SUMMARY: The Jazz bounce back and blow out the Sacramento Kings 113-81
- This was a blow out the Jazz lead by 10 at the end of 1 , 23 at the half, 35 at the end of 3 and that was all she wrote.
- This was a mixture of the Jazz being good and the Kings being terrible.
- Considering the 3:30 arrival and the poor offensive game last night this was an impressive effort by the Jazz.
- The Jazz offense lead to great defense. The Kings in their first two games have been awful in the offensive half court. Their entire game is based on getting out and running and playing off misses and mistakes. Last year they were the #1 team in the NBA off of turnovers. Tonight the Jazz held them to just 12 transition possession and forced them into 88 half court possessions.
- According to cleaningtheglass.com the Kings offensive rating was a 71.7 in the halfcourt. That is really bad.
- The Jazz defense has held all three opponents below 1 pt per possession. This is the standard of excellence to do in the first three games is really awesome. If the Jazz are good defensively they are going to be really good this year.
- Mike Conley played with the ball much more tonight. Quin Snyder told Mike to go get the ball and lead the team. In Memphis, Mike had 83 touches a game and with the Jazz he was getting just 50. In the front court he had dipped from 38 touches to 21. The other way to say it is he went from handling the ball around 40% of the time he was on the court to 32% of the time. Interestingly, when he touched the ball he was dribbling more than in Memphis and holding the ball longer. To me those are signs of indecision.
- Tonight, Mike played with the ball much more (not sure on the numbers yet) and he lead the team and in turn looked much more comfortable. He took two shots at the rim which was more than the 1 he had in the first two games. He created opportunities for his teammates and he was in control of the game
- The Jazz hit on 18 of 37 three point attempts tonight. The 37 attempts is the most encouraging numbers.
- Bojan Bogdanovic was superb early in the game with 12 1st quarter points. The array of way he scores is awesome. He drove the basket and was stronger than his defender. He came off the pick and roll with a handle and got to the rim. He took catch and shoot threes. He took deep catch and shoot threes. Bojan finished with 26 points on 10 of 18 shooting and 5 of 9 from three.
- Low burden night for Donovan Mitchell. He was 6 of 9 from the field. People wanted Donovan to me efficient this year He is shooting 58.9% from the field and 50% from three and 93% from the line.
- Good night for the Jazz. Last night was in large part because the Lakers were very good. Tonight was in large part the Kings are very bad. However, this is what you need to do against bad teams. Good step for the Jazz tonight and the purple uniforms looked awesome.
POSTCAST – Holy Block !!! Locke and Boone break down great Utah Jazz win
The Utah Jazz win a remarkable game against the Dallas Mavericks. Rudy Gobert with a block for the ages. Donovan Mitchell insane clutch play continues. Royce O’Neale with big plays on both ends. David Locke and Ron Boone break it all down
JAZZ GAME REWIND-Jazz Win a Thriller Over Luka and the Mavericks
On a Saturday afternoon between two of the best offenses in the NBA, it was the Jazz who edged the Mavericks down the stretch of a tight ballgame. Relive some of the best moments of the night, and listen to how it all went down as the Jazz win their 19th game in their last 21 match-ups.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Coach Snyder shares his thoughts pregame
In a showdown between two of the league’s highest rated offenses for an afternoon game, Snyder gives his thoughts on the Mavericks, Doncic, and much more. Listen here to hear what he has to say.
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Astros cheating scandal NBA version and would you be ok as a fan, plus Nets and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz4 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ball Movement, Millsap in Denver to Conley in Utah, O’Neale leftovers
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Quin on Utah Jazz fans, Defense v. Pacers, Offense Sustainabilty and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Holy Cow were the Utah Jazz outstanding last night