SUMMARY: Jazz wanted to win. Leading them to their largest come from behind win of the year in Detroit.
• The Jazz started terribly. It was Pistons 7-0 at the first timeout. By the end of the first quarter it was 31-13. The Jazz weren’t hitting shots, weren’t making defensive plays and the Pistons had just pummeled the Jazz.
• The Jazz cut the game to 5 by the half but in the first half they lost Dante Exum to a sprained ankle and Thabo Sefolosha to a hamstring strain. Shorthanded the Jazz fell back behind by 10 in the 3rd quarter when they started slowly.
• Rudy Gobert only played 7 minutes of the first half due to foul trouble. The two calls with my the rookie official were awful.
• Then Donovan Mitchell happened. Donovan started the 3rd quarter terribly. He had two turnovers, made some other mistakes and got pulled out of the game. He was 1 for 5 with 2 points. Then he exploded over the next 17 minutes. He finished with 24 points in the 2nd half, his 4th largest 2nd half outburst. He did in array of manners.
• Antonio Lang mentioned at halftime that the Pistons were 29th defending at the rim and the Jazz had to commit to getting to the rim more. Donovan did exactly that.
• The Jazz went on a 19-8 run from the end of the third into the 4th quarter
• Quin Snyder dialed up a huge Kyle Korver three out of a timeout. Again. It took the Jazz from down 84-80 to within 1 and then on the next possession Jae Crowder found Rudy Gobert for a dunk and the Jazz had their first lead of the game with 8:03 left in the 4th quarter
• The Jazz stretched the lead to 99-88 after Korver got another three, Crowder had a dunk and Ingles went to corner for a big three. Pistons made it a little exciting late, but Donovan Mitchell scored 7 straight Jazz points to preserve the win,
• Jae Crowder was 1 for 8 and was +10 it felt like he was +10 and really important in the game.
• Blake Griffin has been unleashed and he is something else, 34 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals on 13 of 21 shooting and 3 of 7 from three. That is incredible.
• Jazz had a 109 offensive rating and 104 defensive rating. Not the usual dominating defensive performance. Not easy to win on the road when they have 2 days rest and you are on a back to back.
• Jazz grabbed 88% of the defensive rebounds against one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the NBA
• Raul Neto played 12 very important valuable minutes
• Solid win that the Jazz needed to get. Jazz are now 3-1 in their 4 games against lesser teams. They had won 11 road games.
• The Jazz have the 2nd best efficiency differential in the NBA since the Kyle Korver trade.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades