SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz outclassed the Phoenix Suns in route to 114-97 win.
• This was a really solid performance by the Jazz. They played hard. They never let Phoenix grab hold of the game. They exploited the Suns weaknesses. They executed what they wanted to do both offensive and defensively.
• The most noticeable item in this game is the Jazz could run their offense. Unlike Memphis and OKC who had the athletes and the experience to blow up what the Jazz were trying to do offensively Phoenix doesn’t have the personal to be able to inhibit the Jazz from running their offense.
• In addition, the Jazz had point guards tonight with Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. In the 22 minutes Ricky Rubio was on the floor the Jazz were +13 and with Raul Neto on the floor for 11 minutes the Jazz were +9. In the 33 minutes the Jazz played a point guard they were +22. In the 15 minutes they played a primary ball handler they were -5
• Joe Ingles is the biggest benefactor of having the point guards back. When Joe Ingles is playing without a point guard he shots 35% from the field and 23% from three. Tonight he was 6 of 8 and 3 of 5 from three. He still had 6 assists.
• The Suns have no rim defense and aren’t a mature defensive team. The Jazz took 41 shots at the rim or 49% of their shots at the rim according to cleaning the glass. This is in the 96th percentile of all games this season. Derrick Favors had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting on 2s and Rudy Gobert was 6 of 9 and had 18 points. The Jazz made 25 of 41 at the rim.
• Rudy Gobert dominated the game defensively. Deandre Ayton finished the night 1 for 9 with 2 points. More alarming was how many minutes he was on the floor where he had absolutely no impact on the game or went completely unnoticed. Ayton’s one field goal was a hook over Favors. Devin Booker early in the game would not venture into the paint at all with Gobert around.
• Rudy finished the night with 18 points and 20 rebounds
• Raul Neto really sparked the Jazz. He enters the game and immediately gets into the paint and makes things happen. It is an incredible testament this his guts and guile.
• Jazz played 11 players in the regular rotation
• Kelly Oubre was -27 and it was clear why if you watched the game.
• The Jazz defense was really good again tonight keep the Suns below a point per possession.
• The Jazz have only lost one game all year (in Mexico City) against the 9 teams that had a -2 differential at the half way point.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades