SUMMARY: The Jazz revamped their game plan and knocked down shots to win the away part of the home and home with Minnesota.
- After playing the uniqueness of Karl Anthony Towns on Monday the Jazz were more prepared for his excellence in the second match-up. Towns is so unique that it is hard to understand what you are encountering until you have experienced it. This game the Jazz stayed attached to him and never game him air space for three point shots. Gobert was willing to go out to 30 feet and guard him if needed. Towns post game is good but it isn’t good against Gobert. He tried to drive on Rudy and that is not a great answer for him either. So when the Jazz took away his three point shots they really took away a lot of his game. Not sure many other teams can do this because the uniqueness of Gobert takes the other aspects of Towns game away and makes him a bit less versatile.
- Home and Home off a loss with Quin Snyder as your head coach and the competitiveness of Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and I like the Jazz chances.
- Rudy was committed to not letting Towns comfortable. He only took 5 shots in the first three quarters and only had 3 points at halftime.
- The Wolves lived on the Jeff Teague/ Karl Anthony Towns pick and roll in Salt Lake and but with Andrew Wiggins back in the lineup they used it far less than they did in the first meeting.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a monster night. He had 30 points on 6 of 11 from three point shooting. Love the 11 attempts. He was also +38 on the night. He also went to the free throw line 7 times.
- The Jazz got hot from three in the 4th quarter and busted the game open. The Jazz went 7 of 11 from three and Bojan had 3 and Donovan had 3. 11 of 24 shots in the 4th quarter were three point attempts.
- The Jazz 2nd quarter offense is really an issue. They are 29th Amazingly they are positive in the 2nd quarters because the defense is that awesome.
- The Jazz defense is amazing. They held another opponent under 100 pts per 100 possessions tonight. The league average is 107 and the Jazz defense is a 100. 7 points better than league average.
- Andrew Wiggins took 22 shots and was 1 for 10 from 3.
- Not sure the Jazz can play Dante Exum and Emmanuel Mudiay at the same time
- Jeff Green had a really good night. He played the back up center as well as some power forward. He was very engaged and played well on both ends of the floor. He does a really nice job of drawing fouls
- Mike Conley had 8 assists and 0 turnovers. He kept himself out of the problem areas on the floor. He also added 16 points. He had 5 assists in the 4th quarter and he added a huge walk up three. He also “Nashed” on the dribble a few times which he never did in Memphis as he learns how to play a different way in Utah that is a good sign
- Donovan was 1 for 8 in the floater zone.
- Karl Anthony Towns took 2 shots that weren’t threes the whole night
- These two game were the exact same. Jazz lead by 6 with about 9 minutes left on Monday and the Wolves went on a 20-4 run. Tonight the Wolves lead by 6 with 9 minutes left and the Jazz went on a 12-0 run and it become a 22-8 run.
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns
The Utah Jazz fall 0-2 to Phoenix Suns in a back-to-back fight without Mitchell and Gobert. Jordan Clarkson gets hot leading the Jazz with 26 points and hitting 6 of 12 three-pointers. Devin Booker leads the Suns once again with a 43 point performance. Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Kristen Spear.
POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns
the Utah Jazz lost their 9th game of their last 11 but tonight has a lot to build on as the Jazz halfcourt defense without Rudy Gobert was terrific. Devin Booker was dominate early and Chris Paul late but the Jazz withstood it all to be there right in the end. A mystery foul by Hassan Whiteside ended the Jazz quest for a stunning upset of the league’s best Phoenix Suns. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game
Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want
The same old Utah Jazz. It is what you hear around town. Same old Utah Jazz with lots of wins, all-stars and tons of fun, A perspective switch in the midst of a losing streak. Then a look at what the numbers are saying about the playoffs. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Then we continue the look around the NBA at who would we like.
- Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns January 27, 2022
- POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns January 27, 2022
- Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want January 26, 2022
- Change the mindset, avoid the 7 seed, the delicate balance of the Utah Jazz and do they have anyone we want January 25, 2022
- Jazz game rewind – Suns show why they’re the best in the West January 25, 2022
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz are getting better from this stretch and how the offense has had to change
Utah Jazz1 week ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gobert returns and the Utah Jazz roll plus a preview of Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
1,000 and Feb 2047, Theory on Jordan Clarkson and Joe Ingles shooing woes