SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz outclassed the Phoenix Suns in route to 114-97 win.
• This was a really solid performance by the Jazz. They played hard. They never let Phoenix grab hold of the game. They exploited the Suns weaknesses. They executed what they wanted to do both offensive and defensively.
• The most noticeable item in this game is the Jazz could run their offense. Unlike Memphis and OKC who had the athletes and the experience to blow up what the Jazz were trying to do offensively Phoenix doesn’t have the personal to be able to inhibit the Jazz from running their offense.
• In addition, the Jazz had point guards tonight with Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. In the 22 minutes Ricky Rubio was on the floor the Jazz were +13 and with Raul Neto on the floor for 11 minutes the Jazz were +9. In the 33 minutes the Jazz played a point guard they were +22. In the 15 minutes they played a primary ball handler they were -5
• Joe Ingles is the biggest benefactor of having the point guards back. When Joe Ingles is playing without a point guard he shots 35% from the field and 23% from three. Tonight he was 6 of 8 and 3 of 5 from three. He still had 6 assists.
• The Suns have no rim defense and aren’t a mature defensive team. The Jazz took 41 shots at the rim or 49% of their shots at the rim according to cleaning the glass. This is in the 96th percentile of all games this season. Derrick Favors had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting on 2s and Rudy Gobert was 6 of 9 and had 18 points. The Jazz made 25 of 41 at the rim.
• Rudy Gobert dominated the game defensively. Deandre Ayton finished the night 1 for 9 with 2 points. More alarming was how many minutes he was on the floor where he had absolutely no impact on the game or went completely unnoticed. Ayton’s one field goal was a hook over Favors. Devin Booker early in the game would not venture into the paint at all with Gobert around.
• Rudy finished the night with 18 points and 20 rebounds
• Raul Neto really sparked the Jazz. He enters the game and immediately gets into the paint and makes things happen. It is an incredible testament this his guts and guile.
• Jazz played 11 players in the regular rotation
• Kelly Oubre was -27 and it was clear why if you watched the game.
• The Jazz defense was really good again tonight keep the Suns below a point per possession.
• The Jazz have only lost one game all year (in Mexico City) against the 9 teams that had a -2 differential at the half way point.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups