SUMMARY – The Jazz offense never returned from all-star break and the Jazz 11 game win streak ended against the Portland Trailblazers
- Tough night for the Jazz in the playoff push. They lost to Portland, the Pelicans pulled off an overtime win in Miami, the Nuggets beat the Spurs, the Clippers blew out the Suns and the sad news of the night the Minnesota Timberwolves may have lost Jimmy Butler.
- The Jazz started the night 11 of 16 and 4 of 7 from three in the first quarter. After that they went 22 of 66 from the field and hit on just 2 of 18 three point attempts. The Jazz didn’t make a three point shot all 2nd
- During the win streak the Jazz were hitting on 44% of their three point attempts tonight they came back to life in a hard fall going 6 for 25 for 24%
- The Blazers defense is interesting. They are the #1 team in the NBA at defending the restricted area and at the same time one of the better teams at not allowing you to shoot three point shots. Tonight the Jazz didn’t make the ones they got and struggled badly in the restricted area.
- During the win streak the Jazz have regularly taken about 30 shots in the restricted area and tonight they were just 13 of 20
- The two areas that really killed the Jazz was the three-point shooting and the 20 turnovers. The Jazz were really out of synch offensively. They missed the search dribble or Nash dribble of both Ricky Rubio and Raul Neto. Rubio played 19 minutes tonight coming back from the hip injury and Neto sprained an ankle today during shootaround. The way to attack the Blazers defense is the search dribble, Ingles and Mitchell don’t do that. They are more offensive-minded and try to finish the play on the initial action.
- The Jazz bench was a combined 0 for 9 from three
- Coming back against the Blazers is almost impossible since Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum are so hard to stop. Lillard and McCollum combined for 50 of the 100 points for the Blazers and took 39 of the 87 shots. This is exactly on par for the season.
- The Jazz never lead and trailed by 10 in the first and 11 in the 2nd before being down by double figures for most of the 2nd
- Donovan Mitchell hit some of his off the bounce threes tonight continuing the trend of improvement. Joe Ingles was good in the restricted area continuing that trend. Ricky Rubio did not make his layups tonight.
- The streak had to come to an end at some point, tough to do v. Portland. The playoff run is going to be really hard and the margin for error is slim.
Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show
If you missed tonight action, I’ll get you caught up in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz struggled in the 1st half, but found their groove in the 2nd, as Donovan Mitchell dropped 25 second half points to lead Utah to a 124-109 victory
POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic
David Locke hosts POSTCAST after each Jazz game tonight the Jazz beat the Magic with thrid quarter surge and Donovan Mitchell commanding 2nd half play.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic
Time now for the Quin Snyder Coaches Show! Prior to tip-off, tune-in as Locke sits down with Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder to discuss slow first quarter starts vs dominant third quarter adjustments, and the matchup between Gobert and Vucevic.
- Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show February 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic February 27, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic February 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Utah Jazz are amazing, Hot Topic Debates MVP and Title Contender