EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – The Jazz offense fails from 2 point range in loss to the Wolves
SUMMARY: The Jazz offensive woes bite them in the 4th quarter and the Jazz lose at home to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- The Jazz offense entered the night ranked 22nd in the NBA and tonight they were held by the 17th ranked defensive team to below a point a possession and an unofficial offensive ranking of 95. The league average is about 108, Minnesota came into the game allowing 109.
- The Jazz 2 point shooting caused the problems tonight. The Jazz shot 3 of 24 on short mid range shots and 2 of 8 on long 2s. The Jazz 2 point shooting on non-restricted area shots was 5 of 32.
- The Jazz defense was really good for most of the night and the Jazz had a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter and seemed to be in control. The Jazz lead 96-90 with 9:13 left. Then the Wolves went on a 32-16 run to close the game and hit on 9 of 12 shots while the Jazz missed on 16 of 21 shots.
- The Jazz closed the Jazz with the “O” lineup of Conley,, Donovan, Joe, Bojan and Gobert that has been so brilliant all season (+38.1 per 100 possessions) and they got throttled. They were minus in the first half and the second half.
- The Jazz came into the game as the 29th ranked offensive team in the 2nd quarters of games and had another poor offensive quarter tonight.
- The Jazz played Jeff Green as the back up center tonight without Ed Davis and with Tony Bradley struggling. This allowed Dante Exum to get his first action since his injury in January of last year. He played with great energy and juice and looked like he hadn’t played competitive basketball for 10.5 months.
- Donovan Mitchell did not shoot the ball well tonight. He hit on 5 of 24 shooting. Lots of those really high season averages have come back to more normal numbers. His three point shooting is in a three game slump. Tonight he was 2 of 7
- Joe Ingles found his shot tonight and finished with 12 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Minnesota was without Andrew Wiggins.
- Karl Anthony Towns with 9 points, 3 assists in the 4th quarter as the Wolves ran the high pick and roll with Teague and Towns time and time again.
- Jazz have lost two in a row to Memphis and Minnesota and head to Minnesota for the rematch on Wednesday.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022