SUMMARY: The Jazz rebound from a weekend of no rebounding to rebound with a win over the Philadelphia 76ers
- This one is about getting better and improving a weakness. The Jazz had a tough defensive rebounding weekend in Sacramento and Los Angeles and tonight they played the #1 offensive and #1 defensive rebounding team in the NBA. The Jazz won the rebounding battle. The Jazz grabbed 84% of the defensive rebounding tonight.
- The Jazz defense was again very good tonight. Harris finished 4 of 11, Al Horford was 3 of 14 and Joel Embiid was 5 of 16. The Sixers got to the free throw line 34 times and made 30 so the overall defensive rating was not elite but it was a 104, 6 below the league average and the Sixers came in as the 14th ranked offense
- Ben Simmons got hit on the shoulder when he ran into Royce O’Neale in the first half and didn’t return. He played just 10 minutes
- Donovan Mitchell opened the night hitting on 5 of 6 mid range jump shots as Embiid dropped all the way to the rim and that got the Jazz offense going.
- Late in the game the Jazz held off the Sixers rally and made the plays offensively with multiple options on the offensive side of the ball. The Jazz were running a peal action with Bojan Bodganovic coming up to pick or run off Donovan’s man and the defense had to decide if they were going to switch or stay with their man. On one of the biggest plays they got confused and Donovan flared it to Bojan who nailed the three. Donovan rose his hands before the shot went in. It was 103-101 when Bojan nailed this three to give the Jazz are 5 point lead with 1:39 left
- The Sixers are exclusively a catch and shoot three point team and the Jazz made it tough to get those looks tonight
- The Sixers are the 2nd best team in the NBA at denying the three and the Jazz took just 22 of their 89 shots as threes tonight
- Raul Neto played 30 minutes for the Sixers tonight and was good. He finished 5 of 11 with 11 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 4 turnovers.
- Mike Conley finished a +19
- The O Lineup (Conley, Donovan, Bojan, Joe and Gobert) was +1 tonight closing both the 2nd and 4th quarter
- Bojan had 5 assists. He did that 4 times all of last year
- Tony Bradley had 8 points and 3 offensive rebounds and had to deal with Al Horford and Joel Embiid
- At the end of the first half the Jazz had 11 fouls on them and the Sixers had 5 and somehow by the end of the night the foul calls were even.
- Jazz had 14 offensive rebounds and 29% offensive rebounding rate. This is really important to this team’s success
- Solid win. Bucks on Friday
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz vs Kings 01/18/20
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz vs Kings 01/18/20
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz blow out the Kings as Rudy Gobert dominates and Mike Conley returns
Utah Jazz blow out the Sacramento Kings as Rudy Gobert and Bojan Bogdanovic dominate the game and Mike Conley returns.
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Astros cheating scandal NBA version and would you be ok as a fan, plus Nets and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – A meandering Friday show keeps leading back to the Utah Jazz might be really good.
Utah Jazz4 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Holy Cow were the Utah Jazz outstanding last night
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Are the Utah Jazz who we thought they were? Where do the Jazz project? Donovan Mitchell in the Clutch