SUMMARY: Donovan Mitchell 4th quarter overcomes sketchy offensive night for the Utah Jazz in an opening night win.
- Donovan Mitchell was amazing in the 4th After not taking a shot in the 1st quarter, Mitchell added 10 in the 2nd quarter, 8 in the 3rd quarter before exploding for his first double double (with rebound) of his career. Donovan finished with 32 points and 12 rebounds with 14 points and 7 rebounds coming in the 4th quarter
- The Jazz hunted out Danillo Gallinari and got him matched up on Donovan Mitchell on Gallinari and he beat him badly numerous times to the rim. Then with the game on the line Thunder subbed in a defensive minded player onto Donovan and instead the Jazz ran a traditional pick and roll and with Adams dropping (a change in how OKC plays pick and roll Defense) Mitchell found space at 18 feet and buried the jumper.
- The Jazz offense never looked like the Jazz offense tonight. It might have been because Mike Conley had such an unusual shooting night. Conley missed a bunch of open threes in the first quarter and it snowballed into the worst shooting night of his career going 1 for 16. He was 0 for 5 in the first quarter on good looks.
- Rudy Gobert was a dominating defensive force tonight. In the first quarter Steven Adams went 0 for 5 and had any offensive impact on the game. The Jazz defense was great in the 1st and 4th quarters tonight. They held the Thunder to 12 points in the first quarter on 5 of 21 shootng and forced the Thunder into 15 mid range shots.
- OKC shot 7 of 20 at the rim tonight.
- Donovan had his first field goal at the 6:29 mark of the 2nd
- Jazz only took 25% of their shots as threes.
- Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic both showed their teammates who they are as people and players tonight. Mike Conley hit a free throw late in the game and in a self deprecated fashion mocked himself to the crowd. This brought a laugh from the fans. Bojan Bogdanovic turned his ankle badly in the 2nd quarter and looked like he was going to be done for a while. Instead he opened the 2nd half in the starting lineup and played well in the 2nd
- Emmanuel Mudiay had a really solid debut for the Jazz. He may have been the key to the game. Mudiay played 23 solid minutes and defended well plus added an offensive bonce with 12 points and 5 assists.
- Donovan was really spectacular tonight. He was relentless. His desire to win is off the charts.
- Game was slow paced at 100 possessions, right about league average last year. Thunder offense was below a point a possession which wins you game at nearly a 90% rate. Though Jazz were as well.
- For a night the defensive worries are over and now we can worry about the offense, but worries off a win are good worries.
Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win
The Utah Jazz had their best performance of the NBA Season with a blowout win over the Portland Trailblazers. The Jazz took advantage of all the Trailblazers weaknesses breaking their defense time and time again. Rudy Gobert was a dominanting defensive force. Joe Ingles thrived in the starting lineup and the Jazz have looked revitalized the last two games. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube
POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz
The Utah Jazz dominate the Portland Trailblazers on both ends of the floor in their best performance of the season. The offense broke the Blazers defensive strategy time and time again and on the defensive side Rudy Gobret altered the game as he does do often. In addition, the Utah Jazz took care of the ball and were able to play defense in the halfcourt. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after every Jazz game
20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA
20 games into an NBA season is the mark where the records mean something, the data is an indicator of performance and the playoff picture is surprisingly clear. What do we know about the Utah Jazz 20 games into the season, the West and the NBA David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus on Monday’s it is trends Monday and the Jazz get ready for the Portland Trailblazers
- Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win November 30, 2021
- POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz November 30, 2021
- 20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA November 29, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz get revenge and catch fire v. Pelicans November 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Jazz lose another close one at home as a review opens the door for the New Orleans Pelicans November 27, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay’s debut and journey, A single play for Joe Ingles and 3 players are busting the NBA
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay returns, Toronto Raptors might be worst matchup for Utah Jazz and aging
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gay shines in his debut and Utah Jazz three point shooting arrives
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Dissapointing loss to Memphis Grizzlies, Defensive deep dive and some lineup issues