SUMMARY – The Jazz offense never returned from all-star break and the Jazz 11 game win streak ended against the Portland Trailblazers
- Tough night for the Jazz in the playoff push. They lost to Portland, the Pelicans pulled off an overtime win in Miami, the Nuggets beat the Spurs, the Clippers blew out the Suns and the sad news of the night the Minnesota Timberwolves may have lost Jimmy Butler.
- The Jazz started the night 11 of 16 and 4 of 7 from three in the first quarter. After that they went 22 of 66 from the field and hit on just 2 of 18 three point attempts. The Jazz didn’t make a three point shot all 2nd
- During the win streak the Jazz were hitting on 44% of their three point attempts tonight they came back to life in a hard fall going 6 for 25 for 24%
- The Blazers defense is interesting. They are the #1 team in the NBA at defending the restricted area and at the same time one of the better teams at not allowing you to shoot three point shots. Tonight the Jazz didn’t make the ones they got and struggled badly in the restricted area.
- During the win streak the Jazz have regularly taken about 30 shots in the restricted area and tonight they were just 13 of 20
- The two areas that really killed the Jazz was the three-point shooting and the 20 turnovers. The Jazz were really out of synch offensively. They missed the search dribble or Nash dribble of both Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. Rubio played 19 minutes tonight coming back from the hip injury and Neto sprained an ankle today during shootaround. The way to attack the Blazers defense is the search dribble, Ingles and Mitchell don’t do that. They are more offensive-minded and try to finish the play on the initial action.
- The Jazz bench was a combined 0 for 9 from three
- Coming back against the Blazers is almost impossible since Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum are so hard to stop. Lillard and McCollum combined for 50 of the 100 points for the Blazers and took 39 of the 87 shots. This is exactly on par for the season.
- The Jazz never lead and trailed by 10 in the first and 11 in the 2nd before being down by double figures for most of the 2nd
- Donovan Mitchell hit some of his off the bounce threes tonight continuing the trend of improvement. Joe Ingles was good in the restricted area continuing that trend. Ricky Rubio did not make his layups tonight.
- The streak had to come to an end at some point, tough to do v. Portland. The playoff run is going to be really hard and the margin for error is slim.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition