SUMMARY: The Jazz revamped their game plan and knocked down shots to win the away part of the home and home with Minnesota.
- After playing the uniqueness of Karl Anthony Towns on Monday the Jazz were more prepared for his excellence in the second match-up. Towns is so unique that it is hard to understand what you are encountering until you have experienced it. This game the Jazz stayed attached to him and never game him air space for three point shots. Gobert was willing to go out to 30 feet and guard him if needed. Towns post game is good but it isn’t good against Gobert. He tried to drive on Rudy and that is not a great answer for him either. So when the Jazz took away his three point shots they really took away a lot of his game. Not sure many other teams can do this because the uniqueness of Gobert takes the other aspects of Towns game away and makes him a bit less versatile.
- Home and Home off a loss with Quin Snyder as your head coach and the competitiveness of Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and I like the Jazz chances.
- Rudy was committed to not letting Towns comfortable. He only took 5 shots in the first three quarters and only had 3 points at halftime.
- The Wolves lived on the Jeff Teague/ Karl Anthony Towns pick and roll in Salt Lake and but with Andrew Wiggins back in the lineup they used it far less than they did in the first meeting.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a monster night. He had 30 points on 6 of 11 from three point shooting. Love the 11 attempts. He was also +38 on the night. He also went to the free throw line 7 times.
- The Jazz got hot from three in the 4th quarter and busted the game open. The Jazz went 7 of 11 from three and Bojan had 3 and Donovan had 3. 11 of 24 shots in the 4th quarter were three point attempts.
- The Jazz 2nd quarter offense is really an issue. They are 29th Amazingly they are positive in the 2nd quarters because the defense is that awesome.
- The Jazz defense is amazing. They held another opponent under 100 pts per 100 possessions tonight. The league average is 107 and the Jazz defense is a 100. 7 points better than league average.
- Andrew Wiggins took 22 shots and was 1 for 10 from 3.
- Not sure the Jazz can play Dante Exum and Emmanuel Mudiay at the same time
- Jeff Green had a really good night. He played the back up center as well as some power forward. He was very engaged and played well on both ends of the floor. He does a really nice job of drawing fouls
- Mike Conley had 8 assists and 0 turnovers. He kept himself out of the problem areas on the floor. He also added 16 points. He had 5 assists in the 4th quarter and he added a huge walk up three. He also “Nashed” on the dribble a few times which he never did in Memphis as he learns how to play a different way in Utah that is a good sign
- Donovan was 1 for 8 in the floater zone.
- Karl Anthony Towns took 2 shots that weren’t threes the whole night
- These two game were the exact same. Jazz lead by 6 with about 9 minutes left on Monday and the Wolves went on a 20-4 run. Tonight the Wolves lead by 6 with 9 minutes left and the Jazz went on a 12-0 run and it become a 22-8 run.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022