EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Jazz dominate the Hornets in a no doubt win on their way to the 111-102 their 10th win over the last 11 games
- The Jazz dominated the game tonight and it was never in doubt. The Jazz dominated the game defensively for most of the night. The Hornets couldn’t finish at the rim. They couldn’t hit threes and the Jazz defense was stifling.
- The Jazz were able to keep the Hornets in the half court and in the half court the Hornets were completely incapable of scoring.
- Kemba Walker scored 22 points in the final 5:04 of the game. The Jazz lead by 17 when he started this onslaught. It was impressive I guess but it was completely irrelevant in how the outcome of the game was impacted.
- Kemba Walker was 6 of 17 from the floor tonight with Rudy Gobert on the floor in the first 43 minutes of the game. Then he scored his irrelevant 22 points.
- The game only had 12 possessions left in the final 5 minutes of the game down by 17 there is no relevance to anything that happens.
- The Jazz opened the night with Gobert getting wide open roll after wide open roll to the basket. Charlotte adjusted to this by bringing another defender into the Gobert roll and it bothered the Jazz for a short while but by the end of the night the Jazz had launched 16 corner 3 attempts, making 8
- At one point tonight the Hornets were 1 of 22 from three
- Ricky Rubio was great this evening. He understood exactly what Charlotte was trying to do defensively. He opened the game hitting Gobert time and time again. Then the offense stalled with him off the floor and he got it going again in the 2nd quarter when he returned. He finished the night with 13 assists and was controlling the game. His ball fakes were tremendous. He kills defenses that over shift. He reads it perfectly and Quin Snyder has the team spaced perfectly.
- The Jazz were without Derrick Favors and Kyle Korver plus Dante Exum and the 2nd unit really struggled to score tonight.
- Donovan cruised to a 25 point game.
- Over the last 40 years of the NBA a team with a 2nd year guard or wing player who is the leading scorer without a 2nd scorer has never won more than 47 games. Carmelo Anthony won 47, LeBron James had 45, Vince Carter won 41 and Derrick Rose won 40. Tonight Donovan Mitchell won his 47th
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him
As the Jazz wrap up the first half of the season and head into the All-Star break, Coach Snyder talks with David Locke about coaching in his first All-Star game. Coach Snyder also touches on how Donovan Mitchell has been playing this season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Is Rudy Gobert the litmus test for offensive greatness March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.