A quick emptying the noggin on the Utah Jazz 18-19 Schedule
- The Jazz open on the 17th in Sacramento and then come home to play Golden State.
- Jazz have 11 National TV games
- Gordon Hayward returns to Salt Lake City on Friday November 9th. Home game #6 and it is on ESPN. Wonder if Gordon will be playing every game at that point or if he will be resting for certain games.
- LeBron comes to town on January 11th and March 27th , the Warriors two visits are October 19th and December 19th
- I said today on Locked on Jazz the first thing to check is who do we only play 3 times. The Jazz play the Spurs and Warriors twice at home and only once on the road and the Jazz play Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans twice on the road and only once at home. That is much more favorable than last season.
- The league has made amazing progress in the elimination of 4 games in 5 nights, significant travel on back to backs and time zone back to backs. The Jazz are down to 14 back to backs this season. More importantly, 2 of them don’t include travel. Moreover, of the 12 back to back that include travel only 4 of them have a time zone change. The back to backs aren’t great, but the real problem is the travel on the back to backs. The West to East travel is particularly bad and the Jazz only change time zones on 4 back to backs.
- Fans get 17 of the 41 home games on a Friday or Saturday night.
- The Jazz schedule is pretty fair, they play 10 games when they are rested and the opponent is not, they play 10 games the opponent is rested and they are not and they play 62 games when teams are at equal rest. The NBA has made amazing strides in the scheduling.
- One of the toughest stretches of the season comes in December. It starts on December 9th with a back to back in San Antonio and Oklahoma City. Then the Jazz come home for a single game against Miami before heading back out to Mexcio City. There is three day break but Mexico City has a lot more than basketball to the trip. Then Jazz leave Mexico City and go to Houston before returning home for one game against the Warriors and then right back out to Porltand before coming home for Oklahoma City on a West to East back to back. That is brutal. 8 games, 7 playoff caliber teams in 3 time zones and 9 plane flghts.
- Strange road trip of the year is the Jazz first one. It has a back to back in the middle with 2 days off on each side of the back to back. This is for player rest but the Jazz will play Houston on Wednesday and then not play again until Saturday in New Orleans. Then after playing Dallas on Sunday they won’t play Minnesota till Wednesday.
- Jazz play Memphis in 2 of their first 3 home games of the season when you would presume both Marc Gasol and Mike Conley are healthy.
- Jazz are home a lot in January from the 9th to 25th with only one road game in between. Think Snow. The Jazz are only on the road for four single trips (Clippers, Minnesota, Portland and Golden State) from Jan 9th to all-star break
- Time will tell but the close to the Jazz season looks like the softest part of the schedule. The Jazz play Phoenix on the 13th of March and in the final 16 games the Jazz play 4 projected playoff teams (6 if you include the Lakers which we should)
- Two home games a month that is all we ask. This would be my ultimate ticket package. In October/November (I get three games) I am going to Jazz v. Warriors opener, Jazz v. Raptors on November 5th and November 9th Boston and Hayward. In December, James Harden and the Rockets on December 6th and then Christmas is going to be amazing v. Portland. In January, LeBron and the Lakers come in on the 11th and Denver on the 23rd of January should be a great game. In February it could be the month of rookies since Atlanta with Trae Young, Phoenix with DeAndre Ayton and Luka Doncic comes to town with Dallas. March is the month of young great players. Giannnis Antetokounmpo and Milwaukee come to town on the 2nd and Anthony Davis and New Orleans play on 4th of March. But I will have to bypass one of them to see Oklahoma City on the 11th of March and LeBron comes back on March 27th. Heck, I need way more than 2 games a month to get this done.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC
David Locke chats with Jazz head coach Quin Snyder prior to tip against OKC.
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC May 14, 2021
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition