EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: In a Western Conference where seemingly no one ever losses the Jazz won a must win against the lowly Sacramento Kings
- The Jazz hit a three early in the 2nd quarter to take a 28-20 lead early in the 2nd The Jazz would lead for 7 or more for the entire game until the final minutes. It was a methodical professional win for the Jazz and it was their 14th win in 16 games.
- The game was never in doubt and the Jazz did exactly what they needed to do.
- Leaving the game a lot of the people around the Kings were raving about how the Jazz play. They commented that every thing is done with a purpose. That the Jazz are so structured and that they were in command of how the game was played.
- The Jazz had a great defensive game. Rudy Gobert was dominant in a subtle way. It was huge block shots or plays you would put on a highlight reel it was simply his presence. The Kings didn’t even try to get to the basket when he was in the game. According to my notes, they didn’t take a shot in the restricted area against Rudy until the 2nd
- In the first quarter, the Kings shot 2 for 12 in the paint.
- The Jazz finally got the three ball going tonight. They hit on 11 of 32, which isn’t great but it is better than they have been shooting recently. Jae Crowder and Jonas Jerebko hit the threes they were missing in night’s past with Crowder going 3 for 5 and Jerebko going 2 for 5.
- Ricky Rubio had 10 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals. He only made 4 of 16 shots which the Jazz could over come against the Kings, but against some of the better teams that will need to be improved.
- It is unclear who the Jazz 2nd option is offensively and it will likely have to come as the offense creates for whomever is open.
- Jazz had their ball movement and blender going more tonight than they have in the past games
- Donovan Mitchell scored 25 points for the 21st time in his first 60 games as a pro. This has only been exceeded by Shaq and Allen Iverson since 1992. David Robinson and Michael Jordan get added to the list if you would like to go back farther.
- Donovan did it efficiently tonight 27 points on 15 shot attempts as he went to the line 10 times and made all 10 free throws.
- Derrick Favors continues to be terrific. He is a beast around the basket and is dunking everything he can. He had 15 points and 8 rebounds and hit a three.
- Nothing fancy about tonight just a must needed win. 8 straight on the road
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition