SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz outclassed the Phoenix Suns in route to 114-97 win.
• This was a really solid performance by the Jazz. They played hard. They never let Phoenix grab hold of the game. They exploited the Suns weaknesses. They executed what they wanted to do both offensive and defensively.
• The most noticeable item in this game is the Jazz could run their offense. Unlike Memphis and OKC who had the athletes and the experience to blow up what the Jazz were trying to do offensively Phoenix doesn’t have the personal to be able to inhibit the Jazz from running their offense.
• In addition, the Jazz had point guards tonight with Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. In the 22 minutes Ricky Rubio was on the floor the Jazz were +13 and with Raul Neto on the floor for 11 minutes the Jazz were +9. In the 33 minutes the Jazz played a point guard they were +22. In the 15 minutes they played a primary ball handler they were -5
• Joe Ingles is the biggest benefactor of having the point guards back. When Joe Ingles is playing without a point guard he shots 35% from the field and 23% from three. Tonight he was 6 of 8 and 3 of 5 from three. He still had 6 assists.
• The Suns have no rim defense and aren’t a mature defensive team. The Jazz took 41 shots at the rim or 49% of their shots at the rim according to cleaning the glass. This is in the 96th percentile of all games this season. Derrick Favors had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting on 2s and Rudy Gobert was 6 of 9 and had 18 points. The Jazz made 25 of 41 at the rim.
• Rudy Gobert dominated the game defensively. Deandre Ayton finished the night 1 for 9 with 2 points. More alarming was how many minutes he was on the floor where he had absolutely no impact on the game or went completely unnoticed. Ayton’s one field goal was a hook over Favors. Devin Booker early in the game would not venture into the paint at all with Gobert around.
• Rudy finished the night with 18 points and 20 rebounds
• Raul Neto really sparked the Jazz. He enters the game and immediately gets into the paint and makes things happen. It is an incredible testament this his guts and guile.
• Jazz played 11 players in the regular rotation
• Kelly Oubre was -27 and it was clear why if you watched the game.
• The Jazz defense was really good again tonight keep the Suns below a point per possession.
• The Jazz have only lost one game all year (in Mexico City) against the 9 teams that had a -2 differential at the half way point.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022