SUMMARY: The Jazz revamped their game plan and knocked down shots to win the away part of the home and home with Minnesota.
- After playing the uniqueness of Karl Anthony Towns on Monday the Jazz were more prepared for his excellence in the second match-up. Towns is so unique that it is hard to understand what you are encountering until you have experienced it. This game the Jazz stayed attached to him and never game him air space for three point shots. Gobert was willing to go out to 30 feet and guard him if needed. Towns post game is good but it isn’t good against Gobert. He tried to drive on Rudy and that is not a great answer for him either. So when the Jazz took away his three point shots they really took away a lot of his game. Not sure many other teams can do this because the uniqueness of Gobert takes the other aspects of Towns game away and makes him a bit less versatile.
- Home and Home off a loss with Quin Snyder as your head coach and the competitiveness of Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and I like the Jazz chances.
- Rudy was committed to not letting Towns comfortable. He only took 5 shots in the first three quarters and only had 3 points at halftime.
- The Wolves lived on the Jeff Teague/ Karl Anthony Towns pick and roll in Salt Lake and but with Andrew Wiggins back in the lineup they used it far less than they did in the first meeting.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a monster night. He had 30 points on 6 of 11 from three point shooting. Love the 11 attempts. He was also +38 on the night. He also went to the free throw line 7 times.
- The Jazz got hot from three in the 4th quarter and busted the game open. The Jazz went 7 of 11 from three and Bojan had 3 and Donovan had 3. 11 of 24 shots in the 4th quarter were three point attempts.
- The Jazz 2nd quarter offense is really an issue. They are 29th Amazingly they are positive in the 2nd quarters because the defense is that awesome.
- The Jazz defense is amazing. They held another opponent under 100 pts per 100 possessions tonight. The league average is 107 and the Jazz defense is a 100. 7 points better than league average.
- Andrew Wiggins took 22 shots and was 1 for 10 from 3.
- Not sure the Jazz can play Dante Exum and Emmanuel Mudiay at the same time
- Jeff Green had a really good night. He played the back up center as well as some power forward. He was very engaged and played well on both ends of the floor. He does a really nice job of drawing fouls
- Mike Conley had 8 assists and 0 turnovers. He kept himself out of the problem areas on the floor. He also added 16 points. He had 5 assists in the 4th quarter and he added a huge walk up three. He also “Nashed” on the dribble a few times which he never did in Memphis as he learns how to play a different way in Utah that is a good sign
- Donovan was 1 for 8 in the floater zone.
- Karl Anthony Towns took 2 shots that weren’t threes the whole night
- These two game were the exact same. Jazz lead by 6 with about 9 minutes left on Monday and the Wolves went on a 20-4 run. Tonight the Wolves lead by 6 with 9 minutes left and the Jazz went on a 12-0 run and it become a 22-8 run.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Locke wraps with Thurl Bailey and kicks it off with Tony Jones
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, finishes up his conversation with Thurl Bailey and kicks off his conversation with Tony Jones about the Utah Jazz and the NBA season.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Clarkson and O’Neale on Quin, togetherness and accountability. Thurl Bailey on Favors and Conley
Jordan Clarkson and Royce O’Neale met with the media on media week and David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider takes you through their comments on Quin Snyder, team togetherness and accountability is the next step. Then Locke is joined by Utah Jazz TV analyst Thurl Bailey to talk about the Jazz season, Derrick Favors and Mike Conley.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Bojan on Rehab, Rudy on improvement, Craig Bolerjack and Thurl Bailey stop by
The Utah Jazz are back in town and Bojan Bogdanovic talks about his rehab and if he is going to be ready for the season. Rudy Gobert talk about negotiations, improving and if the Jazz can be the #1 offense. Plus, Craig Bolerjck wraps up his interview and David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down with Thurl Bailey.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Locke wraps with Thurl Bailey and kicks it off with Tony Jones December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Clarkson and O’Neale on Quin, togetherness and accountability. Thurl Bailey on Favors and Conley December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Bojan on Rehab, Rudy on improvement, Craig Bolerjack and Thurl Bailey stop by December 2, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Lindsey and Zanik on Favors, Azubuike, roster building, continuity, health and performance team December 1, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?