SUMMARY: Shorthanded Jazz team beats an equally shorthanded Suns team 118-97
- The Jazz came to Phoenix without Derrick Favors, Kyle Korver and Dante Exum. Before warm ups Jae Crowder was out and after warm ups Ricky Rubio was out. However, the game changer was Devin Booker spraining his ankle and leaving the game with 4:29 left in the first quarter and the Suns leading 21-12
- The Suns started 10-0 and 15-2. By the end of the first the Jazz had it down to 6 and the Jazz took the lead at 40-39 and never relented.
- Joe Ingles was the star of the game for the Jazz tonight. Phoenix played him to go right as dramatically as any team has all season. Igor know Joe. Joe showed great development of his game with the ability to answer to what the Suns were doing to him. He told us post game that Ekpe Udoh helped him on how to run the pick and roll against their over shading and that when Rudy returned he followed the lead of Ekpe. Joe was snaking the pick and roll so he could get back to his left hand at time and at other times get a flipped pick that got him back to his left hand. It was a brilliant performance from Joe who by the night’s end had equaled his career high 27 points along with 5 rebounds and 8 assists.
- Donovan Mitchell finished with 29 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists. There is a level of awesomeness to this line because it wasn’t flashy at all. He just got it done. He is deadly right now on a catch and shoot 3. He is over 50% on catch and shoot 3 point shots since Jan 1st.
- In a statistical abnormality the Jazz had 11 field goals in every quarter.
- The Jazz had a 33 point advantage behind the three point line. The Jazz hit on 16 threes again tonight on 32 attempts. The Jazz are also the best team in the NBA at not allowing a 3 and tonight the Suns went just 5 of 21
- The Jazz shot distribution was brilliant again. 41% of the shots at the rim and 41% of their shots as three point shots.
- Rudy Gobert for the last 10 games is averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds and shooting 79%. Tonight he had 17 points and 13 rebounds on 7 of 9 shooting. Just to add to his greatness he had 3 assists and 5 block shots. The Suns got to the rim a ton tonight and shot below 50% at the rim.
- The Jazz bench was awesome. Ekpe Udoh changed the game with his ability to run the pick and roll. Raul Neto who is one of the best plus minus players in the NBA did again tonight in 21 minutes he was +19. Georges Niang hit on 3 three point shots and was a plus +23.
- The highlight of the bench was Grayson Allen who coming off his brilliant G-League playoff game played with great confidence and scored 10 points on 2 of 5 from three. He was able to guard Jimmer on the defensive side.
- The Suns had decided that Jimmer Fredette would play more. He did. He played 22 minutes and scored 10 points. The Suns were -21 when he was on the floor. Jimmer can’t play pick and roll. Everytime he goes off a pick and roll he retreats back into a one on one. He doesn’t come off the pick and roll to shot, drive or pass he retreats back everytime. Then he goes one on one and he is not athletic or tall enough to play that style in the NBA. He has a decent floater game and an ok pull up but it is all off isolation drives. He is not big enough to pass when he gets in traffic. It is nice for him to get to play in the NBA again but there aren’t signs that he can be a consistent NBA player. The exciting news is he had a baby boy last week. He held a nice event after the game with the fans and I sure the ownership was very happy to have him so he could host that event and be an attraction with the season dwindling away.
- The Jazz have won 11 of 12.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022