SUMMARY: Jazz defense clicks in for a dominating 2nd half and Rudy Gobert’s dominance carries the day
• The Jazz defense continues to dominate. They allowed just 35 points in the 2nd half. The Jazz defense of rating was once again under 100 points for 100 possessions. This was the 13th game of the last 17 that the Jazz accomplished this feat. The Jazz defense has been far away the best in the NBA since Dec 12th. Tonight they did it defensively again.
• The Jazz grabbed 90% of all available defensive rebounds. The Jazz have been the #1 defensive rebounding team for the last 20 games and #2 for the season. Andre Drummond is a beast on the offensive glass. The Pistons average grabbing 28% of all available offensive rebounds and tonight they got 10%.
• Rudy Gobert had 22 defensive rebounds and 25 rebounds overall.
• Gobert added 18 points to go with his 25 rebounds as well as 3 assists, 2 blocks and one monumental dunk on Andre Drummond
• The Jazz defense on Blake Griffin was terrific tonight. They made him see a lot of arms and bodies and was never quite sure if it was a double, a dig or a shade toward him. He finished with 19 points on 7 of 17 shooting and he got two three pointers late in the game to pad those numbers and make them look more respectable. Jae Crowder and Derrick Favors did great work on him.
• Donovan Mitchell has had to carry a mammoth load without Ricky Rubio, Dante Exum and Rual Neto. While the offense wasn’t great tonight he did the best he could and lead the Jazz with 28 points and made a bunch of big plays late in the game. After Donovan’s 9 first quarter points the Pistons committed to not let him beat them and was double teaming him throughout the game. He stayed with it and was still able to be the most impactful offensive player.
• Kyle Korver took a season high 14 shots, he only surpassed that once all of last year. He also played a season high 32 minutes. He played 30 or more 4 times last year in Cleveland.
• Grayson Allen came off the bench to give the Jazz a solid 20 minutes that the Jazz desperately needed. He had 8 points and 2 three pointers
• Joe Ingles sprained an ankle to close the first half and played thru that in the 2nd half.
• Ish Smith made the Pistons a much better team than Reggie Jackson did tonight. He changes who they are after being out for 18 games.
• Solid win. 4th in a row. Defense continue to be incredibly dominate.
Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win
The Utah Jazz had their best performance of the NBA Season with a blowout win over the Portland Trailblazers. The Jazz took advantage of all the Trailblazers weaknesses breaking their defense time and time again. Rudy Gobert was a dominanting defensive force. Joe Ingles thrived in the starting lineup and the Jazz have looked revitalized the last two games. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube
POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz
The Utah Jazz dominate the Portland Trailblazers on both ends of the floor in their best performance of the season. The offense broke the Blazers defensive strategy time and time again and on the defensive side Rudy Gobret altered the game as he does do often. In addition, the Utah Jazz took care of the ball and were able to play defense in the halfcourt. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after every Jazz game
20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA
20 games into an NBA season is the mark where the records mean something, the data is an indicator of performance and the playoff picture is surprisingly clear. What do we know about the Utah Jazz 20 games into the season, the West and the NBA David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus on Monday’s it is trends Monday and the Jazz get ready for the Portland Trailblazers
- Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win November 30, 2021
- POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz November 30, 2021
- 20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA November 29, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz get revenge and catch fire v. Pelicans November 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Jazz lose another close one at home as a review opens the door for the New Orleans Pelicans November 27, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay’s debut and journey, A single play for Joe Ingles and 3 players are busting the NBA
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay returns, Toronto Raptors might be worst matchup for Utah Jazz and aging
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gay shines in his debut and Utah Jazz three point shooting arrives
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Dissapointing loss to Memphis Grizzlies, Defensive deep dive and some lineup issues