EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: In a Western Conference where seemingly no one ever losses the Jazz won a must win against the lowly Sacramento Kings
- The Jazz hit a three early in the 2nd quarter to take a 28-20 lead early in the 2nd The Jazz would lead for 7 or more for the entire game until the final minutes. It was a methodical professional win for the Jazz and it was their 14th win in 16 games.
- The game was never in doubt and the Jazz did exactly what they needed to do.
- Leaving the game a lot of the people around the Kings were raving about how the Jazz play. They commented that every thing is done with a purpose. That the Jazz are so structured and that they were in command of how the game was played.
- The Jazz had a great defensive game. Rudy Gobert was dominant in a subtle way. It was huge block shots or plays you would put on a highlight reel it was simply his presence. The Kings didn’t even try to get to the basket when he was in the game. According to my notes, they didn’t take a shot in the restricted area against Rudy until the 2nd
- In the first quarter, the Kings shot 2 for 12 in the paint.
- The Jazz finally got the three ball going tonight. They hit on 11 of 32, which isn’t great but it is better than they have been shooting recently. Jae Crowder and Jonas Jerebko hit the threes they were missing in night’s past with Crowder going 3 for 5 and Jerebko going 2 for 5.
- Ricky Rubio had 10 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals. He only made 4 of 16 shots which the Jazz could over come against the Kings, but against some of the better teams that will need to be improved.
- It is unclear who the Jazz 2nd option is offensively and it will likely have to come as the offense creates for whomever is open.
- Jazz had their ball movement and blender going more tonight than they have in the past games
- Donovan Mitchell scored 25 points for the 21st time in his first 60 games as a pro. This has only been exceeded by Shaq and Allen Iverson since 1992. David Robinson and Michael Jordan get added to the list if you would like to go back farther.
- Donovan did it efficiently tonight 27 points on 15 shot attempts as he went to the line 10 times and made all 10 free throws.
- Derrick Favors continues to be terrific. He is a beast around the basket and is dunking everything he can. He had 15 points and 8 rebounds and hit a three.
- Nothing fancy about tonight just a must needed win. 8 straight on the road
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022