EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Utah Jazz win their 9th straight in a full out tussle with Sacramento Kings.
- At some point the numbers were going to flip on the Jazz and it happened tonight. The Kings made everything. They nailed 14 of 21 from, prior to that opponents had shot 28% from 3. The Jazz who had been hot from three went cold and hit on just 6 of 24 from three. Yet, the Jazz found a way to win against an energetic hard fighting team.
- Donovan Mitchell was brilliant. He scored 17 2nd half points and in some ways this is near the top of my list of Donovan Mitchell nights. He didn’t have the 3 ball going at all tonight. He went 1 for 8 and yet he found a way to go 10 for 13 inside the arch and carried the Jazz to the win. He drove and drove and drove to the basket and found ways to get by defenders and find shooting windows. He was relentless. With all of his brilliant play this year we have gotten used to night like this, but if he had done this and only this this season I would be over the moon about who he was going to be as a player.
- The Jazz lead the game 32-27 after 1 but the Kings won the 2nd quarter 27-18 and the Jazz offense was way off its game. The Kings started by doubling the pick and roll and the Jazz couldn’t get the ball moving, then the Kings adjusted as the night went on and the Jazz had a hard time getting a rhythm.
- The Jazz bench had a hard time tonight. Dante Exum is doing a great job competing and his drive game is on point and some of his defense was terrific tonight. However, when he has been on the floor the Jazz are having a hard time making shots.
- Joe Ingles became the Jazz all time single season three point leader with a mammoth three late in the 4th quarter that was as important as any basket the Jazz had tonight.
- Royce O’Neale got the assignment to slow down Buddy Heild who was on fire tonight and has scored 20 points in three straight games. Heild used to be one of the worst off the bounce three point shooters but he made those tonight and if that is a precursor of what is to come he is going to be a really nice player. O’Neale broke his rhythm and did exactly what the Jazz needed.
- Rudy Gobert had the block of the night. With the game still in the balance Bogdan Bogdanovic drove to the basket and Gobert came over and blocked the shot. His defense was mammoth on this play and as usual all night.
- The Jazz didn’t allow a fast break point in the 2nd half after allowing 12 in the first half.
- The Jazz lineup of Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder and Gobert went on a 7-0 run in the 1st quarter a 11-6 run in the 2nd and went on a 9-0 run in the 3rd quarter and then closed the final 3:00 minutes of the game on a 16-9 run. If I am correct on this the lineup was 43-15 when on the floor for a +28. The rest of the team was a -22 which isn’t great but the Jazz have something with this lineup.
- Jazz sit in 5th in the Western Conference.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022