SUMMARY: The Jazz offense never ignites and the Lakers blow out the Jazz in LA _____
- The Jazz struggled offensively for the 2nd night of the season. This time the opponent was better and the offensive struggles look far more severe than they did in the opening game. However, they really were the same just against a more physical and more committed defensive team.
- The Jazz offense tonight was really inept. The offensive rating was a 72 at the close the third quarter with the game virtually over with the Lakers up by 19,
- Nothing about the Jazz offense looked familiar. Their wasn’t the ball movement we are used to seeing. Their was the usual smart shot distribution. Their wasn’t any ball security as the Jazz had 20 turnovers before they had 20 field goals.
- The Jazz defense was great tonight and kept the game close for most of the night. The Jazz forced the Lakers into a crazy amount of mid-range shots and protected the rim fabulously. Rudy Gobert was very strong again tonight.
- The game changed when the Lakers didn’t start JaVell McGee in the 2nd half and went to Anthony Davis as the center. Interestingly, it quieted Anthony Davis but it started the Lakers offense going. It brought the LeBron James/Anthony Davis pick and roll into play and the Jazz had a hard time stopping LeBron. Davis only had one field goal in the 2nd half when he was playing center and it was a lob dunk on the LeBron/Davis pick and roll.
- LeBron is not going to by you anymore, but he is going to go through you and over power you. Guarded by Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles he simply overpowered the defender into the paint to score his points.
- Mike Conley struggled again for the Jazz. He was 1 for 8 at the end of three quarter and 2 for 24 for the season at the point. More surprising tonight were the times when he drove the basket and lost the ball. He got two fields in the 4th quarter when Quin Snyder make a conscience effort to get him going. This is a tremendous adjustment for Conley. Every night of his career up until now he has had the ball in his hands and gained his rhythm by playing in that manner. Now other players are brining the ball up. He often runs to the corner. The Jazz overall ball movement is not very good right now so there are possessions when he doesn’t touch the ball. It is all very new to him. Unless the grim age reaper has grabbed him at 32 years old in a very rapid fashion after one of the best seasons of his career Mike is a smart player and will figure this out, but it is a significant adjustment that I am not sure anyone realized how significant it really was.
- The Jazz bench really struggled tonight. Royce, Niang and Davis were badly negative. O’Neale was -20 in 19 minutes at the end of 3 and George Niang was -21 in 12 minutes and Ed Davis was -15 in 8 minutes.
- The lakers eliminated Joe Inlges. LeBron James was face guarding Joe throughout the game and not letting him get to the ball.
- The Jazz shot distribution was really poor tonight The Jazz had only 15 of their first 53 shots as three point shots. They are not moving the ball and getting the open looks we are accustomed
POSTCAST – Holy Block !!! Locke and Boone break down great Utah Jazz win
The Utah Jazz win a remarkable game against the Dallas Mavericks. Rudy Gobert with a block for the ages. Donovan Mitchell insane clutch play continues. Royce O’Neale with big plays on both ends. David Locke and Ron Boone break it all down
JAZZ GAME REWIND-Jazz Win a Thriller Over Luka and the Mavericks
On a Saturday afternoon between two of the best offenses in the NBA, it was the Jazz who edged the Mavericks down the stretch of a tight ballgame. Relive some of the best moments of the night, and listen to how it all went down as the Jazz win their 19th game in their last 21 match-ups.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Coach Snyder shares his thoughts pregame
In a showdown between two of the league’s highest rated offenses for an afternoon game, Snyder gives his thoughts on the Mavericks, Doncic, and much more. Listen here to hear what he has to say.
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Astros cheating scandal NBA version and would you be ok as a fan, plus Nets and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz4 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Ball Movement, Millsap in Denver to Conley in Utah, O’Neale leftovers
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Quin on Utah Jazz fans, Defense v. Pacers, Offense Sustainabilty and Time Machine Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Holy Cow were the Utah Jazz outstanding last night