SUMMARY: The Jazz offense never ignites and the Lakers blow out the Jazz in LA _____
- The Jazz struggled offensively for the 2nd night of the season. This time the opponent was better and the offensive struggles look far more severe than they did in the opening game. However, they really were the same just against a more physical and more committed defensive team.
- The Jazz offense tonight was really inept. The offensive rating was a 72 at the close the third quarter with the game virtually over with the Lakers up by 19,
- Nothing about the Jazz offense looked familiar. Their wasn’t the ball movement we are used to seeing. Their was the usual smart shot distribution. Their wasn’t any ball security as the Jazz had 20 turnovers before they had 20 field goals.
- The Jazz defense was great tonight and kept the game close for most of the night. The Jazz forced the Lakers into a crazy amount of mid-range shots and protected the rim fabulously. Rudy Gobert was very strong again tonight.
- The game changed when the Lakers didn’t start JaVell McGee in the 2nd half and went to Anthony Davis as the center. Interestingly, it quieted Anthony Davis but it started the Lakers offense going. It brought the LeBron James/Anthony Davis pick and roll into play and the Jazz had a hard time stopping LeBron. Davis only had one field goal in the 2nd half when he was playing center and it was a lob dunk on the LeBron/Davis pick and roll.
- LeBron is not going to by you anymore, but he is going to go through you and over power you. Guarded by Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles he simply overpowered the defender into the paint to score his points.
- Mike Conley struggled again for the Jazz. He was 1 for 8 at the end of three quarter and 2 for 24 for the season at the point. More surprising tonight were the times when he drove the basket and lost the ball. He got two fields in the 4th quarter when Quin Snyder make a conscience effort to get him going. This is a tremendous adjustment for Conley. Every night of his career up until now he has had the ball in his hands and gained his rhythm by playing in that manner. Now other players are brining the ball up. He often runs to the corner. The Jazz overall ball movement is not very good right now so there are possessions when he doesn’t touch the ball. It is all very new to him. Unless the grim age reaper has grabbed him at 32 years old in a very rapid fashion after one of the best seasons of his career Mike is a smart player and will figure this out, but it is a significant adjustment that I am not sure anyone realized how significant it really was.
- The Jazz bench really struggled tonight. Royce, Niang and Davis were badly negative. O’Neale was -20 in 19 minutes at the end of 3 and George Niang was -21 in 12 minutes and Ed Davis was -15 in 8 minutes.
- The lakers eliminated Joe Inlges. LeBron James was face guarding Joe throughout the game and not letting him get to the ball.
- The Jazz shot distribution was really poor tonight The Jazz had only 15 of their first 53 shots as three point shots. They are not moving the ball and getting the open looks we are accustomed
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns
The Utah Jazz fall 0-2 to Phoenix Suns in a back-to-back fight without Mitchell and Gobert. Jordan Clarkson gets hot leading the Jazz with 26 points and hitting 6 of 12 three-pointers. Devin Booker leads the Suns once again with a 43 point performance. Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Kristen Spear.
POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns
the Utah Jazz lost their 9th game of their last 11 but tonight has a lot to build on as the Jazz halfcourt defense without Rudy Gobert was terrific. Devin Booker was dominate early and Chris Paul late but the Jazz withstood it all to be there right in the end. A mystery foul by Hassan Whiteside ended the Jazz quest for a stunning upset of the league’s best Phoenix Suns. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game
Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want
The same old Utah Jazz. It is what you hear around town. Same old Utah Jazz with lots of wins, all-stars and tons of fun, A perspective switch in the midst of a losing streak. Then a look at what the numbers are saying about the playoffs. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Then we continue the look around the NBA at who would we like.
- Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz fall 0-2 against Booker and Suns January 27, 2022
- POSTCAST – Terrific halfcourt defense keeps Utah Jazz in game vs . Phoenix Suns January 27, 2022
- Same old Utah Jazz, wins, all-stars and fun. A learning stretch and do they have anything we want January 26, 2022
- Change the mindset, avoid the 7 seed, the delicate balance of the Utah Jazz and do they have anyone we want January 25, 2022
- Jazz game rewind – Suns show why they’re the best in the West January 25, 2022
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz are getting better from this stretch and how the offense has had to change
Utah Jazz1 week ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gobert returns and the Utah Jazz roll plus a preview of Jazz vs. Los Angeles Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
1,000 and Feb 2047, Theory on Jordan Clarkson and Joe Ingles shooing woes