EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – We get to do this again
SUMMARY: The Jazz get one and live to play another day
• The Jazz got the vital early lead and held on for an exciting win. In 8 of the 9 games of the last two years the team that has an 8 point first quarter lead wins the game.
• Jae Crowder and Ricky Rubio carried the offensive load for the Jazz early. Jae Crowder scored the first 9 points for the Jazz. Ricky Rubio was conducting tonight with more vigor than he had in the previous games.
• The Jazz were breaking the paint time and time again tonight. The shooting wasn’t dramatically better but the offense continued to get good looks and played as the aggressor.
• In fact the offense went cold for the entire 2nd quarter and for the first half of game 3 and it felt very similar to other games of the series.
• The Jazz defense on James Harden continues to slow down the leagues best offensive player. Harden is now 4 of 23 on shots in the paint non restricted area. That is the shot the Jazz wanted him to take. What has happened now is that Harden is aware of it and is no longer wanted to take the shot. He missed his first two of the night and then never attempted another one after the first quarter. As the Jazz get better at eliminating Capela on the lobs the Rockets offense begins to stutter a bit.
• Harden’s step back is still awesome. I believe he was 6 for 9 on the step back tonight and 2 for 10 otherwise.
• The Rockets missed all 13 three point shots in the 4th quarter and the last one of the third quarter missing 14 straight to close the game. Remember they missed 27 straight v. the Warriors last year.
• The Rockets answer was to play 6 foot 6 feet PJ Tucker at center. Tucker spreads the floor. Tucker hit the most corner 3 of anyone in the NBA. This means Gobert has to go to the corner and then his defensive presence isn’t as valuable. When the Rockets went to PJ Tucker Quin Snyder brought Derrick Favors back in the game and Favors was dominate. He killed the Rockets on the offensive glass in the 4th quarter. Favors had 6 offensive rebounds in the 4h quarter.
• Donovan did it again. He had 19 points in the 4th quarter. He carried the team in the 4th and broke the Jazz out of the offensive doldrums they were in during the game.
• Rockets scored 12 points in the 4th quarter
• The Jazz defense has now kept the Rockets under a point a possession in back to back games.
• Haven’t seen the numbers but don’t have a feeling the Jazz knocked down wide open looks tonight at any absurd level. That night still might come
• The Rockets shot just 10 of 21 at the rim
• Quin coached this one like his back was against the wall. He matched Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert’s minutes. He played Royce O’Neale 33 minutes and Joe Ingles just 23. Rubio and Mitchell each went 40 minutes.
• 6:00 pm start on Wednesday. Let’s do this again. Who knows what might happen. Game 5 would be a good time for the Jazz to get hot.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022