SUMMARY: I what was anticipated as being an uncomplicated game on paper was in face that uncomplicated in real life as the Jazz beat the Suns 116-88.
- The Jazz didn’t play particularly well tonight but when it came to the 4th quarter they dropped the hammer and outscored the under manned Phoenix Suns 116-88
- The Suns defensive strategy was clear. They covered the rim and made it very difficult for the Jazz to make shots at the rim. Numerous times in the first half Derrick Favors had to finish his role at about 8 feet and flip in a non restricted area 2. Donovan wasn’t able to get through the traffic to the rim and the Jazz were really having a hard time finishing at the rim.
- The impact is that shooters were being left open if the Jazz moved the ball correctly. They did this more and more in the 2nd half and by the end of the night they had taken 28 three point shots and 11 of those were corner 3s, the Jazz making 6.
- The Suns can’t score without Devin Booker and that showed tonight as the Jazz defense put up great numbers with a defensive rating of 89.6. When someone is under 100 you win 81% of the time, when they are under 90 turn out the lights
- Joe Ingles had a double double with a career high 11 assists.
- Ricky Rubio had some brutal turnovers, mostly on passes to Rudy but by the end of the night had a line of 13 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Plus, he had 3 steals. The Jazz took advantage of the Suns who are 29th in the NBA at taking care of the ball.
- Favors and Ingles had the pick and roll game going well tonight even if it meant floaters instead of rim finishes.
- Jazz won despite only 1 three from Kyle Korver
- Royce O’Neale is a terrific story. He has improved tremendously in a lot of different aspects of this game. He is shooting over 40% from three. His rim finishing is much improved. He is a really big asset to the Jazz right now. He had 15 points and was a +31 tonight.
- Jazz got the lead in the 1st. Never got seriously threatened and put down the hammer in the 4th.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Recap of Jazz versus Pacers
Recap Utah’s game at home against the Indiana Pacers with Amanda Smith.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame ahead of Utah versus Indiana
David Locke chats with Quin Snyder ahead of Utah’s game at home versus the Indiana Pacers.
POSTCAST – Dwyane Wade is an owner of the Utah Jazz. Jazz rally from 17 down to beat the Pacers
The Utah Jazz come from behind to beat the Pacers on the same day Dwyane Wade becomes a part owner of the team.
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Recap of Jazz versus Pacers April 16, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame ahead of Utah versus Indiana April 16, 2021
- POSTCAST – Dwyane Wade is an owner of the Utah Jazz. Jazz rally from 17 down to beat the Pacers April 16, 2021
- Georges Niang evolution into bonafide rotation player, playing without Derrick Favors and Points Gained April 16, 2021
- Western Conference is shaking out, Jarrell Brantley shows promise, Quin Snyder Wednesday April 14, 2021
Utah Jazz3 days ago
Western Conference is shaking out, Jarrell Brantley shows promise, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Jazz win 21st straight at home and 8th straight overall
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
The Utah Jazz are awesome, digesting the greatness, historic shooting, preview Mavericks and Suns
Utah Jazz4 days ago
We can tell the story of the Utah Jazz and it is awesome. How is Donovan Mitchell averaging 40?