SUMMARY: The Jazz go a 27 to 2 run from the first quarter to the second and blow out the Brooklyn Nets on their way to a 114-98 win.
- Rudy Gobert was a dominating defensive force tonight that ruined the rhythm of both D’Angleo Russell and Caris LeVert. Gobert’s length has such an impact on the opponents shot selection that players get uncomfortable because they are not talking their normal looks. The Jazz defense has held 7 of the last 10 opponents to under a point a possession
- This game was interesting because both the Nets and Jazz play an analytics heavy game. The Jazz take the 6th most amount of shots at the rim and the 6th most amount of threes for the 4th most amount of “smart” shots at 76% The Nets take the 12th most amount of shots at the rim and the 4th most amount of 3s for the 5th most amount of smart shots at 75%. Now that is fine expect that both teams defensively take the same approach and deny these shots. The Jazz rank 1st at 62.5% and the Nets rank 2nd at 64% at allowing fewest amount of smart shots. So what happens?
- The defenses won out. The Jazz took 29% of their shots as mid range shots compared the their usual 24% and the Nets shot an unreal 40% of their shots as mid range shots compared to their 25%. Moreover, neither team shot them very well. The Jazz were 8 of 29 and the Nets were 9 of 39. At one point in the game the Nets were 4 of 22 on paint non restricted area shots.
- D’Angle Russell had a miserable night. He finished 2 of 11 on mid range shots.
- Derrick Favors had a sequence of the game when he was so much bigger and stronger than any of the Nets they couldn’t get a rebound. The Nets were trying to play zone and had to bail out of the zone because Favors was too much of a force on the boards
- The Jazz bigs killed the Nets. Rudy Gobert had 23 points and 17 rebounds as well as 3 blocks and Derrick Favors had 13 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- The Jazz were able to get off 13 corner 3 attempts which is a lot and a ton when you consider who they were playing. The Jazz are averaging well over 10 corner 3 attempts for the last 10 games.
- Donovan notched another 20 point game. He has had 20 in 28 of his last 30 games
- 13 three pointers for the Jazz. 12 seems to be the magic number for wins
- Solid win now onto the East for a 4 game trip of huge importance.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him
As the Jazz wrap up the first half of the season and head into the All-Star break, Coach Snyder talks with David Locke about coaching in his first All-Star game. Coach Snyder also touches on how Donovan Mitchell has been playing this season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Is Rudy Gobert the litmus test for offensive greatness March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.