EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Jazz dominate the Hornets in a no doubt win on their way to the 111-102 their 10th win over the last 11 games
- The Jazz dominated the game tonight and it was never in doubt. The Jazz dominated the game defensively for most of the night. The Hornets couldn’t finish at the rim. They couldn’t hit threes and the Jazz defense was stifling.
- The Jazz were able to keep the Hornets in the half court and in the half court the Hornets were completely incapable of scoring.
- Kemba Walker scored 22 points in the final 5:04 of the game. The Jazz lead by 17 when he started this onslaught. It was impressive I guess but it was completely irrelevant in how the outcome of the game was impacted.
- Kemba Walker was 6 of 17 from the floor tonight with Rudy Gobert on the floor in the first 43 minutes of the game. Then he scored his irrelevant 22 points.
- The game only had 12 possessions left in the final 5 minutes of the game down by 17 there is no relevance to anything that happens.
- The Jazz opened the night with Gobert getting wide open roll after wide open roll to the basket. Charlotte adjusted to this by bringing another defender into the Gobert roll and it bothered the Jazz for a short while but by the end of the night the Jazz had launched 16 corner 3 attempts, making 8
- At one point tonight the Hornets were 1 of 22 from three
- Ricky Rubio was great this evening. He understood exactly what Charlotte was trying to do defensively. He opened the game hitting Gobert time and time again. Then the offense stalled with him off the floor and he got it going again in the 2nd quarter when he returned. He finished the night with 13 assists and was controlling the game. His ball fakes were tremendous. He kills defenses that over shift. He reads it perfectly and Quin Snyder has the team spaced perfectly.
- The Jazz were without Derrick Favors and Kyle Korver plus Dante Exum and the 2nd unit really struggled to score tonight.
- Donovan cruised to a 25 point game.
- Over the last 40 years of the NBA a team with a 2nd year guard or wing player who is the leading scorer without a 2nd scorer has never won more than 47 games. Carmelo Anthony won 47, LeBron James had 45, Vince Carter won 41 and Derrick Rose won 40. Tonight Donovan Mitchell won his 47th
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022