SUMMARY: In a hard fought defensive dominated game the Utah Jazz came up with the plays late to beat the Phoenix Suns 96-95.
- The Jazz trailed by 6 85-79 with 5:18 left in the game. Then the Jazz made the plays to win the game and that is what separates teams. Bojan Bogdanovic hit a bi three to get the game down to 3. Rudy Gobert began an incredible stretch of making 8 straight free throws in the clutch. The Suns lead by 4 with 3:24 left and had the ball.
- Then the game turned on turnovers, ironically enough on a night when the Jazz gave the ball away all night long. Gobert dunked on a Conley give to make it 92-90 when Ricky Rubio drove and threw the ball away leading to a Donovan Mitchell fast break dunk and a tie, then Devin Booker tried a down the baseline pass that Donovan Mitchell stole and found Bojan Bogdanovic for a layup and a foul. The Suns tied it on a Jevon Carter 3 and then after a Donovan Mitchell turnover Kelly Oubre missed a three and the Jazz had one final chance.
- Quin Snyder diagrammed an out of bounds play where Ingles was the inbounder. Conley and Bojan started in the back court while Donovan was at the free throw line and he sprinted to the back court got the ball and then came full speed down hill drawing a foul with .4 seconds left on the clock. He made the first free throw to clinch the game
- This was not a pretty win, but it might be a better win that a pretty win. This game was absurdly physical and at times borderline dirty. Both teams were playing their 3 game in 4 nights and while the defensive effort on both sides was amazing the offensive shooting legs were gone.
- The 2nd quarter was a mess the Jazz shot 4 of 20 and only because they hit the last two shots of the quarter on transition threes by Bojan Bogdanovic and Royce O’Neale. The Suns shot 4 of 24.
- The Jazz had 23 turnovers. They shot 38% and 32% from 3 and they won.
- The Jazz defense has been elite through the first 4 games and was again tonight. The Jazz have held all 4 opponents to under a point per possessions (86% win rate) and under .95 pts per possession in 3 games (98% win rate)
- Rudy Gobert is getting better. He was truly fabulous tonight. He alters every play. He protects the rim, changes shot charts, effects offensive rhythm and disrupts everything the other team wants to do. Tonight he also grabbed 18 rebounds. He nailed 11 of 12 free throws and 8 of 8 in the clutch.
- Bojan Bogdanovic is a fabulous well rounded offensive player. He has so many elements to his game and he continues to show new aspects. Tonight he had 29 points on 8 of 13 shooting, with 4 of 8 from three. He added 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block. He came off pins downs, he hit open threes, he drove from the wing, he beat his man to the baseline and dunked. He had a play in the paint where he quickly elevated for a layin both quicker and higher than I had seen him do before.
- The Jazz having multiple offensive weapons was vital tonight when it was a struggle.
- Mike Conley had another tough night at 0 for 7 with 1 point. He was in foul trouble all night.
- Royce O”Neale was exceptional both on defense and making enough offensive plays.
- The Jazz bench is a little disconcerting right now.
- It is a win against a gritty team and it is a win where the group had to make plays late. These one feels pretty good despite how it looked.
JAZZ GAME REWIND – Jazz come from behind to take down the Nets
Re-live the Jazz win over the Brooklyn Nets via the radio highlights. Voiced by Jake Snelson
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Impressive late game win, Gobert impact, playing with eyes out
The Utah Jazz won a come from behind win against the Brooklyn Nets. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look a how the Jazz managed the win, breaks down the late and looks at the impact of Rudy Gobert. Locke voices concern on where the Jazz are taking their shots and the lack of rim and threes. In addition, Locke takes a look at Mudiay and Green and their mammoth impact on the win.
POSTCAST – Locke and Boone after the Jazz scrap to impressive win over Nets
Utah Jazz notch an impressive win over the Brooklyn Nets. David Locke and Ron Boone break down the Jazz victory
Utah Jazz1 day ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – A win that a really team gets for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Sixers are daunting, Ben Simmons is regressing, Sample Sample size but
Utah Jazz2 days ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Jazz dominate and get offense rolling in win over Warriors
Utah Jazz5 days ago
EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Bojan Bogdanovic at the buzzer wins it for the Jazz