SUMMARY: The Jazz take advantage of a Kawhi Leonard and Paul George less Los Angeles Clippers and blow out the Clippers in a night where Mountain Mike arrives
- Mike Conley lives. An 18 point third quarter by Mike Conley had the crowd buzzing for the rest of the night. Mike who is usually a very cool customer was incredible animated. When he hit a big three to force the Clippers to take a timeout out the entire team meet him at half court with excitement.
- Conley went 6 for 8 from the field and 4 for 4 from three in the 3rd quarter and the 18 points were his 2nd largest scoring quarter of his career.
- Conley finished with 29 points of 11 of 17 shooting and 5 of 8 from three. The Jazz have now won games behind the offense of Donovan Mitchell, Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley. That is exactly how the team was constructed.
- The constant so far is the Jazz defense. Tonight the Clippers were very limited so it was not a great test, but nonetheless the Jazz for the 5th straight game held a team below 100 points a possession. The Jazz did this 46% of the time last year and when a team does this they win 86% of the time.
- Rudy Gobert is completely altering the opponents shot charts. The Jazz forced the Clippers into taking over 50% of their shots as mid range shots in this game. It is really hard to win when your shot chart is that skewed.
- The Jazz lead by 10 after 1 but were only up when by halftime. Then the Jazz blitzed the Clippers in the 3rd
- The Jazz changed their rotations tonight to let the bench players play longer stints and more collective mintues. It will be interesting to see if this is a new model for the Jazz. They went back to Mike Conley only playing 2 stints a quarter and this allowed Mudiay, Green, Davis, etc to play an extended run and they did very well against the short handed Clippers.
- The Clippers only took 24% of their shots at the rim tonight.
- Joe Ingles was +27 in 31 minutes
- The Jazz went to their offensive lineup of Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert and couldn’t score to close the first half and were on the wrong side of a 14 to 2 run.
- Donovan Mitchell 10 of 17. Only 2 three point shots but he is incredibly efficient right now
- 4-1 start. Interesting next 5 games for the Jazz. Will Joel Embiid be suspended? The Warriors without Steph. Will the Kings come out with all sorts of juice or are they broken? What are the Clippers with Kawhi like?
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Quin on Utah Jazz fans, Defense v. Pacers, Offense Sustainabilty and Time Machine Tuesday
The Utah Jazz continue to roll. In what was thought to be a test the Utah Jazz blew out a tired Indiana Pacers team. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, breaks down the Jazz defensive performance and the unrelenting offense the Jazz are putting out on a night in and night out basis. Then it is time for Time Machine Tuesday as we go back and find 40 year old men playing 48 minutes and leading the Jazz to an overtime win.
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz vs Pacers 01/20/20
Recap Utah’s game against the Indiana Pacers with Amanda Smith.
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz blow out the Indiana Pacers. Locke and Boone break it down
The Utah Jazz blow out the Indiana Pacers in a very impressive performance. David Locke and Ron Boone break it down
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Astros cheating scandal NBA version and would you be ok as a fan, plus Nets and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz7 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Holy Cow were the Utah Jazz outstanding last night
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – A meandering Friday show keeps leading back to the Utah Jazz might be really good.
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Are the Utah Jazz who we thought they were? Where do the Jazz project? Donovan Mitchell in the Clutch