SUMMARY: The Jazz take advantage of a Kawhi Leonard and Paul George less Los Angeles Clippers and blow out the Clippers in a night where Mountain Mike arrives
- Mike Conley lives. An 18 point third quarter by Mike Conley had the crowd buzzing for the rest of the night. Mike who is usually a very cool customer was incredible animated. When he hit a big three to force the Clippers to take a timeout out the entire team meet him at half court with excitement.
- Conley went 6 for 8 from the field and 4 for 4 from three in the 3rd quarter and the 18 points were his 2nd largest scoring quarter of his career.
- Conley finished with 29 points of 11 of 17 shooting and 5 of 8 from three. The Jazz have now won games behind the offense of Donovan Mitchell, Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley. That is exactly how the team was constructed.
- The constant so far is the Jazz defense. Tonight the Clippers were very limited so it was not a great test, but nonetheless the Jazz for the 5th straight game held a team below 100 points a possession. The Jazz did this 46% of the time last year and when a team does this they win 86% of the time.
- Rudy Gobert is completely altering the opponents shot charts. The Jazz forced the Clippers into taking over 50% of their shots as mid range shots in this game. It is really hard to win when your shot chart is that skewed.
- The Jazz lead by 10 after 1 but were only up when by halftime. Then the Jazz blitzed the Clippers in the 3rd
- The Jazz changed their rotations tonight to let the bench players play longer stints and more collective mintues. It will be interesting to see if this is a new model for the Jazz. They went back to Mike Conley only playing 2 stints a quarter and this allowed Mudiay, Green, Davis, etc to play an extended run and they did very well against the short handed Clippers.
- The Clippers only took 24% of their shots at the rim tonight.
- Joe Ingles was +27 in 31 minutes
- The Jazz went to their offensive lineup of Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert and couldn’t score to close the first half and were on the wrong side of a 14 to 2 run.
- Donovan Mitchell 10 of 17. Only 2 three point shots but he is incredibly efficient right now
- 4-1 start. Interesting next 5 games for the Jazz. Will Joel Embiid be suspended? The Warriors without Steph. Will the Kings come out with all sorts of juice or are they broken? What are the Clippers with Kawhi like?
JAZZ GAME REWIND – Jazz come from behind to take down the Nets
Re-live the Jazz win over the Brooklyn Nets via the radio highlights. Voiced by Jake Snelson
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Impressive late game win, Gobert impact, playing with eyes out
The Utah Jazz won a come from behind win against the Brooklyn Nets. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look a how the Jazz managed the win, breaks down the late and looks at the impact of Rudy Gobert. Locke voices concern on where the Jazz are taking their shots and the lack of rim and threes. In addition, Locke takes a look at Mudiay and Green and their mammoth impact on the win.
POSTCAST – Locke and Boone after the Jazz scrap to impressive win over Nets
Utah Jazz notch an impressive win over the Brooklyn Nets. David Locke and Ron Boone break down the Jazz victory
Utah Jazz1 day ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – A win that a really team gets for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Sixers are daunting, Ben Simmons is regressing, Sample Sample size but
Utah Jazz2 days ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Jazz dominate and get offense rolling in win over Warriors
Utah Jazz5 days ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Bojan Bogdanovic at the buzzer wins it for the Jazz