SUMMARY: A night when the Memphis Grizzlies honored Mike Conley for his time with the franchise their new star Ja Morant gave their fans the ultimate cheer
- Jazz offense looked better than it had all season in the opening quarter getting great looks and wide open threes but they weren’t able to knock them down. It was crazy balls were doing deep in the cup and popping out. This is the offense we had been hoping to see, but the shots didn’t fall.
- In the second half the Jazz weren’t making shots but they were living at the free throw line.
- A few times during the game it felt like the Jazz were on the verge of pulling away and when they didn’t it was clear the game was going to wire.
- Memphis is likely the worst team in the Western Conference and they have won three straight with wins on the road at Charlotte and San Antonio and now a home win v. Utah. This may not be true because of Ja Morant and if Golden State sits Steph. This team is pretty good, there are no easy nights in the West.
- Ja Morant is outstanding. He is the best rookie since Donovan. He is taking over games and the best player on the floor for extended periods the way Donovan was three years ago. He has amazing control of the dribble, he has a great wiggle and he can really elevate around the rim. Most impressive, was how smart he was with his choices and his attack
- Mike Conley had a tough night in his return to Memphis. He didn’t get a field goal in 3 attempts in the first quarter and was 2 of 8 in the first half. He hit some big shots late in the game with 6 points and 2 assists in the 4th
- The Jazz 2nd quarter was tough. They took just 6 threes out of 23 shot attempts and shot and only had 2 free throws and had 7 turnovers.
- Rudy Gobert was magnificent again. He was 9 of 11 and had 23 points and 17 rebounds. In the last three games he is now 27 of 32 from the field. He added 9 screen assists
- Donovan had 29 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Jazz were 9 of 34 from three.
- Memphis did some nice things late when they played Morant in a pick and roll with the power forward and kept Gobert occupied on the weak side with Jonas Valancinus allowing Morant to have room to drive.
- The Jazz were -11 in the 11 minutes Rudy Gobert was off the floor and had a tough time in pick and roll defense.
- The Jazz defensive rating with Rudy Gobert on the floor was a 96.1 and with him off the floor was a 117.9
- Sure looks like Donovan Mitchell was fouled on the final play
- My overall feeling is there are too many bad offensive possessions, a dribble fest till 11 on the clock and then passing out of the post (happened 3 times) a fast break with open shooters on the wing that are ignored (happened once) mid range jumper too early in the clock. When each of those cost you a little bit by the end of the night it is a bad offensive night.
POSTCAST – Jazz get revenge and catch fire v. Pelicans
The Utah Jazz came out a ball of fire after losing to the Pelicans last night and blew out the Pelicans. Donovan Mitchell started the onslaught and everyone jumped aboard. Plus, some brutal three point shooting by the Pelicans David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
POSTCAST – The Jazz lose another close one at home as a review opens the door for the New Orleans Pelicans
The Utah Jazz fall to the New Orleans Pelicans as Devonte Graham hits a three in the final seconds. For the Utah Jazz its the 4th lose at home in the last 6 games and it is another close loss. when the ball didn’t bounce their way. Donovan Mitchell had hit a three that looked like it clinched a win for the Jazz pulling a rabbit out of the hat, but the call was overturned it gave the Pelicans another chance which they took for the win.
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each game
Best ball movement of the season? Lineup issues and new stats
Hope you had a great thenksgiving. The Utah Jazz are back at it tonight v. New Orleans. We will prview that game as well as looking back at the OKC game where Quin Snyder said the first quarter was the best ball movement of the season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus, we will look at a lineup that is an issue and some other notes around the NBA before discussing Seth Partnow’s book
- POSTCAST – Jazz get revenge and catch fire v. Pelicans November 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Jazz lose another close one at home as a review opens the door for the New Orleans Pelicans November 27, 2021
- Best ball movement of the season? Lineup issues and new stats November 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz fight through battle with Thunder November 24, 2021
- Dissapointing loss to Memphis Grizzlies, Defensive deep dive and some lineup issues November 23, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Rudy Gay’s debut and journey, A single play for Joe Ingles and 3 players are busting the NBA
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Rudy Gay returns, Toronto Raptors might be worst matchup for Utah Jazz and aging
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
What is going on with the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gay shines in his debut and Utah Jazz three point shooting arrives