SUMMARY: The Jazz revamped their game plan and knocked down shots to win the away part of the home and home with Minnesota.
- After playing the uniqueness of Karl Anthony Towns on Monday the Jazz were more prepared for his excellence in the second match-up. Towns is so unique that it is hard to understand what you are encountering until you have experienced it. This game the Jazz stayed attached to him and never game him air space for three point shots. Gobert was willing to go out to 30 feet and guard him if needed. Towns post game is good but it isn’t good against Gobert. He tried to drive on Rudy and that is not a great answer for him either. So when the Jazz took away his three point shots they really took away a lot of his game. Not sure many other teams can do this because the uniqueness of Gobert takes the other aspects of Towns game away and makes him a bit less versatile.
- Home and Home off a loss with Quin Snyder as your head coach and the competitiveness of Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and I like the Jazz chances.
- Rudy was committed to not letting Towns comfortable. He only took 5 shots in the first three quarters and only had 3 points at halftime.
- The Wolves lived on the Jeff Teague/ Karl Anthony Towns pick and roll in Salt Lake and but with Andrew Wiggins back in the lineup they used it far less than they did in the first meeting.
- Bojan Bogdanovic had a monster night. He had 30 points on 6 of 11 from three point shooting. Love the 11 attempts. He was also +38 on the night. He also went to the free throw line 7 times.
- The Jazz got hot from three in the 4th quarter and busted the game open. The Jazz went 7 of 11 from three and Bojan had 3 and Donovan had 3. 11 of 24 shots in the 4th quarter were three point attempts.
- The Jazz 2nd quarter offense is really an issue. They are 29th Amazingly they are positive in the 2nd quarters because the defense is that awesome.
- The Jazz defense is amazing. They held another opponent under 100 pts per 100 possessions tonight. The league average is 107 and the Jazz defense is a 100. 7 points better than league average.
- Andrew Wiggins took 22 shots and was 1 for 10 from 3.
- Not sure the Jazz can play Dante Exum and Emmanuel Mudiay at the same time
- Jeff Green had a really good night. He played the back up center as well as some power forward. He was very engaged and played well on both ends of the floor. He does a really nice job of drawing fouls
- Mike Conley had 8 assists and 0 turnovers. He kept himself out of the problem areas on the floor. He also added 16 points. He had 5 assists in the 4th quarter and he added a huge walk up three. He also “Nashed” on the dribble a few times which he never did in Memphis as he learns how to play a different way in Utah that is a good sign
- Donovan was 1 for 8 in the floater zone.
- Karl Anthony Towns took 2 shots that weren’t threes the whole night
- These two game were the exact same. Jazz lead by 6 with about 9 minutes left on Monday and the Wolves went on a 20-4 run. Tonight the Wolves lead by 6 with 9 minutes left and the Jazz went on a 12-0 run and it become a 22-8 run.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups