SUMMARY: The Jazz take advantage of a Kawhi Leonard and Paul George less Los Angeles Clippers and blow out the Clippers in a night where Mountain Mike arrives
- Mike Conley lives. An 18 point third quarter by Mike Conley had the crowd buzzing for the rest of the night. Mike who is usually a very cool customer was incredible animated. When he hit a big three to force the Clippers to take a timeout out the entire team meet him at half court with excitement.
- Conley went 6 for 8 from the field and 4 for 4 from three in the 3rd quarter and the 18 points were his 2nd largest scoring quarter of his career.
- Conley finished with 29 points of 11 of 17 shooting and 5 of 8 from three. The Jazz have now won games behind the offense of Donovan Mitchell, Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley. That is exactly how the team was constructed.
- The constant so far is the Jazz defense. Tonight the Clippers were very limited so it was not a great test, but nonetheless the Jazz for the 5th straight game held a team below 100 points a possession. The Jazz did this 46% of the time last year and when a team does this they win 86% of the time.
- Rudy Gobert is completely altering the opponents shot charts. The Jazz forced the Clippers into taking over 50% of their shots as mid range shots in this game. It is really hard to win when your shot chart is that skewed.
- The Jazz lead by 10 after 1 but were only up when by halftime. Then the Jazz blitzed the Clippers in the 3rd
- The Jazz changed their rotations tonight to let the bench players play longer stints and more collective mintues. It will be interesting to see if this is a new model for the Jazz. They went back to Mike Conley only playing 2 stints a quarter and this allowed Mudiay, Green, Davis, etc to play an extended run and they did very well against the short handed Clippers.
- The Clippers only took 24% of their shots at the rim tonight.
- Joe Ingles was +27 in 31 minutes
- The Jazz went to their offensive lineup of Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert and couldn’t score to close the first half and were on the wrong side of a 14 to 2 run.
- Donovan Mitchell 10 of 17. Only 2 three point shots but he is incredibly efficient right now
- 4-1 start. Interesting next 5 games for the Jazz. Will Joel Embiid be suspended? The Warriors without Steph. Will the Kings come out with all sorts of juice or are they broken? What are the Clippers with Kawhi like?
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition