SUMMARY: The Jazz rebound from a weekend of no rebounding to rebound with a win over the Philadelphia 76ers
- This one is about getting better and improving a weakness. The Jazz had a tough defensive rebounding weekend in Sacramento and Los Angeles and tonight they played the #1 offensive and #1 defensive rebounding team in the NBA. The Jazz won the rebounding battle. The Jazz grabbed 84% of the defensive rebounding tonight.
- The Jazz defense was again very good tonight. Harris finished 4 of 11, Al Horford was 3 of 14 and Joel Embiid was 5 of 16. The Sixers got to the free throw line 34 times and made 30 so the overall defensive rating was not elite but it was a 104, 6 below the league average and the Sixers came in as the 14th ranked offense
- Ben Simmons got hit on the shoulder when he ran into Royce O’Neale in the first half and didn’t return. He played just 10 minutes
- Donovan Mitchell opened the night hitting on 5 of 6 mid range jump shots as Embiid dropped all the way to the rim and that got the Jazz offense going.
- Late in the game the Jazz held off the Sixers rally and made the plays offensively with multiple options on the offensive side of the ball. The Jazz were running a peal action with Bojan Bodganovic coming up to pick or run off Donovan’s man and the defense had to decide if they were going to switch or stay with their man. On one of the biggest plays they got confused and Donovan flared it to Bojan who nailed the three. Donovan rose his hands before the shot went in. It was 103-101 when Bojan nailed this three to give the Jazz are 5 point lead with 1:39 left
- The Sixers are exclusively a catch and shoot three point team and the Jazz made it tough to get those looks tonight
- The Sixers are the 2nd best team in the NBA at denying the three and the Jazz took just 22 of their 89 shots as threes tonight
- Raul Neto played 30 minutes for the Sixers tonight and was good. He finished 5 of 11 with 11 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 4 turnovers.
- Mike Conley finished a +19
- The O Lineup (Conley, Donovan, Bojan, Joe and Gobert) was +1 tonight closing both the 2nd and 4th quarter
- Bojan had 5 assists. He did that 4 times all of last year
- Tony Bradley had 8 points and 3 offensive rebounds and had to deal with Al Horford and Joel Embiid
- At the end of the first half the Jazz had 11 fouls on them and the Sixers had 5 and somehow by the end of the night the foul calls were even.
- Jazz had 14 offensive rebounds and 29% offensive rebounding rate. This is really important to this team’s success
- Solid win. Bucks on Friday
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns
The Utah Jazz fall 0-2 to Phoenix Suns in a back-to-back fight without Mitchell and Gobert. Jordan Clarkson gets hot leading the Jazz with 26 points and hitting 6 of 12 three-pointers. Devin Booker leads the Suns once again with a 43 point performance. Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Kristen Spear.
POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns
the Utah Jazz lost their 9th game of their last 11 but tonight has a lot to build on as the Jazz halfcourt defense without Rudy Gobert was terrific. Devin Booker was dominate early and Chris Paul late but the Jazz withstood it all to be there right in the end. A mystery foul by Hassan Whiteside ended the Jazz quest for a stunning upset of the league’s best Phoenix Suns. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game
Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want
The same old Utah Jazz. It is what you hear around town. Same old Utah Jazz with lots of wins, all-stars and tons of fun, A perspective switch in the midst of a losing streak. Then a look at what the numbers are saying about the playoffs. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Then we continue the look around the NBA at who would we like.
- Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns January 27, 2022
- POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns January 27, 2022
- Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want January 26, 2022
- Change the mindset, avoid the 7 seed, the delicate balance of the Utah Jazz and do they have anyone we want January 25, 2022
- Jazz game rewind – Suns show why they’re the best in the West January 25, 2022
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz are getting better from this stretch and how the offense has had to change
Utah Jazz1 week ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gobert returns and the Utah Jazz roll plus a preview of Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
1,000 and Feb 2047, Theory on Jordan Clarkson and Joe Ingles shooing woes