SUMMARY: The Jazz take advantage of a Kawhi Leonard and Paul George less Los Angeles Clippers and blow out the Clippers in a night where Mountain Mike arrives
- Mike Conley lives. An 18 point third quarter by Mike Conley had the crowd buzzing for the rest of the night. Mike who is usually a very cool customer was incredible animated. When he hit a big three to force the Clippers to take a timeout out the entire team meet him at half court with excitement.
- Conley went 6 for 8 from the field and 4 for 4 from three in the 3rd quarter and the 18 points were his 2nd largest scoring quarter of his career.
- Conley finished with 29 points of 11 of 17 shooting and 5 of 8 from three. The Jazz have now won games behind the offense of Donovan Mitchell, Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley. That is exactly how the team was constructed.
- The constant so far is the Jazz defense. Tonight the Clippers were very limited so it was not a great test, but nonetheless the Jazz for the 5th straight game held a team below 100 points a possession. The Jazz did this 46% of the time last year and when a team does this they win 86% of the time.
- Rudy Gobert is completely altering the opponents shot charts. The Jazz forced the Clippers into taking over 50% of their shots as mid range shots in this game. It is really hard to win when your shot chart is that skewed.
- The Jazz lead by 10 after 1 but were only up when by halftime. Then the Jazz blitzed the Clippers in the 3rd
- The Jazz changed their rotations tonight to let the bench players play longer stints and more collective mintues. It will be interesting to see if this is a new model for the Jazz. They went back to Mike Conley only playing 2 stints a quarter and this allowed Mudiay, Green, Davis, etc to play an extended run and they did very well against the short handed Clippers.
- The Clippers only took 24% of their shots at the rim tonight.
- Joe Ingles was +27 in 31 minutes
- The Jazz went to their offensive lineup of Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert and couldn’t score to close the first half and were on the wrong side of a 14 to 2 run.
- Donovan Mitchell 10 of 17. Only 2 three point shots but he is incredibly efficient right now
- 4-1 start. Interesting next 5 games for the Jazz. Will Joel Embiid be suspended? The Warriors without Steph. Will the Kings come out with all sorts of juice or are they broken? What are the Clippers with Kawhi like?
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022