for Time Machine Tuesday as we go back and find 40 year old men playing 48 minutes and leading the Jazz to an overtime win.
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz vs Pacers 01/20/20
Recap Utah’s game against the Indiana Pacers with Amanda Smith.
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz blow out the Indiana Pacers. Locke and Boone break it down
The Utah Jazz blow out the Indiana Pacers in a very impressive performance. David Locke and Ron Boone break it down
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Astros cheating scandal NBA version and would you be ok as a fan, plus Nets and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz7 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Holy Cow were the Utah Jazz outstanding last night
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – A meandering Friday show keeps leading back to the Utah Jazz might be really good.
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Are the Utah Jazz who we thought they were? Where do the Jazz project? Donovan Mitchell in the Clutch