EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: An incredible game at Vivint Smart Home arena ends in the most improbable way a Jonas Jerebko tip in for a Warriors win 124-123
• This was an incredible game. An offensive explosion. Brilliance from all angles. Super star players carrying the World Champs, pieces of the puzzle making monster plays, three pointers from every where and endless offense.
• The Jazz scored 47 points in the 2nd quarter and a franchise record 81 points in the 1st half. They hit of 1 of their first 11 three point shots and then made 12 of their next 15.
• The Warriors willed their way back in the game behind Steph Curry in the 3rd quarter and Kevin Durant in the 4th quarter.
• The Jerebko tip in ended the game but the killer play of the night was Draymond Green with 2:40 left turning a 5 point game into a 2 point game with a three pointer. I talked about this all the time but you want to get it to a three possession game and the Jazz would have had a 5 point lead and the ball with 2:40 left if he had missed and a chance to get to three possessions
• The Jazz offense was great. The offensive rating tonight was 119. They hit on 42% of their three point shots. They got to the line, they shot in the restricted area. It was an offensive exhibition by the Jazz.
• The crazy thing is the Jazz offense was better than I could have ever imagined and the defense did a lot of things it wanted to do. It took away three point shots, the Warriors shot just 19 threes, the Jazz took away high assists numbers and forced the Warriors into a lot of unassisted plays, 22 of 49 field goals were unassisted. Yet, the Warriors were still great. Their isn’t another team in the NBA that beats the Jazz tonight.
• Donovan Mitchell was officially 0 for 7 in the 4th quarter. It is a little misleading he got three shots at the end of a shot clock but he didn’t make great decisions on the other. Once he was guarded by Klay Thompson and called for a pick that had him guarded by Kevin Durant and he took a three over the 7 footer.
• Joe Ingles was marvelous again for the Jazz. A career high 27 points on 7 of 11 shooting from three both career highs. He made numerous shots and also ran the offense at a very high level.
• The Jazz got the high pass going for a while then the Warriors adjusted and brought another guy into the mix. As the season goes the Jazz will figure out how to take advantage of that.
• Unofficially I only have the Jazz with 18 non-restricted area 2 point shots in this game. Their shot distribution was great and it might be why they were able to hang with the Warriors. This has been a major emphasis and it will make a difference in the Jazz offense.
• Dante Exum had another very strong game for the Jazz. 13 points in 18 minutes. He is long defensively as well.
• 8 teams in the NBA scored 120 points. Something is happening.
• Jazz shot 7 of 23 in the 4th quarter
• Warriors were 10 of 10 on fast breaks but that isn’t a huge amount of fast breaks.
• Jae Crowder was +10 in 29 minutes
• This was a terrific game. Incredibly entertaining. The shooting was beyond insane in the first half of the game. Too bad to lose this but lots of really positive things and lot of room to improve at the same time. Warriors have some math issues with their roster this year. Things are still very good in Jazz world.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022