- SUMMARY: A n all-time barrage of 3-pointers ended a really good night for the Utah Jazz in a loss to the Houston Rockets, 120-99.
- The Jazz led the game 91-83 after a Thabo Sefolosha 3-pointer from the left corner. Then the Rockets went bananas. Eric Gordon hit three straight 3s from deep and that was just the beginning. The Rockets ended up blowing the Jazz out with a 120-99 win, closing the game in a 37 to 8 run.
- If you run through the history of the great NBA teams, they have these runs that are unstoppable. The great Bulls teams did it with defense. The current Warriors did it with a combination of O and D. This Rockets team does it with 3-point shots and when they link three or four of them in a row, it is lights out. When they hit 8 of 10, it is tough to handle.
- The game was terrific for the Jazz until the Rockets’ The game had 22 lead changes and 14 ties. The game had 11 lead changes and seven ties in the third quarter alone.
- The Jazz’s strategy was to try to get the ball out of the hands of James Harden or Chris Paul and they did it well. It slowed down the Rockets and took them out of their rhythm for most of the night. Even in the onslaught, the shots were made by Eric Gordon, Clint Capela and Trevor Ariza.
- Eric Gordon takes 3s them from five feet behind the line which increases the spacing even more.
- The third quarter was fascinating basketball. Both teams played 5 out (no center, five shooters all outside the 3-point line). The Rockets played it with drives to the basket and then would kick it out to shooters. The Jazz did it inverse with back cutters and passes to the cutters and the Jazz torched the Rockets.
- Donovan Mitchell only played 21 minutes. I believe this was because the other guys were playing well tonight. Ricky Rubio — who hasn’t been finishing games — was very good tonight and was running the team well. Rodney Hood had it going with 26 points and five 3- Joe Ingles has been so solid all the time and was again tonight. One of them would have had to be taken out of the game and I am not sure who that would have been.
- Joe Ingles played 37 minutes. He has played 21 games this year of over 30 minutes. Last year, he played 19 the entire season.
- Joe Johnson got some of his game going in and around the paint, but the 3-point shot is not falling.
- I loved the way the Jazz played tonight. They trailed by one at the half. They held the Rockets to 51 first half points, one of their lowest totals of the season. They broke the Rockets rhythm and style for the majority of the night. Then a great team kicked in with its complimentary players. That is the sign of how good the Rockets are this year.
- I wonder when the last time a team took 16 more 3s than its opponent and lost. I am guessing it doesn’t happen much, if ever.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022