SUMMARY: In a hard fought defensive dominated game the Utah Jazz came up with the plays late to beat the Phoenix Suns 96-95.
- The Jazz trailed by 6 85-79 with 5:18 left in the game. Then the Jazz made the plays to win the game and that is what separates teams. Bojan Bogdanovic hit a bi three to get the game down to 3. Rudy Gobert began an incredible stretch of making 8 straight free throws in the clutch. The Suns lead by 4 with 3:24 left and had the ball.
- Then the game turned on turnovers, ironically enough on a night when the Jazz gave the ball away all night long. Gobert dunked on a Conley give to make it 92-90 when Ricky Rubio drove and threw the ball away leading to a Donovan Mitchell fast break dunk and a tie, then Devin Booker tried a down the baseline pass that Donovan Mitchell stole and found Bojan Bogdanovic for a layup and a foul. The Suns tied it on a Jevon Carter 3 and then after a Donovan Mitchell turnover Kelly Oubre missed a three and the Jazz had one final chance.
- Quin Snyder diagrammed an out of bounds play where Ingles was the inbounder. Conley and Bojan started in the back court while Donovan was at the free throw line and he sprinted to the back court got the ball and then came full speed down hill drawing a foul with .4 seconds left on the clock. He made the first free throw to clinch the game
- This was not a pretty win, but it might be a better win that a pretty win. This game was absurdly physical and at times borderline dirty. Both teams were playing their 3 game in 4 nights and while the defensive effort on both sides was amazing the offensive shooting legs were gone.
- The 2nd quarter was a mess the Jazz shot 4 of 20 and only because they hit the last two shots of the quarter on transition threes by Bojan Bogdanovic and Royce O’Neale. The Suns shot 4 of 24.
- The Jazz had 23 turnovers. They shot 38% and 32% from 3 and they won.
- The Jazz defense has been elite through the first 4 games and was again tonight. The Jazz have held all 4 opponents to under a point per possessions (86% win rate) and under .95 pts per possession in 3 games (98% win rate)
- Rudy Gobert is getting better. He was truly fabulous tonight. He alters every play. He protects the rim, changes shot charts, effects offensive rhythm and disrupts everything the other team wants to do. Tonight he also grabbed 18 rebounds. He nailed 11 of 12 free throws and 8 of 8 in the clutch.
- Bojan Bogdanovic is a fabulous well rounded offensive player. He has so many elements to his game and he continues to show new aspects. Tonight he had 29 points on 8 of 13 shooting, with 4 of 8 from three. He added 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block. He came off pins downs, he hit open threes, he drove from the wing, he beat his man to the baseline and dunked. He had a play in the paint where he quickly elevated for a layin both quicker and higher than I had seen him do before.
- The Jazz having multiple offensive weapons was vital tonight when it was a struggle.
- Mike Conley had another tough night at 0 for 7 with 1 point. He was in foul trouble all night.
- Royce O”Neale was exceptional both on defense and making enough offensive plays.
- The Jazz bench is a little disconcerting right now.
- It is a win against a gritty team and it is a win where the group had to make plays late. These one feels pretty good despite how it looked.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022