SUMMARY: The Jazz rebound from a weekend of no rebounding to rebound with a win over the Philadelphia 76ers
- This one is about getting better and improving a weakness. The Jazz had a tough defensive rebounding weekend in Sacramento and Los Angeles and tonight they played the #1 offensive and #1 defensive rebounding team in the NBA. The Jazz won the rebounding battle. The Jazz grabbed 84% of the defensive rebounding tonight.
- The Jazz defense was again very good tonight. Harris finished 4 of 11, Al Horford was 3 of 14 and Joel Embiid was 5 of 16. The Sixers got to the free throw line 34 times and made 30 so the overall defensive rating was not elite but it was a 104, 6 below the league average and the Sixers came in as the 14th ranked offense
- Ben Simmons got hit on the shoulder when he ran into Royce O’Neale in the first half and didn’t return. He played just 10 minutes
- Donovan Mitchell opened the night hitting on 5 of 6 mid range jump shots as Embiid dropped all the way to the rim and that got the Jazz offense going.
- Late in the game the Jazz held off the Sixers rally and made the plays offensively with multiple options on the offensive side of the ball. The Jazz were running a peal action with Bojan Bodganovic coming up to pick or run off Donovan’s man and the defense had to decide if they were going to switch or stay with their man. On one of the biggest plays they got confused and Donovan flared it to Bojan who nailed the three. Donovan rose his hands before the shot went in. It was 103-101 when Bojan nailed this three to give the Jazz are 5 point lead with 1:39 left
- The Sixers are exclusively a catch and shoot three point team and the Jazz made it tough to get those looks tonight
- The Sixers are the 2nd best team in the NBA at denying the three and the Jazz took just 22 of their 89 shots as threes tonight
- Raul Neto played 30 minutes for the Sixers tonight and was good. He finished 5 of 11 with 11 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 4 turnovers.
- Mike Conley finished a +19
- The O Lineup (Conley, Donovan, Bojan, Joe and Gobert) was +1 tonight closing both the 2nd and 4th quarter
- Bojan had 5 assists. He did that 4 times all of last year
- Tony Bradley had 8 points and 3 offensive rebounds and had to deal with Al Horford and Joel Embiid
- At the end of the first half the Jazz had 11 fouls on them and the Sixers had 5 and somehow by the end of the night the foul calls were even.
- Jazz had 14 offensive rebounds and 29% offensive rebounding rate. This is really important to this team’s success
- Solid win. Bucks on Friday
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022