EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
SUMMARY: The Thunder brought the heat to open the game the Jazz handled it and blew the game open and won 113 to 96 now lead the series 3 games to 1.
- The Thunder came with incredible aggression early in the game. To their credit they also played with a focus and control that lead them to a 8 point lead. The Thunder brought it and the Jazz took the hit and handled it and eventually took the game over playing their style and blew the game out.
- I really don’t think it ever crossed the Thunder’s mind that they could lose this series and the frustration is visible.
- The thunder stretched their lead to 8 but Joe Ingles had missed 4 open three pointers and the Jazz weren’t making shots. The Jazz finally clicked in and joe Ingles hit three straight threes to give the Jazz a 6 point half time lead.
- At that point it was really unclear what would happen. The Thunder had thrown everything imaginable at the Jazz. The Jazz had handled it and had a 6 point half time lead. I opened the 2nd half of the broadcast with Ron and asked is there a chance the Jazz are about to be up 15. Sure enough that is exactly what happened. The Jazz blasted them on a 9-0 run. The Jazz scored on 12 straight possessions from the 2nd quarter to the 3rd
- Russell Westbrook had 3 assists in the first quarter and none the rest of the game
- Paul George had 32 and was brilliant shooting but the Thunder big three had 57 FGA and combined for 5 assists.
- Things that make the Thunder good aren’t happening. They had just 11 fast break points, they had just 9 offensive rebounds. These are what make the Thunder tick.
- Their was no shutting down that *(^ as Ricky Rubio had 13 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists. His game maybe made for a playoff series as it is clear he is seeing the floor better and better as the series goes on.
- Donovan is amazing. 33 points. A New Jazz rookie record. It has only happened 14 times. His final line was 33 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 0 turnovers.
- Paul George has been great in the series, but Donovan and Rudy have been the two best players in the series.
- Joe Ingles got 11 three point attempts.
- The jazz defensive rating tonight was a 93.5
- The game had the most technical fouls since 2013 in a Heat v. Bulls game.
- To me this game was Rucker Park v. Team Basketball. To play at Rucker Park you have to not only be able to ball, but you have to own your terriority, you have to hold your ground. If a new group thinks they are going to be able to play at Rucker they have to prove their worthiness. The Thunder were trying to own the park. The Jazz handled that blast showed they had the resiliency and then played gorgeous team basketball with a system and structure the Thunder can’t find a counter too.
- Game 5 Wednesday in OKC
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Value of Offensive Rebounding, Conley and Favors on playing in Utah, Trend Monday
The Utah Jazz used offensive rebounding to beat the Orlando Magic. The increase in offensive rebounding is a league wide trend due to analytics. Mike Conley and Derrick Favors had interesting comments about playing in Utah in the Athletic article. It is a trend Monday as well.
Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show
If you missed tonight action, I’ll get you caught up in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz struggled in the 1st half, but found their groove in the 2nd, as Donovan Mitchell dropped 25 second half points to lead Utah to a 124-109 victory
POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic
David Locke hosts POSTCAST after each Jazz game tonight the Jazz beat the Magic with thrid quarter surge and Donovan Mitchell commanding 2nd half play.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Value of Offensive Rebounding, Conley and Favors on playing in Utah, Trend Monday March 1, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show February 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic February 27, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic February 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team
Utah Jazz4 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story