EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
SUMMARY: The Thunder brought the heat to open the game the Jazz handled it and blew the game open and won 113 to 96 now lead the series 3 games to 1.
- The Thunder came with incredible aggression early in the game. To their credit they also played with a focus and control that lead them to a 8 point lead. The Thunder brought it and the Jazz took the hit and handled it and eventually took the game over playing their style and blew the game out.
- I really don’t think it ever crossed the Thunder’s mind that they could lose this series and the frustration is visible.
- The thunder stretched their lead to 8 but Joe Ingles had missed 4 open three pointers and the Jazz weren’t making shots. The Jazz finally clicked in and joe Ingles hit three straight threes to give the Jazz a 6 point half time lead.
- At that point it was really unclear what would happen. The Thunder had thrown everything imaginable at the Jazz. The Jazz had handled it and had a 6 point half time lead. I opened the 2nd half of the broadcast with Ron and asked is there a chance the Jazz are about to be up 15. Sure enough that is exactly what happened. The Jazz blasted them on a 9-0 run. The Jazz scored on 12 straight possessions from the 2nd quarter to the 3rd
- Russell Westbrook had 3 assists in the first quarter and none the rest of the game
- Paul George had 32 and was brilliant shooting but the Thunder big three had 57 FGA and combined for 5 assists.
- Things that make the Thunder good aren’t happening. They had just 11 fast break points, they had just 9 offensive rebounds. These are what make the Thunder tick.
- Their was no shutting down that *(^ as Ricky Rubio had 13 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists. His game maybe made for a playoff series as it is clear he is seeing the floor better and better as the series goes on.
- Donovan is amazing. 33 points. A New Jazz rookie record. It has only happened 14 times. His final line was 33 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 0 turnovers.
- Paul George has been great in the series, but Donovan and Rudy have been the two best players in the series.
- Joe Ingles got 11 three point attempts.
- The jazz defensive rating tonight was a 93.5
- The game had the most technical fouls since 2013 in a Heat v. Bulls game.
- To me this game was Rucker Park v. Team Basketball. To play at Rucker Park you have to not only be able to ball, but you have to own your terriority, you have to hold your ground. If a new group thinks they are going to be able to play at Rucker they have to prove their worthiness. The Thunder were trying to own the park. The Jazz handled that blast showed they had the resiliency and then played gorgeous team basketball with a system and structure the Thunder can’t find a counter too.
- Game 5 Wednesday in OKC
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022