EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Strong bounce back as Defense hold, Conley touches and Bojan explodes
SUMMARY: The Jazz bounce back and blow out the Sacramento Kings 113-81
- This was a blow out the Jazz lead by 10 at the end of 1 , 23 at the half, 35 at the end of 3 and that was all she wrote.
- This was a mixture of the Jazz being good and the Kings being terrible.
- Considering the 3:30 arrival and the poor offensive game last night this was an impressive effort by the Jazz.
- The Jazz offense lead to great defense. The Kings in their first two games have been awful in the offensive half court. Their entire game is based on getting out and running and playing off misses and mistakes. Last year they were the #1 team in the NBA off of turnovers. Tonight the Jazz held them to just 12 transition possession and forced them into 88 half court possessions.
- According to cleaningtheglass.com the Kings offensive rating was a 71.7 in the halfcourt. That is really bad.
- The Jazz defense has held all three opponents below 1 pt per possession. This is the standard of excellence to do in the first three games is really awesome. If the Jazz are good defensively they are going to be really good this year.
- Mike Conley played with the ball much more tonight. Quin Snyder told Mike to go get the ball and lead the team. In Memphis, Mike had 83 touches a game and with the Jazz he was getting just 50. In the front court he had dipped from 38 touches to 21. The other way to say it is he went from handling the ball around 40% of the time he was on the court to 32% of the time. Interestingly, when he touched the ball he was dribbling more than in Memphis and holding the ball longer. To me those are signs of indecision.
- Tonight, Mike played with the ball much more (not sure on the numbers yet) and he lead the team and in turn looked much more comfortable. He took two shots at the rim which was more than the 1 he had in the first two games. He created opportunities for his teammates and he was in control of the game
- The Jazz hit on 18 of 37 three point attempts tonight. The 37 attempts is the most encouraging numbers.
- Bojan Bogdanovic was superb early in the game with 12 1st quarter points. The array of way he scores is awesome. He drove the basket and was stronger than his defender. He came off the pick and roll with a handle and got to the rim. He took catch and shoot threes. He took deep catch and shoot threes. Bojan finished with 26 points on 10 of 18 shooting and 5 of 9 from three.
- Low burden night for Donovan Mitchell. He was 6 of 9 from the field. People wanted Donovan to me efficient this year He is shooting 58.9% from the field and 50% from three and 93% from the line.
- Good night for the Jazz. Last night was in large part because the Lakers were very good. Tonight was in large part the Kings are very bad. However, this is what you need to do against bad teams. Good step for the Jazz tonight and the purple uniforms looked awesome.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022