SUMMARY – The Jazz offense never returned from all-star break and the Jazz 11 game win streak ended against the Portland Trailblazers
- Tough night for the Jazz in the playoff push. They lost to Portland, the Pelicans pulled off an overtime win in Miami, the Nuggets beat the Spurs, the Clippers blew out the Suns and the sad news of the night the Minnesota Timberwolves may have lost Jimmy Butler.
- The Jazz started the night 11 of 16 and 4 of 7 from three in the first quarter. After that they went 22 of 66 from the field and hit on just 2 of 18 three point attempts. The Jazz didn’t make a three point shot all 2nd
- During the win streak the Jazz were hitting on 44% of their three point attempts tonight they came back to life in a hard fall going 6 for 25 for 24%
- The Blazers defense is interesting. They are the #1 team in the NBA at defending the restricted area and at the same time one of the better teams at not allowing you to shoot three point shots. Tonight the Jazz didn’t make the ones they got and struggled badly in the restricted area.
- During the win streak the Jazz have regularly taken about 30 shots in the restricted area and tonight they were just 13 of 20
- The two areas that really killed the Jazz was the three-point shooting and the 20 turnovers. The Jazz were really out of synch offensively. They missed the search dribble or Nash dribble of both Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. Rubio played 19 minutes tonight coming back from the hip injury and Neto sprained an ankle today during shootaround. The way to attack the Blazers defense is the search dribble, Ingles and Mitchell don’t do that. They are more offensive-minded and try to finish the play on the initial action.
- The Jazz bench was a combined 0 for 9 from three
- Coming back against the Blazers is almost impossible since Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum are so hard to stop. Lillard and McCollum combined for 50 of the 100 points for the Blazers and took 39 of the 87 shots. This is exactly on par for the season.
- The Jazz never lead and trailed by 10 in the first and 11 in the 2nd before being down by double figures for most of the 2nd
- Donovan Mitchell hit some of his off the bounce threes tonight continuing the trend of improvement. Joe Ingles was good in the restricted area continuing that trend. Ricky Rubio did not make his layups tonight.
- The streak had to come to an end at some point, tough to do v. Portland. The playoff run is going to be really hard and the margin for error is slim.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022