SUMMARY: The Jazz offense never ignites and the Lakers blow out the Jazz in LA _____
- The Jazz struggled offensively for the 2nd night of the season. This time the opponent was better and the offensive struggles look far more severe than they did in the opening game. However, they really were the same just against a more physical and more committed defensive team.
- The Jazz offense tonight was really inept. The offensive rating was a 72 at the close the third quarter with the game virtually over with the Lakers up by 19,
- Nothing about the Jazz offense looked familiar. Their wasn’t the ball movement we are used to seeing. Their was the usual smart shot distribution. Their wasn’t any ball security as the Jazz had 20 turnovers before they had 20 field goals.
- The Jazz defense was great tonight and kept the game close for most of the night. The Jazz forced the Lakers into a crazy amount of mid-range shots and protected the rim fabulously. Rudy Gobert was very strong again tonight.
- The game changed when the Lakers didn’t start JaVell McGee in the 2nd half and went to Anthony Davis as the center. Interestingly, it quieted Anthony Davis but it started the Lakers offense going. It brought the LeBron James/Anthony Davis pick and roll into play and the Jazz had a hard time stopping LeBron. Davis only had one field goal in the 2nd half when he was playing center and it was a lob dunk on the LeBron/Davis pick and roll.
- LeBron is not going to by you anymore, but he is going to go through you and over power you. Guarded by Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles he simply overpowered the defender into the paint to score his points.
- Mike Conley struggled again for the Jazz. He was 1 for 8 at the end of three quarter and 2 for 24 for the season at the point. More surprising tonight were the times when he drove the basket and lost the ball. He got two fields in the 4th quarter when Quin Snyder make a conscience effort to get him going. This is a tremendous adjustment for Conley. Every night of his career up until now he has had the ball in his hands and gained his rhythm by playing in that manner. Now other players are brining the ball up. He often runs to the corner. The Jazz overall ball movement is not very good right now so there are possessions when he doesn’t touch the ball. It is all very new to him. Unless the grim age reaper has grabbed him at 32 years old in a very rapid fashion after one of the best seasons of his career Mike is a smart player and will figure this out, but it is a significant adjustment that I am not sure anyone realized how significant it really was.
- The Jazz bench really struggled tonight. Royce, Niang and Davis were badly negative. O’Neale was -20 in 19 minutes at the end of 3 and George Niang was -21 in 12 minutes and Ed Davis was -15 in 8 minutes.
- The lakers eliminated Joe Inlges. LeBron James was face guarding Joe throughout the game and not letting him get to the ball.
- The Jazz shot distribution was really poor tonight The Jazz had only 15 of their first 53 shots as three point shots. They are not moving the ball and getting the open looks we are accustomed
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022