SUMMARY: Jazz defense clicks in for a dominating 2nd half and Rudy Gobert’s dominance carries the day
• The Jazz defense continues to dominate. They allowed just 35 points in the 2nd half. The Jazz defense of rating was once again under 100 points for 100 possessions. This was the 13th game of the last 17 that the Jazz accomplished this feat. The Jazz defense has been far away the best in the NBA since Dec 12th. Tonight they did it defensively again.
• The Jazz grabbed 90% of all available defensive rebounds. The Jazz have been the #1 defensive rebounding team for the last 20 games and #2 for the season. Andre Drummond is a beast on the offensive glass. The Pistons average grabbing 28% of all available offensive rebounds and tonight they got 10%.
• Rudy Gobert had 22 defensive rebounds and 25 rebounds overall.
• Gobert added 18 points to go with his 25 rebounds as well as 3 assists, 2 blocks and one monumental dunk on Andre Drummond
• The Jazz defense on Blake Griffin was terrific tonight. They made him see a lot of arms and bodies and was never quite sure if it was a double, a dig or a shade toward him. He finished with 19 points on 7 of 17 shooting and he got two three pointers late in the game to pad those numbers and make them look more respectable. Jae Crowder and Derrick Favors did great work on him.
• Donovan Mitchell has had to carry a mammoth load without Ricky Rubio, Dante Exum and Rual Neto. While the offense wasn’t great tonight he did the best he could and lead the Jazz with 28 points and made a bunch of big plays late in the game. After Donovan’s 9 first quarter points the Pistons committed to not let him beat them and was double teaming him throughout the game. He stayed with it and was still able to be the most impactful offensive player.
• Kyle Korver took a season high 14 shots, he only surpassed that once all of last year. He also played a season high 32 minutes. He played 30 or more 4 times last year in Cleveland.
• Grayson Allen came off the bench to give the Jazz a solid 20 minutes that the Jazz desperately needed. He had 8 points and 2 three pointers
• Joe Ingles sprained an ankle to close the first half and played thru that in the 2nd half.
• Ish Smith made the Pistons a much better team than Reggie Jackson did tonight. He changes who they are after being out for 18 games.
• Solid win. 4th in a row. Defense continue to be incredibly dominate.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions
The Utah Jazz all-stars were picked last by LeBron James and Kevin Durant. Was this conscience by the two stars? Was this telling Utah to stay in their hierarchy of the NBA? Was this just fun? It all feels like another slight to the Utah Jazz in a remarkable season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the options and interacts with a live audience
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions March 5, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.