EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Jazz dominate the Hornets in a no doubt win on their way to the 111-102 their 10th win over the last 11 games
- The Jazz dominated the game tonight and it was never in doubt. The Jazz dominated the game defensively for most of the night. The Hornets couldn’t finish at the rim. They couldn’t hit threes and the Jazz defense was stifling.
- The Jazz were able to keep the Hornets in the half court and in the half court the Hornets were completely incapable of scoring.
- Kemba Walker scored 22 points in the final 5:04 of the game. The Jazz lead by 17 when he started this onslaught. It was impressive I guess but it was completely irrelevant in how the outcome of the game was impacted.
- Kemba Walker was 6 of 17 from the floor tonight with Rudy Gobert on the floor in the first 43 minutes of the game. Then he scored his irrelevant 22 points.
- The game only had 12 possessions left in the final 5 minutes of the game down by 17 there is no relevance to anything that happens.
- The Jazz opened the night with Gobert getting wide open roll after wide open roll to the basket. Charlotte adjusted to this by bringing another defender into the Gobert roll and it bothered the Jazz for a short while but by the end of the night the Jazz had launched 16 corner 3 attempts, making 8
- At one point tonight the Hornets were 1 of 22 from three
- Ricky Rubio was great this evening. He understood exactly what Charlotte was trying to do defensively. He opened the game hitting Gobert time and time again. Then the offense stalled with him off the floor and he got it going again in the 2nd quarter when he returned. He finished the night with 13 assists and was controlling the game. His ball fakes were tremendous. He kills defenses that over shift. He reads it perfectly and Quin Snyder has the team spaced perfectly.
- The Jazz were without Derrick Favors and Kyle Korver plus Dante Exum and the 2nd unit really struggled to score tonight.
- Donovan cruised to a 25 point game.
- Over the last 40 years of the NBA a team with a 2nd year guard or wing player who is the leading scorer without a 2nd scorer has never won more than 47 games. Carmelo Anthony won 47, LeBron James had 45, Vince Carter won 41 and Derrick Rose won 40. Tonight Donovan Mitchell won his 47th
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Locke wraps with Thurl Bailey and kicks it off with Tony Jones
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, finishes up his conversation with Thurl Bailey and kicks off his conversation with Tony Jones about the Utah Jazz and the NBA season.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Clarkson and O’Neale on Quin, togetherness and accountability. Thurl Bailey on Favors and Conley
Jordan Clarkson and Royce O’Neale met with the media on media week and David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider takes you through their comments on Quin Snyder, team togetherness and accountability is the next step. Then Locke is joined by Utah Jazz TV analyst Thurl Bailey to talk about the Jazz season, Derrick Favors and Mike Conley.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Bojan on Rehab, Rudy on improvement, Craig Bolerjack and Thurl Bailey stop by
The Utah Jazz are back in town and Bojan Bogdanovic talks about his rehab and if he is going to be ready for the season. Rudy Gobert talk about negotiations, improving and if the Jazz can be the #1 offense. Plus, Craig Bolerjck wraps up his interview and David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down with Thurl Bailey.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Locke wraps with Thurl Bailey and kicks it off with Tony Jones December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Clarkson and O’Neale on Quin, togetherness and accountability. Thurl Bailey on Favors and Conley December 3, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Bojan on Rehab, Rudy on improvement, Craig Bolerjack and Thurl Bailey stop by December 2, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Lindsey and Zanik on Favors, Azubuike, roster building, continuity, health and performance team December 1, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?