Summary: Ricky Rubio leads the Utah Jazz in a dismantling of the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-102, to take a 2 to 1 series lead.
• Ricky Rubio had a triple double. The first Jazz player since John Stockton to have a Jazz playoff triple double. Rubio first half was 19 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. He finished the night 26 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
• Rubio controlled the entire game. He was brilliant finding the open man and executing what the Jazz needed to do offensively. He got guys great looks and executed Quin Snyder’s plan. If I understand EuroLeague correctly this may be the first time Rubio has played a series and he is seemingly understanding what the Thunder are doing and exploiting them more and more each game.
• Both Rubio and Ingles on the podium tonight after the game talked about how the offense gets them open looks and they are able to take advantage.
• The atmosphere in the building and the crowd was amazing. Joe Ingles commented that it was far different from last year’s crowd and far better. During our broadcast I took a moment for our national audience on Sirius XM to let them understand that their was a lot of the July 4th decision coming out in the crowd tonight. This was a game most Jazz fans never thought they were going to see. A playoff game in 2018 seemed like an outrageous idea when Hayward choose to go to Boston. There was an extra energy in the building and created an incredible atmosphere. Hopefully, Monday will be the same.
• The game had a crazy amount of coaching adjustments early in the game. The Jazz riddled the Thunder offense to open the game nailing really open corner 3s. Billy Donovan called timeout and went to a smaller lineup and the Thunder went on a 18 to 2 run and the Jazz looked completely off their game. Then the Jazz recovered and adjusted and went on a 22 to 4 run.
• Steven Adams was in foul trouble again tonight. The thunder lead 39-29 when he got into foul trouble 2nd quarter. By halftime the game was 58-53 Jazz lead. Then he got his 4th foul with the score Utah 65-63. The thunder had to go back to Adams with 3:00 left in the 4th quarter when the Jazz had taken a 12 point lead. The Thunder were -2 tonight when Adams was on the floor.
• Russell Westbrook was 5 of 17. He went 3 of 6 in the restricted area. That is his highest rate of shots at the rim. He was 2 of 7 in the mid range.
• The Thunder shot 14 of 28 from three and were down 20. They had an offensive rating of 105 tonight.
• Thunder only had 6 offensive rebounds tonight. They only had 4 fast break points.
• The Jazz forced the Thunder into the final 8 seconds of the shot clock 14 times in the first three quarters and the Thunder shot 3 of 14 and Westbrook was 0 for 5.
• The Jazz biggest run of the game came after Donovan Mitchell went out with 4 fouls.
• Joe Inlges got going tonight with 21 points on 5 of 10 from three and 4 assists.
• The Jazz offensive rating tonight was a 119. That is the 14th best offensive night of the year for the Jazz. This would be the item that would be most concerning for me if I was the Thunder. The Jazz offensive rating in game 1 was a 107 in game 2 it was 103 and tonight they exploded.
• The jazz trailed by 45-33 with 7:20 left in the 2nd and then lead by 106-86 with 5:00 left in the 4th 20 points in the 4th. That is a 32 point swing in a span of 26 minutes. 73 to 41. That is not a close game.
• See you Monday
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups