EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Put the hammer down
SUMMARY: I what was anticipated as being an uncomplicated game on paper was in face that uncomplicated in real life as the Jazz beat the Suns 116-88.
- The Jazz didn’t play particularly well tonight but when it came to the 4th quarter they dropped the hammer and outscored the under manned Phoenix Suns 116-88
- The Suns defensive strategy was clear. They covered the rim and made it very difficult for the Jazz to make shots at the rim. Numerous times in the first half Derrick Favors had to finish his role at about 8 feet and flip in a non restricted area 2. Donovan wasn’t able to get through the traffic to the rim and the Jazz were really having a hard time finishing at the rim.
- The impact is that shooters were being left open if the Jazz moved the ball correctly. They did this more and more in the 2nd half and by the end of the night they had taken 28 three point shots and 11 of those were corner 3s, the Jazz making 6.
- The Suns can’t score without Devin Booker and that showed tonight as the Jazz defense put up great numbers with a defensive rating of 89.6. When someone is under 100 you win 81% of the time, when they are under 90 turn out the lights
- Joe Ingles had a double double with a career high 11 assists.
- Ricky Rubio had some brutal turnovers, mostly on passes to Rudy but by the end of the night had a line of 13 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Plus, he had 3 steals. The Jazz took advantage of the Suns who are 29th in the NBA at taking care of the ball.
- Favors and Ingles had the pick and roll game going well tonight even if it meant floaters instead of rim finishes.
- Jazz won despite only 1 three from Kyle Korver
- Royce O’Neale is a terrific story. He has improved tremendously in a lot of different aspects of this game. He is shooting over 40% from three. His rim finishing is much improved. He is a really big asset to the Jazz right now. He had 15 points and was a +31 tonight.
- Jazz got the lead in the 1st. Never got seriously threatened and put down the hammer in the 4th.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022